2015 jku rubi lift question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By chitown35
  • 1 Post By thedirtman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-07-2018, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

2015 jku rubi lift question

I need some help I have a 2015 jku rubicon and would like to put a lift on it But Iím so confused on what parts/kit I will actually need so Iím hoping one of you can help i donít want to just put pucks on it I would lift a functioning lift I would like to keep it in the 2Ē-3Ē height range I would like to run stock wheels and tires since itís my daily driver with weekend off-road use any help or kit suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-08-2018, 12:28 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
post #3 of 11 Old 12-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Granite Guru

Read this, it'll teach you which parts you need:
http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...ur-getting-one

And my recommendation is for this:
https://www.metalcloak.com/product-p/7127.htm
rockystock and El Sanchimoto like this.

ē|||||||ē 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
Auto / 4.56 Gears / ARB Front, Auburn Ected Rear Locker & LSD / G2 Core 44 35 Spline Axles / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 37" KM3s on Method 105 Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-08-2018, 09:24 AM
JKO Addict!

For improvong your off road performance just lifting will do very little. It will help slightly on your wheeling angles but a bigger tire like a 35" will do way more for you as well as inmproving your wheeling angles. You actually help make the jeep less stable and more prone to roll over and decrease the ride comfort on road with more axle shift due to the dteeper link angles.

Tires, proper gearing, and lockers are going to get you where want to go off road. The suspension modificaions (lift) is to compensate for the bigger tires and give you clearance for up travel.

Welcome to the forum.
chitown35 likes this.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Wheeler

Here is a picture of my wifes daily driven 2016 JKUR, flexed out. I decided to use a Terraflex 2.5" spacer lift and Terraflex tuned Fox shocks for round 1 of the suspension modifications. I was quite impressed with the improvements for a relatively inexpensive kit. It run 37"s with Genright narrow tube fenders and has virtually zero rubbing issues without having to trim any of the body. Dont believe all the hype about needing an expensive lift kit to maintain ride quality. At 2" of lift all the extra parts I see in alot of other kits is mostly unneeded fluff IMO.

If you want to use stock wheels just buy a quality set of 1.25" wheel spacers. They are needed so that the tires clear the sway bars and a couple other suspension parts. Pretty much all lift kit manufacturers require the spacers with stock wheels.

Last edited by SLOWPOKE693; 12-08-2018 at 04:59 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Did you change the gearing to run the 37's?? Factory Rubi's have 4.10's right?
I have a 2017 Sahara that I am looking to lift. Trying to decide on what lift, wheel, tire combo to use. Any help would be appreciated.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayetteKong View Post
I need some help I have a 2015 jku rubicon and would like to put a lift on it But I’m so confused on what parts/kit I will actually need so I’m hoping one of you can help i don’t want to just put pucks on it I would lift a functioning lift I would like to keep it in the 2”-3” height range I would like to run stock wheels and tires since it’s my daily driver with weekend off-road use any help or kit suggestions would be appreciated

I also have a 15 JKUR and I just lifted it myself, in addition to a couple other things. I highly recommend Metal Cloak and (for you) their 2.5 inch true dual rate with rocksport shocks. Their 2.5 will actually get you close to 3 inches unless you have a bunch of heavy mods like steel bumpers and skid plates. The kit comes with everything you need except the exhaust spacers which might be arguable if you actually need them or not but better to err on the side of safety. I am also running stock wheels for the time being. If you get a Metal Cloak kit you'll notice you need to specify your wheel backspacing. Factory wheels are 6.25" but I slapped on Spidertraxx 1.75" spacers to bring me down to 4.5" which allowed me to get the MC kit for less than 5.5" of backspacing. Personally I recommend getting yourself a set of spacers to bring yourself under 5.5" of backspacing, how much is up to you. As long as you install them with the provided thread locker, torque them properly, and check the torque on them every time you change your oil you shouldn't have any issues with a spacer coming loose. It brings your wheels out a bit further and widens the stance. Depending on how old your tires are though you might need to get some new ones. I had 50k on my OEM KMs and the wear was really bad, so when I lifted and moved them out it gave me some wobbles. If you want to keep stock tires check your local facebook market place, I see people selling sets of 5 OEM BFG KMs for 400 to 600 on the regular. With a 2.5" lift you could go to 285/70R17 no problem as well. Wouldn't hit your MPGs too much nor would you need a regear and they'd look real nice.

The AEV kit linked is also a kit I considered before I bought mine but for me it didn't come with everything I needed to replace (like a front track bar) nor for correct geometry if I recall correctly. Once I added up the additional parts I would have had to buy it surpassed the Metal Cloak lift cost so it wasn't worth it.

Last edited by El Sanchimoto; 12-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Depends. Manuals came with 4.10s, autos came with 3.73's unless you got the max tow then you got 4.10's with the auto.

Quote:
I have a 2017 Sahara that I am looking to lift. Trying to decide on what lift, wheel, tire combo to use. Any help would be appreciated.
What size tires do you want to run? That's really the first question you need to answer.

With stock fenders you'll probably want a 3.5" lift to run 35's comfortably, you can get away with less if you trim your fenders or buy flat fenders. If you want to run 37's you'll want 3.5" and trimmed/flat fenders. I mean you can run 35's or 37's on less than a 3.5" lift but then you start to enter the realm of needing needing to trim parts of the body and needing more bump stops or you will start rubbing a lot more which limits your articulation. If you're not wheeling it much/at all then it begins to matter less.

With a 3.5" lift or higher you need to start looking at new drive shafts as well, and since your sahara has 3.21 gears you'll need to regear pretty much no matter what tire size you want to run. Unless you got the tow package with your sahara then you're running 3.73s you could run a 285/17R17 nicely or 35's a tad sluggishly.

Last edited by El Sanchimoto; 12-12-2018 at 01:09 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-12-2018, 09:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayetteKong View Post
I need some help I have a 2015 jku rubicon and would like to put a lift on it But Iím so confused on what parts/kit I will actually need so Iím hoping one of you can help i donít want to just put pucks on it I would lift a functioning lift I would like to keep it in the 2Ē-3Ē height range I would like to run stock wheels and tires since itís my daily driver with weekend off-road use any help or kit suggestions would be appreciated

First thing you need to buy, is a box of periods. You seem to have run out.

Kevin
post #10 of 11 Old 12-12-2018, 05:42 PM

I have the AEV 'dual sport' 2.5 inch lift on my 2015 2 door rubicon. Happy with it. I have run 285/75-17 KM 2 tires tires & now 34x10.5-17 KO2 tires on the original rims with 1.5 inch spacers in the front..
post #11 of 11 Old 12-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
My wifes JKUR is a 6spd and came with 4.10 gears. I was going to swap out the gears to 5.13s after mounting the tires, but after driving it with the 37s I decided it was not needed at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode