Synergy MFG Control Arms? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-09-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Synergy MFG Control Arms?

Okay, so I run basically a Stage 2 Synergy MFG 3" kit on my JKU. The have everything except for the F&R Lower control arms that come with the stage 2 kit.

My question is, should I order the front and rear lower fixed length Synergy control arms to complete the kit how Synergy designed?

OR, should I order the Fixed length front and not worry about the rears?

OR, should I go for the rear uppers and front lowers even though I am not and will not run a rear Double-Cardan aftermarket DS? (Do i really need to be worried about rear pinion angle with only 3" of lift on a 4 door)

Here is a link to the Stage 2 kit,
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-j...tegory_id=4055

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Rock God

I personally would just do the front lowers. I have put about 60,000 miles on stock rear driveshaft with 2.5-3.5 of lift and no issues.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Granite Guru

Running 3” of life in the rear and stock driveline. 125k miles and no issues . The last 25k i did install rear fixed synergy lowers and adjustable uppers fwiw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLarry View Post
Running 3” of life in the rear and stock driveline. 125k miles and no issues . The last 25k i did install rear fixed synergy lowers and adjustable uppers fwiw
Good to know.

I might just go ahead and go with the fixed lowers front and rear and then order the adjustable rear uppers if I need it later on.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
post #5 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
I personally would just do the front lowers. I have put about 60,000 miles on stock rear driveshaft with 2.5-3.5 of lift and no issues.
Yeah I was running a 2.5" kit earlier, have about 55k on the jeep. I think it should last a while.

post #6 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletJKU View Post
Quote:
Good to know.

I might just go ahead and go with the fixed lowers front and rear and then order the adjustable rear uppers if I need it later on.
If you order the fixed lowers for the rear you will need the rear adjustable uppers. The rear fixed lowers are 1/2” longer than stock. You will need longer uppers to compensate and fine tune pinion. I specifically ran the longer rear lowers to push the axle back a bit so I can run 2” bump stops instead o 3”. Either just go with fixed lowers up front or fixed lowers up front and both sets in the rear
post #7 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Rock God

I have to say having adjustable upper and lower is nice , you can push back the rear a bit and tune the pinion. I have new spring perches that have been rotated and moved back so my springs sit straight up now .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #8 of 12 Old 09-10-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
If you order the fixed lowers for the rear you will need the rear adjustable uppers. The rear fixed lowers are 1/2” longer than stock. You will need longer uppers to compensate and fine tune pinion. I specifically ran the longer rear lowers to push the axle back a bit so I can run 2” bump stops instead o 3”. Either just go with fixed lowers up front or fixed lowers up front and both sets in the rear
I was thinking that too, but if that is the case, then why does Synergy sell the Stage 2 kit with only the F&R fixed lowers?

Synergy, in the fixed lower rear CA installation manual says that it's okay to run just the fixed rear lowers,

"These arms are ˝” longer than stock. This length works well when using the
stock length upper control arms and for longer upper control arms when using a
CV style rear drive line and 3-4.5" of lift. If using a CV style rear drive line and
you need the pinion pointed up towards the output on the t-case"

idk...
post #9 of 12 Old 09-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletJKU View Post
Quote:
I was thinking that too, but if that is the case, then why does Synergy sell the Stage 2 kit with only the F&R fixed lowers?

Synergy, in the fixed lower rear CA installation manual says that it's okay to run just the fixed rear lowers,

"These arms are ˝” longer than stock. This length works well when using the
stock length upper control arms and for longer upper control arms when using a
CV style rear drive line and 3-4.5" of lift. If using a CV style rear drive line and
you need the pinion pointed up towards the output on the t-case"

idk...
That’s a great question I would call them about that. Me personally I wouldnt want my pinion pointing to far down even when running I a cv style joint.....which I am btw. I’m still on the original rear driveshaft. The more down that pinion is pointing the more likely you’ll tear that boot when the suspension droops. I truely believe if the cv driveline is aligned properly just like a doh ow cardon needs to be aligned you will get more life out of it. I aligned it the same way you would align a double cardon shaft with the pinion 2 degrees less than the driveshaft.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-11-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
That’s a great question I would call them about that. Me personally I wouldnt want my pinion pointing to far down even when running I a cv style joint.....which I am btw. I’m still on the original rear driveshaft. The more down that pinion is pointing the more likely you’ll tear that boot when the suspension droops. I truely believe if the cv driveline is aligned properly just like a doh ow cardon needs to be aligned you will get more life out of it. I aligned it the same way you would align a double cardon shaft with the pinion 2 degrees less than the driveshaft.
Yeah I emailed Dave about it. I'll post back when he replies.

post #11 of 12 Old 09-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Random Dude

I did front lowers and rear uppers when I first lifted.

Ran for years like that until I did my rear stretch fookery.

I have no idea why one would do rear lowers only

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #12 of 12 Old 09-11-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
I did front lowers and rear uppers when I first lifted.

Ran for years like that until I did my rear stretch fookery.

I have no idea why one would do rear lowers only
Yeah I called Dave and he clarified. I already have a set of Teraflex Front adj LCAs, but they're toast. I think I will go with the Synergy adjustable front lowers and adjustable rear uppers for now. Then maybe purchase a fixed rear lower set to help center/push out the rear axle a bit when I go with 37s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode