Fox DSC - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-04-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Fox DSC

Who has them and what settings are you using?
I just picked up a set of 2.5s for an unbelievable price and I am looking for some insight.
As always thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Nobody has this set up ?

post #3 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 07:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Insight on what? Install, tuning, valving, coil set up? What were they set up for and how did you get such deal on them? Coil rates, travel, valving. IF you bought a set set up for a 3/4 ton truck or buggy you didn't get a deal as it will be totally wrong for a jeep.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Insight on what? Install, tuning, valving, coil set up? What were they set up for and how did you get such deal on them? Coil rates, travel, valving. IF you bought a set set up for a 3/4 ton truck or buggy you didn't get a deal as it will be totally wrong for a jeep.
Well Dirtman , if I bought a set for a 3/4 ton truck it wouldn't be on here. Yes I got a smoking deal on 4 fox 2.5 DSC shocks for a JK . 2.5 to 4in lift and was wondering if anyone had them and had any input on how to set them.
How I came across them ? Guy had them on a Jeep that got totaled and He no longer owns a jeep.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

You would be surprised on what people will buy for a deal and try to make work which most of the time they end up spending way more then new.

You would set these up just like any other coil over shock. Find your sprung weight on each corner, determine your desired ride height and up down ratio. This will determine your coil rates and your angles. Then figure out how you are going to mount the 2.5" coil overs on your set up. The two knobs up top really don't have anything to do with set up and give you a limited amount of adjustment for personal preference on a generic valve pack.

Some build info here:

post #6 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
You would be surprised on what people will buy for a deal and try to make work which most of the time they end up spending way more then new.

You would set these up just like any other coil over shock. Find your sprung weight on each corner, determine your desired ride height and up down ratio. This will determine your coil rates and your angles. Then figure out how you are going to mount the 2.5" coil overs on your set up. The two knobs up top really don't have anything to do with set up and give you a limited amount of adjustment for personal preference on a generic valve pack.
Thier not cos man just the shock .

post #7 of 7 Old 09-09-2018, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Just a regular shock with dual compression adjusters. Just put them on and play with the setting until you like the ride. The roads, coils, trails, and weight all affect the ride and the knobs will give you a small bit of tuning on the compression side. IF you like a soft ride turn them down, if you want to keep from bottoming out increase the compression. Accutune has a good tech page on these adjusters and how they work.
How Fox DSC Dual Speed Compression Adjusters Work - With DATA

Some build info here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode