Falcon Nexus stabilizer with knuckles that raise the tie rod? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-31-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Falcon Nexus stabilizer with knuckles that raise the tie rod?

Hey gents...

I'm fitting a new Falcon Nexus SS with Yeti tie rod and drag link and pre-existing Reid knuckles.

The long 14mm bolt on the Nexus is supposed to go into the original track bar hole. It is available with my raised track bar kit since it has a spacer there instead of a track bar. The problem is that the tie rod only leaves 1.5" clearance max and the Nexus sticks out 2" from the bracket. Not gonna work that way.

I was thinking to just run that long 14mm bolt through the track bar in its raised location. It's 3" above the original mount and will clear. The knuckles raise the tie rod 1.5". I have 3" bump stops.

Questions....

Is it a bad idea to use the actual track bar bolt location as the point to attach the SS? I wonder if the track bar bolt would work itself loose more quickly that way?

The 14mm x .15 nut included with the SS is not a flange nut and I have read reports with pictures of how that came loose. I am planning to locate a 14mm x 1.5 flange nut and then hit it with some blue loc-tite too.

Has anyone run one of these SS with a raised track bar and knuckles that raise the tie rod? Any clearance issues?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2018, 05:04 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Are you running a weld-on track bar bracket? Having trouble seeing it; sounds like you're wanting to bolt the SS to where the track bar end used to be? Doesn't seem like a big deal.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2018, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

No weld on and yes. The problem is that the raised tie rod is right in front of that bolt now and leaves only 1.5" clearance there. I need at least 2" because the 14mm bolt head/heim thingy sticks out 2".

I'll post a short video or some pics later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode