Corner Armor - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Corner Armor

Looking to invest in some corner armor before I get the Jeep back up and out to some trails again. I really like the PSC Trail Corners.

Here is my dilemma, I want the functionality of corners, but I prefer the OEM tail lights and hate the look of the flush mount/round tail lights. Would buying the corners that work with the OEM tail lights be counter productive?
Attached Images

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 09-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Nope, but I would probably go with nemesis and get rid of spyder logo.

https://www.nem-ind.com/jk-crawler-rear-corner.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 49 Old 09-27-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Nope, but I would probably go with nemesis and get rid of spyder logo.

https://www.nem-ind.com/jk-crawler-rear-corner.html
Those look sweet! Think they would look good with a rattle can paint job?

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletJKU View Post
Those look sweet! Think they would look good with a rattle can paint job?

you tell me, my new friend...

Nemesis makes some of the best products available for the JK/JKU. The fit was exact and quality above and beyond.

I run almost exclusively aluminum & have never ordered anything but bare metal parts. Everything on my JKU that is armor was sprayed with Rustoleum truckbed liner ...it lasts if applied properly

Nemesis Industries and ndtguy like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 04:54 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I run all PSC stuff, Corners, Fenders, Bumper. I like the flush mount, Keeps me from having to replace
Tail lights, I already smashed my originals. So flush mounts work for me. YMMV
I sand them down and reapply semi flat rustoleum, except where the rocks from the front tires fly
back and hit the rear fenders, That gets bedliner.

08'Rubicon, 37" Radial Trepadors, DIY beadlocks,10 Factory rear axles,RCV front shafts,Sleeved front,C-gussets,5.38's,OBA,highlift,Warn,
PSC fenders,corners,rocker knocker, BFH rear, Warn front, Classic Cobra 29,Carpet delete, hurculinered tub.
post #6 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
you tell me, my new friend...

Nemesis makes some of the best products available for the JK/JKU. The fit was exact and quality above and beyond.

I run almost exclusively aluminum & have never ordered anything but bare metal parts. Everything on my JKU that is armor was sprayed with Rustoleum truckbed liner ...it lasts if applied properly

Y'all are tempting me, those are freakin sweet. I'm guessing the Nemesis are aluminum? That's a pretty good price if so.

I am really interested because, like you, I am not running a rear bumper and feel like that sheet metal is way too exposed.
Nemesis Industries likes this.

Last edited by SilverBulletJKU; 09-28-2018 at 07:47 AM.
post #7 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eburgpirate View Post
I run all PSC stuff, Corners, Fenders, Bumper. I like the flush mount, Keeps me from having to replace
Tail lights, I already smashed my originals. So flush mounts work for me. YMMV
I sand them down and reapply semi flat rustoleum, except where the rocks from the front tires fly
back and hit the rear fenders, That gets bedliner.
Yeah I'm a big fan of how the PSC Corners fit. They're my favorite in terms of aesthetics, which is a big deal but obviously protection is the main reason I'm buying some.

post #8 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

yup. they are aluminum .
I have reared-back with a baseball bat and a piece of rebar & hit the corners to test & not so much as a scratch .
They are very light for such stout corners which is my primary concern.
I did not have them cutout taillight holes nor powder-coat them .

the poison spyder corners do fit very well.

(edit: yeah, I am about to chop those frame-rails off and get rid of the bumperless shackle thing. I want her shorter. My first port-purchase welder plan is to get those taken care of ...I want something which wraps-up & protects the corners)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 09-28-2018 at 09:21 AM.
post #9 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
yup. they are aluminum .
I have reared-back with a baseball bat and a piece of rebar & hit the corners to test & not so much as a scratch .
They are very light for such stout corners which is my primary concern.
I did not have them cutout taillight holes nor powder-coat them .

the poison spyder corners do fit very well.

(edit: yeah, I am about to chop those frame-rails off and get rid of the bumperless shackle thing. I want her shorter. My first port-purchase welder plan is to get those taken care of ...I want something which wraps-up & protects the corners)

Sounds durable haha. If I do order some I'll probably either rattle can or bedline.

Can't wait to see what that rear end will look like! Going with a BFH style bumper?

post #10 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I dunno yet. I like the excessive industries rear but I like that
Motobilt one that replaces the rail . I haven't decided. I never have cared much about rear bumpers. I just don't like the frame bein out that far. It's the only part I ever drag or is in the way off ledges ...

I'm trying to figure out how to lose about 7-10" between back there & front ... planning shtuffs, heh

post #11 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
I dunno yet. I like the excessive industries rear but I like that
Motobilt one that replaces the rail . I haven't decided. I never have cared much about rear bumpers. I just don't like the frame bein out that far. It's the only part I ever drag or is in the way off ledges ...

I'm trying to figure out how to lose about 7-10" between back there & front ... planning shtuffs, heh

Dang dude, keep us updated! I love my frame chop front bumper, I might do a frame chop rear too but no time soon.

post #12 of 49 Old 09-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Wheeler

Corner Armor

Mine are all crawler conceptz armor and I have the corners as well. The front and rear bumpers are frame chopped to be body flush. The closer it is the less it can hang up. Now I need belly armor !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-22-2018 at 03:48 AM.
post #13 of 49 Old 09-29-2018, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

that looks good, [email protected]
CC makes good stuffs. I just cant swing the added weight of a rear bumper, personally. But I like how close the front is. Looks like poison spyder at 1st glance ( I have a difficult time due to the nausea of the war-eagle plate surround...Go Dawgs!

wink-wink)

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 09-29-2018 at 03:56 AM.
post #14 of 49 Old 09-30-2018, 03:14 PM
Wheeler

Got the corners in the box inside in front of my front door,the wife’s complaining so now I got to get these sprayed and installed,darn it!

post #15 of 49 Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 AM
Wheeler

Yah y’all are the only competition for Alabama this year! I hope y’all take their heads off. Most people get fired for not doing their job,instead we give him 40 million! I was hoping for Kirby but alumni and money wins every time!

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #16 of 49 Old 10-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Got the corners in the box inside in front of my front door,the wife’s complaining so now I got to get these sprayed and installed,darn it!

preparation in painting is everything.

Make sure to have some decent clamps to hold the corners in place as you fit them and punch-point the hole locations before drilling and use RTV or silicone ( as well as some paint) on your holes . I painted the drilled holes with a paint pen , let dry then used RTV 5min gasket around each rivnutcert before pressing it in and tightening. No body leaks or rust.

and take photos, post to some cloud storage & then use the URL DirectLink for posting here.

post #17 of 49 Old 10-02-2018, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
preparation in painting is everything.

Make sure to have some decent clamps to hold the corners in place as you fit them and punch-point the hole locations before drilling and use RTV or silicone ( as well as some paint) on your holes . I painted the drilled holes with a paint pen , let dry then used RTV 5min gasket around each rivnutcert before pressing it in and tightening. No body leaks or rust.

and take photos, post to some cloud storage & then use the URL DirectLink for posting here.

Yeah I was planning on using RTV, helps to not spin nutserts as well.

post #18 of 49 Old 10-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Wheeler

Havoc off road has a great video on YouTube on it.

post #19 of 49 Old 10-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Wheeler

Anyone had any luck trying to find a full aluminum corner but in a builder version? Pretty much exactly like the Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series corner without the flare.

2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost CCSB RaceRed
Looking for a built LJ/JKUR
post #20 of 49 Old 10-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyLeRsJK View Post
Anyone had any luck trying to find a full aluminum corner but in a builder version? Pretty much exactly like the Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series corner without the flare.
I know the guys at Nemesis confirmed you could get no holes cut ( it's how I got my corners) and they've got no flares . I wanna say I've also asked TnTCustoms about buying their aluminum rear corners w/out any cutouts but both of those have wheelwell arch cuts ...

post #21 of 49 Old 10-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
I know the guys at Nemesis confirmed you could get no holes cut ( it's how I got my corners) and they've got no flares . I wanna say I've also asked TnTCustoms about buying their aluminum rear corners w/out any cutouts but both of those have wheelwell arch cuts ...
I'll reach out to Nemesis. I already asked TnT and they want $1000 for their aluminum corner. I'll go steel before I ever pay that for a corner.

Thank you j3ff3ry!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

post #22 of 49 Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Wheeler

You have to contact shad at crawler conceptz to get the builder corners that you want and probably cheaper than cut finished corners

post #23 of 49 Old 10-16-2018, 06:21 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You have to contact shad at crawler conceptz to get the builder corners that you want and probably cheaper than cut finished corners

Not sure what you mean here but he advertises the Ultra Series builder corner on his website.

Ultra Series JK 4-Door Full Rear Corner Armor - No Flare

Last time I checked he wouldn't build aluminum corners for a 4 door.

post #24 of 49 Old 10-16-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyLeRsJK View Post
Not sure what you mean here but he advertises the Ultra Series builder corner on his website.

Ultra Series JK 4-Door Full Rear Corner Armor - No Flare

Last time I checked he wouldn't build aluminum corners for a 4 door.
Why wouldn't he? Genuinely curious

post #25 of 49 Old 10-17-2018, 03:19 AM
Wheeler

I thought They were on the website for sale that way. Maybe another manufacturer then. I was looking at several different companies at the time and may have gotten them mixed up. I was looking at steel also,sorry for the mixup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode