07 maunal wont shift with new clutch - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

07 maunal wont shift with new clutch

long story short. Center force tob sucks.
07 JKURubi 6 speed
So put new tob (temkin, worth the money) in, with new pressure plate cause friction disk was still brand new. Now, I cannot shift into gear. Yes I have the friction plate faced in the right direction, well at least the spring pack is facing the transmission like they said. With just the trans attached and the T-case still off it will fire right up and shift smooth as silk. As soon as i put the t case on I cannot shift into any gear. If i shift into N with the t case it will shift just fine.

What have I missed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Wheeler

Clutch release fork maybe? Itís what engages the clutch when you push the clutch pedal?

2014 JKUR, manual, Metalcloak 3.5" lift, 35" MTR's on stock wheels, SPod, Baja Designs, VKS Pre-Runner rock sliders
post #3 of 10 Old 10-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Granite Guru

Doesn't make sense, works with the transfer case off and not when it's connected. Transfer case has nothing to do with shifting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-31-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Agreed, Im still scratching my head on what it could be. I pulled the slave before I Started the change out and that was never touch. other than the tob exploding on me the hyd. side of the clutch has been great.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 PM

I’m having nothing but problems with my new centerforce clutch. At 1000 Kms the TOB started getting much much louder.

Now at 3000km in, I’m finding it harder and harder to shift into 1st/reverse.

I got the full dual friction clutch kit for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK.

Tried my best to get in contact with centerforce through Facebook and emails.

Not getting any help at all sadly 😢

Other than a Jeep that’s getting harder to drive bye the day.

I’ve sent many videos to them regarding these issues but I feel like they are just ignoring me. I thought paying so much for a clutch kit it would at least last longer than a oil change.

Not much good to say about the situation right now sadly.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-01-2018, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochranb02 View Post
Agreed, Im still scratching my head on what it could be. I pulled the slave before I Started the change out and that was never touch. other than the tob exploding on me the hyd. side of the clutch has been great.
díyou wiggle/ rotate the flange at the shaft when reassembling to align the splines? There are also a couple brackets up top of trans that can get caught between block and housing . Any misplaced linkages or anything blocking the shifting ? Something has either undone itself or isnít reinstalled right it sounds. You should intro yerself so we know who we are talking to when this bs is over ( Welcome Room)

Just my input

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-01-2018, 01:57 PM

Hey Guys, just wondering if you’s wrecking a faulty TOB alone would cause difficulty shifting into 1st and reverse at a stop??

When TOB gets hot and loud it’s shifts into gear no problem.

Just looking to see what I should replace next to get this working correctly??

Thanks for any help you can be 😀
post #8 of 10 Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cian merrigan View Post
Hey Guys, just wondering if youís wrecking a faulty TOB alone would cause difficulty shifting into 1st and reverse at a stop??

When TOB gets hot and loud itís shifts into gear no problem.

Just looking to see what I should replace next to get this working correctly??

Thanks for any help you can be 😀
The problem is the clutch is fully disengaging. I would try bleeding the system first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #9 of 10 Old 11-02-2018, 08:26 AM
JKO Addict!

It's a pain to bleed the clutch on my 3.6.

How is the pilot bearing/bushing? Did you replace it? Did it get boogered up on the reinstall? I've done many clutches and tons of transmission work and what I occasionally saw was that folks would draw the transmission together with the motor with the input shaft not fully engaged.

If you have the old TOB still, you might be able to measure the height with with a vernier caliper and take note of any difference between the old and new.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-02-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

My tob did the exact same thing. I replaced everything from the clutch master, the line (with new o rings), and new slave. It being able to hold good pressure finally is what helped my tob explode. and when I say explode i mean it was like a mortar when i pulled the trans. ball bearings were rolling around everywhere and the clips were laying in the bottom. Im gonna play and rub and giggle her around this weekend and see what i can come up with.

By the way,
names - brad
live in - south fl, north palm
jeep - to much money invested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in