What did you do with your Trans Cooler? What radiator, and fan are you going to use. I have the Northern Radiator now. When it leaks "again", I am going to swap out to the C&R. As for fans. I went with an electric fan setup. the engine driven fan in JSS kit would not fit. Not enough clearance. I also had to put a louver in the hood to vent the heat, and blocked off the area to the side of the radiator to force the air through. It will blow cold AC on a 100+ degree day and never get above 215. At the moment, I am not running a cooler for the pump.
- no trans cooler (manual trans.)
- C&R radiator. It's probably the nicest thing in this whole swap, besides the engine lol. It has all provisions to reattach the plastic shroud pieces, just like stock. Save your stock pieces if you're swapping to C&R! Sent the Northern back to Jeep Speed Shop over six months ago; still waiting for $800 refund. Ate $100+ in return shipping.
- 2012+ JK fan with AEV fan conversion harness and procal module to set PCM to PWM fan. It gave me the "two honks" indicating the reprogram took and the TIPM is compatible; we'll see... For clearance, I had to cut 5/8" off the back side of the upper radiator support and weld on a strip of 1/8" steel, and drill/tap new holes for the 2 upper radiator bolts. Also cut most of the water pump pulley threaded hub off with grinder cutoff wheel and lots of water spray while cutting, hopefully didn't cook the pump seal or destabilize the pulley.
- p/s cooler - you could reuse the trans cooler for p/s and mount a trans cooler similar to how I have my new p/s cooler in front, trans. hoses route to the other side I think?
- hood vents - none on mine yet, will probably do some eventually. Also planning for vented fender liners.
- going with AEV snorkel for true cool air. I'm currently working on fabbing a coolant overflow tank to mount in stock location (driver side, no room on passenger side with stock air box). It's tight over there but looks like I can get around 80oz which is close to stock 3.6 bottle capacity (TJ bottle is huge. ~115+oz, about 50% more volume than 3.6!!). I think some overheating issues may be caused by too little reservoir volume, air bubble remains in radiator, etc. The universal 3x10 or 2x17 round steel bottles are just too small. If you have Todd's newer air box / coolant tank setup, recommend finding out how much volume that tank has. If it's less than ~75oz (135 cubic inches) it may be too small...