Does Track Bar Hit Pitman Arm when Full Passenger Full Compression in OEM Config? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rb6700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-05-2018, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Does Track Bar Hit Pitman Arm when Full Passenger Full Compression in OEM Config?

Right now my front track bar is 1.75" raised at axle and 1.25" dropped at frame. I was about to start changing this to 3" raised at axle and OEM at frame. But I did a quick clearance check before starting and it doesn't work at the pitman arm.

Here you can see where I can't even fit a finger between the OEM track bar, and OEM pitman arm with a steering gear box that has not been relocated. But I'm 1.25" dropped at the frame on the track bar bracket... so then if you take a stock JK and land a jump with the steering full passenger fully bottoming out the front end does the track bar actually hit the pitman arm? Or am I missing something here...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I run the Synergy front track bar bracket with a DL flip. It raises my track bar mounting point by 3" on the axle side. No clearance issues, running a stock track bar and stock pitman arm.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
post #3 of 10 Old 09-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Granite Guru

What size lift do you have and what's the hight of your bump stops?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-05-2018, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletJKU View Post
I run the Synergy front track bar bracket with a DL flip. It raises my track bar mounting point by 3" on the axle side. No clearance issues, running a stock track bar and stock pitman arm.
Have you ever actually checked at true full compression at full passenger steering? The vast majority of people with lifted Jeeps have never checked any of this. I can't believe that can clear unless you have 4-5"+ bump stop extension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post

I honestly have no idea in reality as I've cut everything stock off the axles related to bump stops or spring perches and have no way to measure bump-stop extension or lift but to the best of my estimates I'm at a 4" lift with 1.75" effective bump stop extension.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

now, read this info w/ the understanding that I have no frnt trackbar bracket at frame-side being dropped experience ...

when my Ď11 Unlimited- running stock frameside & stock axleside (Artec) bracketís with everything Synergy Mfg offers for that whole region of the Jeep - has the wheels locked pssgr , Iíve watched the subtle movement of the pitman related to the trackbar( OEM, Superlift or Synergy ) actually ďopenĒ as the draglink/tierod closes-in. Itís as if the gap your finger is between becomes slightly greater tho only by a bit.

I must also profess to never having caught air w wheels turned to either side but I know Iíve bottomed out to the jouncecup with them turned while steeply descending slippery wet rocks and it has not contacted my pitman. It did ever so slightly w the Superlift adj TB but thatís because its diff clearance bend isnít as well matched to the steering box brace and pitman bracket reenforcement from Synergy , if that makes sense.

The sggtn above on testing this w/out coils or shocks is necessary tho would be tough to mimic the force or location which being airborne w your wheels turned would require .

Are you secretly planning to attempt Evilís Snake River Canyon jump , but in a JK?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 05:07 AM
JKO Addict!

With factory shocks on the OEM suspension the track bar will not hit the pitman arm.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
With factory shocks on the OEM suspension the track bar will not hit the pitman arm.
Any guess where the discrepancy might be? With a 1.75" axle raise and something like 1.75" effective bump stop extension, the axle track bar mount hole travels to about the same height as stock (not that it much matters as the pitman arm is mostly on the frame side of the track bar). Basically everything that matters is stock except the track bar is dropped 1.25" at the frame and it doesn't fit if I were to undo that...
post #8 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensent View Post
Have you ever actually checked at true full compression at full passenger steering? The vast majority of people with lifted Jeeps have never checked any of this. I can't believe that can clear unless you have 4-5"+ bump stop extension...

I honestly have no idea in reality as I've cut everything stock off the axles related to bump stops or spring perches and have no way to measure bump-stop extension or lift but to the best of my estimates I'm at a 4" lift with 1.75" effective bump stop extension.
Yes I have checked it. Obviously you need at least a 3" bumpstop extension for the bracket to work, thats a well known fact with these brackets.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
post #9 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post

Running a Synergy 3" lift with 3" bump stop extensions.

post #10 of 10 Old 09-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Granite Guru

Let's see a pic at ride height of the steering set up.

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode