PSC Big Bore interference with Teraflex Track Bar? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By mrjosh
  • 1 Post By Rock Krawler Suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-16-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

PSC Big Bore interference with Teraflex Track Bar?

My stock steering box is getting sloppy (the sector shaft not only rotates in the steering box, it moves side-to-side too). I'm planning on replacing it with a PSC Big Bore XD, but PSC states in their specifications that it "may interfere with some aftermarket track bars". Before I spend the cash, I would like to know if I am going to have an interference issue or not. I am running a TeraFlex Monster track bar with 4" of lift and 37" tires

I have searched the forums and all I have found is some discussion about the old Rock Krawler design interfering (apparently theirs has been redesigned), but I have not found any information, positive or negative, about compatibility between the PSC Big Bore XD and the Teraflex Monster track bar. Has anyone tried running that combination of steering box and track bar and can they confirm for me whether or not there is an interference problem at full-stuff and wheels turned to passenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Wheeler

Yes it will rub. I can say from experience that the Synergy front track bar will clear the Big Bore XD. Before and after pics from my install.
Attached Images

j3ff3ry_j33p and DJ1 like this.

2013 JKU Sport "True Blue"
Mods: 3.5" Lift, Toyo Open Country RT 37's
post #3 of 9 Old 09-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Rock God

Do you have a drag link flip/raised track bar? If so your Teraflex track bar actually hits even the stock steering sector shaft (likely why the box is destroyed). I wrecked a factory gear box with the Teraflex track bar before I realized what was going on. It requires something like 3-4" bump stop extension, or 6-7" bump stop extension if you have a raised track bar bracket. It's basically just a junk design, I'm guessing they didn't think about that interference when they got all the manufacturing tooling setup and then decided to not fix it due to re-tooling cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Granite Guru

The synergy track bar is rotated forwards at the frame side and is the only one that clears th steering box.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 9 Old 09-17-2018, 12:11 AM
DJ1
Rock God

That is the main reason why I decided to keep my Synergy front TB on even though I've swapped the DL to a Yeti and am about to swap the Synergy tie rod to a Yeti.

The Synergy TB seems to be on the only one (if one of the few) that clears everything once the modding and re-modding starts. The only other one that I've never heard any issues with is the Metalcloak among the more common/reputable brands.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-17-2018, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
That is the main reason why I decided to keep my Synergy front TB on even though I've swapped the DL to a Yeti and am about to swap the Synergy tie rod to a Yeti.

The Synergy TB seems to be on the only one (if one of the few) that clears everything once the modding and re-modding starts. The only other one that I've never heard any issues with is the Metalcloak among the more common/reputable brands.
i will simply add that the Superlift ( I know; no one expected that brand reference) adj front trackbar is doable for street use & will clear but the last 2Ē of compression stroke can make contact . I ran it for a week when I had to build my Synergy Trackbar up w the newer DDB bushing frameside and an FK heim axleside . Itís cheap and strong but also not as advanced of a design as is the Synergy w/ itís critical frwrd bend . Itís ( the Superlift TB) not as bad as the TeraFlex monstrosity trackbar , fwiw. I wouldnít have been able to go offroad with it but for daily driving itíd probably clear that big bore if your bump stops are appropriate. It cleared my PSC gearbox amply enough for me to street drive around for that week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-17-2018, 06:38 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post

The Synergy TB seems to be on the only one (if one of the few) that clears everything once the modding and re-modding starts. The only other one that I've never heard any issues with is the Metalcloak among the more common/reputable
brands.
You have seen the Metalcloak TB have this same clearance issues with the XD box? Any pictures?

08 Jk Unlimited Rubicon

Link to build page-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-17-2018, 06:45 PM
DJ1
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08JKUR33 View Post
You have seen the Metalcloak TB have this same clearance issues with the XD box? Any pictures?
"....that I've never heard any issues with..."
post #9 of 9 Old 09-18-2018, 09:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Rock Krawler's new style track bar (RK02024B) was designed with this box in mind and fits perfectly.
Texas_Jester likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode