Maxxis Raar Mt's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By UnlimiDozer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-23-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Maxxis Raar Mt's

Well a few of you guys have been asking for a review on these Maxxis Razr Mt's so here goes.

I was looking for a new set of rubbers and came across the Maxxis Razr Mt. I was familiar with their Treps and Creppy crawlers but those compounds weren't viable for a daily driver. The Razr mt's are 10 ply E rated and measured out to 36.8" mounted on 17x9 ATX Slabs brand new.

I four wheel in TN and recently just came back from a trip to Colorado and Moab. after 8,000 total miles I am impressed to say the least.

These rubbers have plenty of bit in TN rocks&Mud and clean out fast. Out West they seemed to stick to most of the rock, especially in moab. If road noise is an issue (don't get any mt for that matter) for having such square lugs I thought id be entertained by the howling sounds of wolves we've all grown used to herring with mts. But ill be a monkeys uncle if these aren't some of the quieter mts on the market. (you know the kind you can still hold a conversation with your wife, windows up or down) Not a humming sound but more of a low drone.

I run any where from 30-32 psi on the road (they ride great and balanced easily)
8-12 psi on the trail

Ill drop some pics of the tires

-Nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-23-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Attached Images

-Nomad
post #3 of 6 Old 07-23-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

8psi
Attached Images

-Nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-23-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

no doors are more betterer
Attached Images

-Nomad
post #5 of 6 Old 07-23-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

after Moab I'm convinced just about any tire can get traction but here ya go
Attached Images

-Nomad
post #6 of 6 Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNomad&Chad View Post
. . . ill be a monkeys uncle if these aren't some of the quieter mts on the market. (you know the kind you can still hold a conversation with your wife, windows up or down)
Put a set of these on last week in 37x12.50R17. All I can say is, DAY-um!! Freakishly quiet and smooth, after much too long on my worn out, impossible-to-balance MTR Kevlars. I’ve had two sets of those now, and I’ll never have another. They were good off-road, and I never had a puncture, tear, cut, or flat of any kind. But both sets became very rough riding, and impossible to balance at about half of their tread life. These RAZRs have made my jeep fun to drive again! Can’t wait to see what they’ll do on the rocks.
TheNomad&Chad likes this.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode