Goodbye, JKO! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 08-09-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thumbs up Goodbye, JKO!

ended up trading my JKU (yes, trading) for my friends YJ. My plans for what i want to do with a jeep are too difficult with a JKU, especially the wheelbase. the JK was my first jeep and i learned a lot, met a lot of new friends, and opened a lot of doors for me.

my decision to get rid of it was last minute when i realized this would be my last chance to get rid of it before making any drastic changes. Luckily, a good buddy of mine is having a kid and it seemed like it was a good idea to make the swap.

prior to the trade, this thing didnt see the highway for about a year or so.

the YJ. I've already started taking it apart. Came with a lot of good parts and its well built. a bit silly of me to take apart a already decently built jeep, but oh wells.

plan for it so far is 40s on tons, linked and 107"-110" wheelbase, not sure on the wheelbase yet.

im sure i'll stop in every now and then

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Good luck with the new beast, see you on pirate.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 08-09-2018, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Enjoy the new toy. It seems everyone takes their TJ/YJ/JK and stretches it to damn near 4dr JK wheel base. The difference between 110" and 116" is the width of your hand.

Get a build thread going on Pirate.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 08-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Random Dude

Congratulations on your new toy!

Huck a link in this thread to your build on Pirate when it's up.

Oh, and . . .

Attached Images

chknkatsu likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #5 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Enjoy the new toy. It seems everyone takes their TJ/YJ/JK and stretches it to damn near 4dr JK wheel base. The difference between 110" and 116" is the width of your hand.

Get a build thread going on Pirate.
main thing is. with a JKU and 40s you may need to move the rear axle even further back. so now your 116" is 118"? JKUs with 35s are already a bit tight to the body. also, that 6" of wheelbase makes a huge difference

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #6 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknkatsu View Post
ended up trading my JKU (yes, trading) for my friends YJ. My plans for what i want to do with a jeep are too difficult with a JKU, especially the wheelbase. the JK was my first jeep and i learned a lot, met a lot of new friends, and opened a lot of doors for me.

my decision to get rid of it was last minute when i realized this would be my last chance to get rid of it before making any drastic changes. Luckily, a good buddy of mine is having a kid and it seemed like it was a good idea to make the swap.

the YJ. I've already started taking it apart. Came with a lot of good parts and its well built. a bit silly of me to take apart a already decently built jeep, but oh wells.

plan for it so far is 40s on tons, linked and 107"-110" wheelbase, not sure on the wheelbase yet.

Just swappin Jeeps doesn’t require that you bail on jko; you’ve kinda ingrained yourself into this lil disfunctional batch of goobs so it’d suck to lose you permanently, man.

You played it wrong ( but wallet wise ; absolutely correct) ya know; the REALLY masochistic of us get the YJ and the XJ whilst keeping the JKU.

((Just postin the image reminds me ive got so , $o much work to do on that thing. My parents have it up in the mountains, drive it maybe once a month. I gotta go up to north Georgia to work on her & thisyear that hasn’t happened)

Don’t be a stranger & at least point us to the build thread on pirate , ok?

Oh, what size is that trailer your jku is on in your first pict, 20’ by 7’ ? Thnks.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-10-2018 at 04:37 AM.
post #7 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

Just swappin Jeeps doesn’t require that you bail on jko; you’ve kinda ingrained yourself into this lil disfunctional batch of goobs so it’d suck to lose you permanently, man.

You played it wrong ( but wallet wise ; absolutely correct) ya know; the REALLY masochistic of us get the YJ and the XJ whilst keeping the JKU.

((Just postin the image reminds me ive got so , $o much work to do on that thing. My parents have it up in the mountains, drive it maybe once a month. I gotta go up to north Georgia to work on her & thisyear that hasn’t happened)

Don’t be a stranger & at least point us to the build thread on pirate , ok?

Oh, what size is that trailer your jku is on in your first pict, 20’ by 7’ ? Thnks.

will post a thread once its on jack stands lol.

yes its a 20' x 7'. may just be shy of 7' by an inch or so.

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #8 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
will post a thread once its on jack stands lol.

yes its a 20' x 7'. may just be shy of 7' by an inch or so.

’preciate it, dude.
Don’t be a stranger. We need content so , hell; post your YJ build here, too.

L8r

post #9 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

You could have washed it 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #10 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
main thing is. with a JKU and 40s you may need to move the rear axle even further back. so now your 116" is 118"? JKUs with 35s are already a bit tight to the body. also, that 6" of wheelbase makes a huge difference

45's can fit on 3.5" lift with only moving the axle back 1.5"

You got to want it though.

Kevin
post #11 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
45's can fit on 3.5" lift with only moving the axle back 1.5"

You got to want it though.
funny thing is, i was considering cutting up the rear half of the JK to do tons and shorten the wheelbase. i've always resented the wheelbase once i really started wheeling, it's handicapped me in many situations.

then as i thought about things i'd want to do in the future, i realized how expensive and difficult it would potentially be. its too difficult of a platform with too many electronics, too difficult for me to want to deal with at least.

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #12 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

little peak of what i did so far. will have a thread going on pirate once the full tear down starts

clocking the atlas to raise the drivetrain higher for clearance for a 4 link crossmember. Two or three of the studs were being stubborn so i had to weld a nut on to crank it out

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #13 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

"i've always resented the wheelbase once i really started wheeling, it's handicapped me in many situations...."

Hrmpf.
I smellz zee teeny bitta exaggeration, maybe on this? no?

pray-tell, how does that extra 10-11" of wb handicap me ..

sheez.
here you go , b4 you go, leavin statements like that about the 4door you were so nicely served by....should be ashamed to talk about it like that....specially after it is probably sad like...

re: wheelbase of unlimited jk versus the stretched 2door you'll have ( which is limitless, I know but humor me) , I would rather have the length & not need it than need it & not have it. I will drag the bottom on skid all day, if I have to. I suppose on hairpins on side of mnt or somethin, ok. I guess.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-10-2018 at 01:44 PM.
post #14 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
little peak of what i did so far. will have a thread going on pirate once the full tear down starts

clocking the atlas to raise the drivetrain higher for clearance for a 4 link crossmember. Two or three of the studs were being stubborn so i had to weld a nut on to crank it out

you already have ta build on pirate? I think you should post this here, fwiw. I wanna see this
; just do it in engine swap ...with Jeep model incl..

chknkatsu likes this.

post #15 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
"i've always resented the wheelbase once i really started wheeling, it's handicapped me in many situations...."

Hrmpf.
I smellz zee teeny bitta exaggeration, maybe on this? no?

pray-tell, how does that extra 10-11" of wb handicap me ..

sheez.
here you go , b4 you go, leavin statements like that about the 4door you were so nicely served by....should be ashamed to talk about it like that....specially after it is probably sad like...

hahaha, i'll be honest, many times i wished i bought a 2 door. every time i'd get high centered, i'd think "uhg, not this shit again"

that being said, the JKU has taken everything like a champ without ever breaking, and i've put it through some pretty rough situations with no regards for the jeeps well being

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #16 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:

Hrmpf.

re: wheelbase of unlimited jk versus the stretched 2door you'll have ( which is limitless, I know but humor me) , I would rather have the length & not need it than need it & not have it. I will drag the bottom on skid all day, if I have to. I suppose on hairpins on side of mnt or somethin, ok. I guess.
i think at 107-110 it's the perfect middle ground. still have the stability and still have decent breakover angle, especially on 38"-40" tires. I cant hate on the stability the JKU had, especially with no doors and back seats i was extremely confident with it on sketchy angles

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #17 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
i think at 107-110 it's the perfect middle ground. still have the stability and still have decent breakover angle, especially on 38"-40" tires. I cant hate on the stability the JKU had, especially with no doors and back seats i was extremely confident with it on sketchy angles
i've heard guy rave about 110" wheelbase; I would not miss teeth and jaw cracking drops or high-center smacks against the crossmember, to be sure. hurts thinkin about it. I want my 2door YJ setup stretched like that but that is a longtime off at thins point.

yeah, JKs are tough even stock.Heck, all Jeeps are.

post #18 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep...hopefully.html

just started the thread if anyone wants to follow
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #19 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Rock God

What if...
JKO dissolved and Pirate just absorbed us in. Since we are the old Jeep now, only makes sense. Most people are doing hardcore shit on the JK platform now and not just minor build (myself excluded since I'm a pussy).

Hell if you go into Pirate and click JK you get JKO.

This has nothing to do with your build thread. Just drinking and thinking, which never works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #20 of 26 Old 08-10-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
What if...
JKO dissolved and Pirate just absorbed us in. Since we are the old Jeep now, only makes sense. Most people are doing hardcore shit on the JK platform now and not just minor build (myself excluded since I'm a pussy).

Hell if you go into Pirate and click JK you get JKO.

This has nothing to do with your build thread. Just drinking and thinking, which never works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i always thought JKO kinda sorta was part of pirate? jkforum was where all the qu33rs went

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #21 of 26 Old 08-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
i always thought JKO kinda sorta was part of pirate? jkforum was where all the qu33rs went

Is that the same as gayoflife? Wayoflite? EddieOlife?
:eyeroll:

I believe ( I may b rong)lance was an early or founding member of Pirate4x4 then started jkowners as a spin-off once he was modifying his jku? Asfaras the nature of jko to p4x4 ...plz , correct me if I’m wrong or even crazy, somebody....

maybe he will answer himself

@Lance , got a min to remark on how all this site works orcwas conceived & what’s the relation between Pirate4x4 and jko , for us ‘newer’ members....

post #22 of 26 Old 11-29-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

just dropping by for a quick update for those that asked

unfortunately i lost a lot of recent pictures due to my phone being a POS

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #23 of 26 Old 04-22-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

hey guys! figured i'd pop my head in here because some of my old fellow JK owners wanted to see where im at with no project. the project went beyond what i intended, but im happy it did.

just waiting on a few things like an ARB line, limit strap, and oil pan skid

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #24 of 26 Old 04-22-2019, 04:13 PM

great work
post #25 of 26 Old 04-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

wtf did I rereply to this comment for?

mistake by mod....:eyeroll:

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 04-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode