Higher Clearance Rear LCA Brackets - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-19-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Higher Clearance Rear LCA Brackets

I've started on JK #3, which is a 2007 X...

On my 2012 JKU I ran the EVO rear LCA skids, which cut about 1.75" off the bottom of the brackets and moved the shock mounts up about the same amount. A buddy runs the Synergy which do the same thing.

I'm swapping the rear axle (the reason I bought it is because it had a blown D35 and the guy didn't want to mess with it) so while the axle is out, I'm thinking about moving the stock shock mounts upward and cutting off the lower 1.75" like the EVO and SYN kits do... then welding on some plate as a skid.

Has anyone else done this?

I know the parts are only about $200, but I've been getting into a bit more "building" these days than I used to do and think it would be a fun little project for my oldest son and me to put some actual work into it instead of always doing the bolt-on thing.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 PM
JKowners Vendor

Im sure it has been done that way before. We currently have a custom long arm job in process. Did you have a specific question?

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
Im sure it has been done that way before. We currently have a custom long arm job in process. Did you have a specific question?

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
More just curious whether anyone has actually done it and if they have pics. I’m confident I can pull it off; just wouldn’t hurt to have a point of reference.

Thanks for responding!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2018, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

I am running the evo rock star LCA brackets/skids with the synergy upper shock relocation brackets. Shocks are OME LTs.

FWIW, metal cloak CAs are in the mix and 4" evo plush ride coils. Works great.

edit: and 3" bump stops all around. I like the OME LT shocks. They are not gas charged.

never mind. I misread and thought that you wanted to relocate the tops too.

Last edited by White13JKUR; 06-20-2018 at 09:43 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2018, 10:59 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post
More just curious whether anyone has actually done it and if they have pics. I知 confident I can pull it off; just wouldn稚 hurt to have a point of reference.

Thanks for responding!
Well if you're going to be cutting off the mounts and moving them, then really the only limit is your skill and imagination. Here's a shock mount, CA brackets and bumpstop set up we're working on right now. It's a RockJock 60 going under a TJ using a Genright DIY suspension kit.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Attached Images

post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
I am running the evo rock star LCA brackets/skids with the synergy upper shock relocation brackets. Shocks are OME LTs.

FWIW, metal cloak CAs are in the mix and 4" evo plush ride coils. Works great.

edit: and 3" bump stops all around. I like the OME LT shocks. They are not gas charged.

never mind. I misread and thought that you wanted to relocate the tops too.
Uppers will be moved with the Synergy brackets later on; just trying to knock out the lowers since the new axle is still completely out of the Jeep right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post

Well if you're going to be cutting off the mounts and moving them, then really the only limit is your skill and imagination. Here's a shock mount, CA brackets and bumpstop set up we're working on right now. It's a RockJock 60 going under a TJ using a Genright DIY suspension kit.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Very nice work, as expected from you guys. Thanks for the references. I’ve been on vacation since Saturday, so I’m going crazy thinking of all the little shit I want to get done as soon as I’m back home. I’m getting home tomorrow then the shop is sending me to Truck/Jeep Fest in Houston Friday, so I’ll only have a small time to work on it before leaving again, but hopefully soon I can update the thread with some actual pictures of the work.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Very nice work, as expected from you guys. Thanks for the references. I致e been on vacation since Saturday, so I知 going crazy thinking of all the little shit I want to get done as soon as I知 back home. I知 getting home tomorrow then the shop is sending me to Truck/Jeep Fest in Houston Friday, so I値l only have a small time to work on it before leaving again, but hopefully soon I can update the thread with some actual pictures of the work.
We appreciate it! Have fun in Texas! We look forward to seeing how your new set-up turns out!

-Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode