Most up travel (coil sprung) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Most up travel (coil sprung)

For the front of a JKU, what is the most up travel on a coil sprung JKU (not coil over) anyone has seen or done? And this would be with a 4-5" lift or under? Right now I'm at 4.25" up before crashing into the chopped factory fenders. I'm running 4" EVO plush rides and it's coming in right at 5" true lift height (measured from bottom of shock tower to lower shock bolt compared to factory measurement). I would love to gain another inch (at least) but the fenders are the obstruction now. I have cut the rear part of the fender opening and chopped my PS bumper to gain full lock to lock turn at full stuff.

40" tires on UD 60s and 4" bs trail ready beadlocks.

18 JKU Granite Crystal- 4"lift, 40s, UD60s
07 Red Rock Crystal JKU - Sold

Last edited by RedRock0740; 02-15-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRock0740 View Post
For the front of a JKU, what is the most up travel on a coil sprung JKU (not coil over) anyone has seen or done? And this would be with a 4-5" lift or under? Right now I'm at 4.25" up before crashing into the chopped factory fenders. I'm running 4" EVO plush rides and it's coming in right at 5" true lift height (measured from bottom of shock tower to lower shock bolt compared to factory measurement). I would love to gain another inch (at least) but the fenders are the obstruction now. I have cut the rear part of the fender opening and chopped my PS bumper to gain full lock to lock turn at full stuff.
What size are your tires? I'm surprised you don't have more room...

EDIT: I posted some factually incorrect numbers before if anyone saw this post before I edit, just ignore those numbers.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-15-2019, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Guess that would be helpful info lol. 40" tires on UD60s with 4" backspace Trail Ready wheels

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-15-2019, 07:38 AM
Wheeler

Metalcloak dual rates are pretty insane. Have had several mechanics comment on them when a shock is disconnected and Jeep is on lift. Other thing about them is they last a long time. Mine have been on for years and no signs of flattening.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-15-2019, 09:25 AM
Granite Guru

We make 6" lift coil springs and they are what we are currently running on our JK with +8" wider Currie D70's and 40's.

The Jeep is essentially running this suspension system.
https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jk-s...tegory_id=4971

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-15-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was really hoping to not have to go to 6" springs. For a rig that mainly does dirt/rock trails, rock crawling, ledges, and fairly steep hills (no rock bouncer stuff here though obviously) should I just live with the 4.25" up? It's not a daily driver but I want it to ride nice on the road. I'm going to look at the fenders to see if there is a way to get them higher or do a custom fender. Or, go to 6" springs?

post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2019, 03:22 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRock0740 View Post
I was really hoping to not have to go to 6" springs. For a rig that mainly does dirt/rock trails, rock crawling, ledges, and fairly steep hills (no rock bouncer stuff here though obviously) should I just live with the 4.25" up? It's not a daily driver but I want it to ride nice on the road. I'm going to look at the fenders to see if there is a way to get them higher or do a custom fender. Or, go to 6" springs?
With tons and 40's, I feel 6" springs give the best combination of up/down travel since bump spacing typically has to be around 4" to keep the coil springs from coil binding whether you have 6" or 4.5" springs. As it is now, it drives amazing on the road and wheels fantastic. Granted, we are pretty wide so that helps, but up travel is just as important as down travel when building a well-rounded vehicle.
There are lots more pictures on our Facebook, but here is an album from Colorado last year with our JK and new JL.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SynergyM...09219179111772

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode