Looking for some assistance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Looking for some assistance

Hey guys,

As few of you fellas might know me from my thread .https://www.jkowners.com/forum/trail-...ml#post4419402.
The reason that I'm posting here is, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Teraflex full float hub kits and while I wouldn't consider the fronts to be an issue to fit all " Roadkill " style ( Walmart parking lot), the rears present a minor issue as they require a couple of plug welds into the housing.

Now, I'm more than happy to wrench on my junk in the gutter til the cows come home, but this welding issue has me in a kind of a bind.

Is there anyone with a hoist and a welder that could spare a few hours and I'll be happy to supply beers and pizza's?

I've asked a forum sponsor to get me a price and as he is in Texas, it would be sweet to get er done down there.

Now I've mulled over whether to post this or not as I don't want to come across as some arse that's looking for cheap help but there are pizzas involved. And beer, hell, full strength too boot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 06:34 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

What time frame are you looking at to get this done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm too far away to be of much actual help. But, I do know that there are mobile welding services almost everywhere. A quick google search for "mobile welding" plus whatever city you need might turn up a guy with a mobile welder willing to do it for a few bucks in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Obviously an extra set of hands, a lift, plus pizza and beer would be the preferred way. I hope you find someone. Either way, enjoy your time in the US. Someday I'd like to do a similar trip to Australia.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 11:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Aren't you starting out on the east coast?

Kevin
post #5 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What time frame are you looking at to get this done?
Hey Gunny,
If I get my shit together, I could purchase the kit and have it delivered to the shippers where I'll be picking up the Jeep. The idea to keep it loaded in the Jeep until I find a appropriate time to fit it, could be a plan.
New Orleans is the destination for the 4th of July, but if it gets too hectic, I'll be heading west sooner. My plan is to be in North Cal on the 10th of July so I'll have some wriggle room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Aren't you starting out on the east coast?
Hey Kevin,
yes I am, my Jeep won't be landing until the 24th of June ( no earlier) so I'll have to get organised.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodjk View Post
My plan is to be in North Cal on the 10th of July so I'll have some wriggle room.
I'm sure if you make it to Norcal to wheel with our group (JKCon, Cutts Crew) in January I can get that handled for you. I'm getting everyone's Jeeps built and prepped for the run, but I'm sure we can fit it in.
But the 10th is cutting it close just in case there is an issue with parts or something. I'm heading up on the 11th.

Last edited by jason mac; 06-01-2018 at 10:05 PM.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
I'm too far away to be of much actual help. But, I do know that there are mobile welding services almost everywhere. A quick google search for "mobile welding" plus whatever city you need might turn up a guy with a mobile welder willing to do it for a few bucks in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Obviously an extra set of hands, a lift, plus pizza and beer would be the preferred way. I hope you find someone. Either way, enjoy your time in the US. Someday I'd like to do a similar trip to Australia.
Thank you for your reply, there's another option for me!

If you ever venture out this way, feel free to touch base with me.
post #8 of 20 Old 06-01-2018, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason mac View Post
I'm sure if you make it to Norcal to wheel with our group (JKCon, Cutts Crew) in January I can get that handled for you. I'm getting everyone's Jeeps built and prepped for the run, but I'm sure we can fit it in.
But the 10th is cutting it close just in case there is an issue with parts or something. I'm heading up on the 11th.
Mighty fine of you Jason!
If I can, I'll get this sorted in the Southern States and if that turns pear shaped, I'll be in touch. If that does occur, I'll be hitting Norcal earlier as I definitely won't be leaving it until the last moment. I can see how it could turn to shit and I'm not going to set myself up like that. Worst case scenario will see cartons stacked in the Jeep until after JKCON.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 12:50 AM

post #10 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Just to get you excited

https://youtu.be/TQTGta_Lgyk
It's this very video that has driven me forward on this trip. Once I saw the post by HOGGSTATUS that he was putting together this years trip, I knew come hell or high water, I needed to make it happen!
post #11 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 08:32 AM

Itís actually the Cutts Crew group that puts it together. Jeff just posts it up.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 10:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Hey Gunny,
If I get my shit together, I could purchase the kit and have it delivered to the shippers where I'll be picking up the Jeep. The idea to keep it loaded in the Jeep until I find a appropriate time to fit it, could be a plan.
New Orleans is the destination for the 4th of July, but if it gets too hectic, I'll be heading west sooner. My plan is to be in North Cal on the 10th of July so I'll have some wriggle room.

Hey Kevin,
yes I am, my Jeep won't be landing until the 24th of June ( no earlier) so I'll have to get organised.
4th of July hectic in New Orleans? The hell you say Someone taking a shit is enough reason for them to party. I take that back, I don't think the party has stopped since the 1800's.

I actually live about two hours from New Orleans and if you're heading west, I'm a 30min detour. I don't think I'll be home at that time, hope not, just starting a new job. But PM me when you're there, if I'm around we can get your goodies put on.

Kevin
post #13 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
4th of July hectic in New Orleans? The hell you say Someone taking a shit is enough reason for them to party. I take that back, I don't think the party has stopped since the 1800's.

I actually live about two hours from New Orleans and if you're heading west, I'm a 30min detour. I don't think I'll be home at that time, hope not, just starting a new job. But PM me when you're there, if I'm around we can get your goodies put on.

I know that I truly have no idea of how hectic it's going to be but you only live once!!
That date isn't set in stone anyway, I've heard a heap about the food and thought I must get down there to sample it. I might get there few days earlier and be out before the celebrations begin.

That's Mighty good of you to offer Kevin, we'll see how we go eh? And I might get to check out the tubular mosaic that you are putting together! Hell yeah!
post #14 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Rubicon trail

[quote=jason mac;4419753]Just to get you excited

What an awesome video!! I live in Tahoe and just bought my JK two months ago. Haven't been up there yet. In saying that, dumb question... how are these guys and girls able to remote lock the front hubs??
post #15 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 06:54 PM

When you shift into 4wd itís ready to go. No hubs to turn on and off on a stock JK axle
post #16 of 20 Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Itís actually the Cutts Crew group that puts it together. Jeff just posts it up.
In that case, a big thanks to the Cutts Crew!
post #17 of 20 Old 06-04-2018, 07:19 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Hey Gunny,

Hey Kevin,
Damm you have a tight schedule. I will be gone from the 4th through the 9th of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #18 of 20 Old 06-04-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Damm you have a tight schedule. I will be gone from the 4th through the 9th of July.
Yeah, If I've bitten off more than I can chew, looks like I'll be chewing like fuck!

Depending on how much I get stuffed around with the shipping line, I might head west earlier. The idea of tear arsing across the country does not appeal to me, one bit.
post #19 of 20 Old 06-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

[quote=monikaandkev;4419961]
Quote:
Just to get you excited

What an awesome video!! I live in Tahoe and just bought my JK two months ago. Haven't been up there yet. In saying that, dumb question... how are these guys and girls able to remote lock the front hubs??
Quote:
When you shift into 4wd itís ready to go. No hubs to turn on and off on a stock JK axle
@monikaandkev I think what you are questioning is the turning on and off of front lockers, not axle hubs. Any jeep with an Air or E-locker can turn off the lockers remotely (switch inside vehicle) but as @Jason mac said, there are no hubs to turn on and off in a stock JK.
post #20 of 20 Old 08-28-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Update to this thread.
ATM I’m sitting in a Burger King in downtown Deming New Mexico, on my jaunt across the country and throwing this out again.
I need to be in LA to drop Jeep and trailer off on Friday then head to the airport for the late PM flight back to the land of the right hook.

If anyone can assist me with this request, please call me on 704 218-1950. Any parts that come off are yours if you want them.
Pizza and beer, but you’ll have to spring for your own hookers....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode