I have 28K on the 2013 Rubi, owned it since new.
So I'm aware of every mod.
The front is tight.
The drag link is under the knuckle, all stock.
Did the 34" tires and rims (was OEM Rubi before, tires all worn out), things were still great.
Did the lift, got the problem.
No mods in the front steering components. Till the lift last week, where just added the spacer and changed the swaybar links for those that came with the BB kit.
The TB and it's mounts were all stock, till tonight.
Tonight after the rear, installed only a TF front monster TB (no mount mods).
No, I haven't gone through all the CA bolts yet.
I'm looking to do that tomorrow. Ran out of time tonight.
I tend to agree with your suggestion, that could help.
I'm sure there's no sensor issues, since for 2wks with the 34's everything was great.
Others have said the taller tires make the wheel speed detection more picky/sensitive, but for 2wks of hard driving with the 34's, nothing, not a hint of an issue.
It all started right after finishing the lift, that test drive.
I've had sensor go bad before, and it's senseless when they kick in, its random. I've seen it effect gas mileage.
This is my 4th JK, still have 3 of them in the house hold.
This problem is 100% predictable.
So the update...
This afternoon I installed a TF monster rear TB with the TF 2 hole rear TB mount, adjusted it all up and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.
Any launch but a full throttle mash launch, and the nannies aren't kicking in.
In all fairness, with the TC off, full throttle and I can get a spin off a rear tire, with TC on / normal, I'd expect it to kick in.
Most hard left turns, no longer getting the nannies applying the brakes, I use to need to go soo slow around a left, or turn off TC. And if I forgot, any normal driving left turn reminded me I forgot to turn off the TC. Normal driving, no hard launches, so no need to have the TC off, till the damn left turns.
But now, for most normal left turns through the neighborhood, no nannies.
Right turns still great.
Now, If I do a very hard left turn that starts to go downhill, a bit of the braking is felt. Nothing like before. No anchors being thrown out.
On flat or and up hill hard left, nothing, all normal.
If I drive normal, or a little aggressive, nothing so far on any left turns. Again, but for a very hard left that goes down hill, go figure.
Before it was 100%, but for driving like a turtle or TC off.
Right after that test drive , installed a front TF monster TB.
Then took it for another test drive, it was getting late, felt like there was no difference with the nannies since the rear work.
But since it was late I didn't take a tape measure to the axles/body to check for center.
I just adjusted the new TF monster to drop right in, and it did.
Tomorrow I'll check front axle center, then the steering wheel again.
Again, tired and late, but I don't think the steering wheel is moving on launch like it was.
Stock TBs flexing and/or rear roll center too low before?
I spent too much time battling getting the TF rear mount on, with the LCA skid plates on. Didn't want to delete the skid plate.
So gave up on the TF mount..
Then tried to install a JKS rear mount, didn't line up well at all. Finally figured out it had some boogers in 2 welds I had to grind down to get the bracket to lay flat and get holes and Ubolt bracket to line up. Repainted after test fitting.
Finally got the JKS installed, and went to install the TF monster rear TB and found the adjusting sleeve and clamps bodies are too thick, hit the vertical brace that goes from where the TB mounts to the Uclamp mount.
@#$%@#[email protected][email protected]
So back to the TF mount and deleted the left side rear CA skid plate for now. Deal with that later.
That dance cost me a few good hours with all that dickering.
After that test drive was good, and with the sun gone, quickly did the front TF monster TB. Measured up the distance between the mounts and adjusted the length so it would drop in, and it did.
Finally , no dickering, something went as planned.
Will check for axle center tomorrow.
But after installing the front TB, that test drive, it still drove straight and solid. Wheel was still centered.
In hind sight, I do have several hundred pounds of tools and recovery tackle, farm jack, and other associated hard metal heavy stuff in the rear of the JKU.
Would have been interesting to unload the jeep before I did all of this and see how it drove.