I am curious as to others thoughts on moving forward with my build ’13 JKU. I could just leave well enough alone and not spend any money. But it’s a jeep, LOL! I am just curious to hear some thoughts on what you all would do give my current set up and the options I list. Looking for legitimately constructive and informative comments please.
Current Set up
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 dr) – 55,000 miles
- Automatic Transmission
- Rock Krawler 3.5" lift with all 8 control arms, springs, track bars, etc.
- JRi Shocks
- 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Spyderlock Wheels
- Currie Ent. 60 VXR axles (front & rear)
- 4:88 gears with ARB lockers (front & rear)
- 1350 Drive Shafts (front & rear)
- PSC Big Bore Hydro Assist steering
- sPod switch system
- ARB Twin Air Compressor mounted under the hood on a M.O.R.E. mount on the driver side
- Front JCR Offroad Bumper with Engo 10K winch
- Rear JCR Offroad Bumper with tire carrier
- Ace Engineering Rock Rails with Jeep Rubi Rails
- As you can see, it's a fairly heavy rig and will most likely add skids too
Go with an LS swap Jeep seems to run ok with the 4:88 gearing and my set up. But my rig is heavy and the extra horse power would be nice. May not really be an option as still recovering from the axle swap and 37s. But still gonna explore it.
Upgrade suspension and go with coil overs (taller lift). Reason I am throwing this option in the mix is with installing the Currie VXR60s make it pretty tight under my rig with the current RK 3.5 lift. Tight meaning clearances with up travel. So I would be looking to go a little taller.
Skip both options #1 and #2 and do various smaller upgrades such as interior items, roll cage, maybe swap around bumpers/armor, replace Engo with with something else like a Warn, etc. etc. Ideas are welcome.
'13 JKU Billet Silver, RockKrawler 3.5 lift, JRi Shocks, Currie VXR60s, Spyderlock Wheels, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50, ARB Twin with Lockers, PSC Hydro Assist, Superchips Flashpaq, Rubi Rails, Ace Rock Sliders, sPod, JCR Front & Rear bumpers, Engo 10KS Winch, KrawlOff-Road LEDs