ADD bumpers on JL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 05-14-2018, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

ADD bumpers on JL

2018 rubicon JL, came without the factory steel bumpers and the AUX switches. I added the factory 4 aux switches that fit in the factory hole next to the sway-bar button.

Baja Designs lights, I installed a 20'' high-power light bar in the bumper, one good feature is the 3rd wire that allows you to ground it to a momentary switch, 1 press reduces power by 50% and a 2nd press puts the light in strobe mode. The light is a super usable and easy on the eyes color. Very happy with the choice vs rigid.

Squadron Sport and Pro front lights, I bought the sport version for everyday fog light use, and the Pro version for backroads and night running, I used the matching pro version in the rear for back up lights. Extremely nice lights, very good quality brackets, build and harnesses. Moderately priced but well worth the cost.

Front bumper is an addictive desert design stealth winch bumper it is nice and fits extremely well. The build quality is top notch, but the finish work is horrible, you can tell it was sand blasted and then painted/powder-coated. There is patches that the blast media is trapped under, there is spots all over the bumper that did not get painted. Over all id give it 7/10 score. One of the downsides is, you will have to heavily modify the factory shield for the sway-bar disconnect. The instructions to install that you have to search for on-line that didn't come with the bumper, suggest cutting the mounts off at an angle. (still haven't made that decision). Im keeping this jeep long enough for the JT to come in and its a goner.

Rear bumper, 2/10. This thing is so poorly designed and a pain in the ass to install. It will be getting left on the jeep when I trade it in. If you have factory plastic bumpers you have to take them completely apart and scrape the factory sensor mounting points off, then trim them and epoxy them on to the new bumper. The ADD holes in the bumper are bolted with nuts and bolts and should have been done with nut certs so you can take them off if you need access. The license plate bracket has to be installed before the bumper goes on or you will be taking the bumper back off. The upper holes for the license plate are for the aftermarket license plate bullet LED lights. What they dont tell you is if you install them you have to either drill the holes on the license plate out to 1/2'' so they slide over the lights or you have to rewire them if you ever change plates. Again same as the front, the build quality is decent but the finish work is shit. I have spots where you can see how lite the paint was applied and the color shade difference. I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUMPER. For being close to the most expensive bumpers on the market they dropped the ball bad on this series.

photos

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Maybe I'm daft but is there any particular modified JK/JKU related tech within this post ?

I don't seem to find much of any use from the vantage point of a jkowner ; there's a dirty laundry section if ya wanna vent about the poorly bought , rushed to market bolt on JL crap in...

(all due respect...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

Maybe I'm daft but is there any particular modified JK/JKU related tech within this post ?

I don't seem to find much of any use from the vantage point of a jkowner ; there's a dirty laundry section if ya wanna vent about the poorly bought , rushed to market bolt on JL crap in...

(all due respect...)

just ahead of all of you guys switching to a JL, also thought you could use a review on the baja design lights

5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 05-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

So where's your Supercharged JK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #5 of 27 Old 05-14-2018, 03:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
just ahead of all of you guys switching to a JL, also thought you could use a review on the baja design lights
No, I believe the most of us don't give af about the JL. You gonna drop 150k on this one too?
post #6 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 05:46 AM
Granite Guru

Damn guys at least lube it up a little first. Maybe a little spit at least
post #7 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

hey, I’m the blabbermouth of blabbermouths and even I can go off on tangents unrelated to a given forum categories subject . But, this being in Modified JK Tech Dept is a stretch.

For venting about the ADD whatever, use the Dirty Laundry section. If you wanna talk about cutting the frame off your JKU , this is the place. But for JL mods , well, it is just not a fit.

@StubEXrube has far more important things occurring in his life at this moment but maybe once he is settled in with his new , “ old ball & chain he can inquire as-to havin us a Jeep JL thread option...

If we start filling modified jk with JL data, it’s gonna get mucked-up fast, imho

( not tryin to rake OP over coals but I ain’t switching over to any JL either, heh)

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 05-15-2018 at 06:07 AM.
post #8 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Rock God

Just out of curiosity, did you talk to ADD? They are usually stand up guys, and have a great rep in the Raptor world. I have an add front bumper on my JKU, and get nothing but compliments on it.
post #9 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lord have mercy hahahaha

Follow the link, no need for this here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Last edited by terrahawk; 05-15-2018 at 12:15 PM.
post #10 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Lord have mercy hahahaha
It's all going to happen again, isn't it.
terrahawk likes this.

Kevin
post #11 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 12:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Probably already has an LS7 sitting on the floor waiting to get chicken wired in like the last one.

post #12 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
when I think of what you speak of ,possibly occurring all-over again:

post #13 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Damn you guys are ice cold

post #14 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 03:27 PM
yes, I have asperger's

You should just use stacks of cash for a bumper.
Treader likes this.
post #15 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

post #16 of 27 Old 05-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Rock God

Shit I was looking for a pre-runner bumper for a possible F150 and ADD was the main thing that googled. LAWDY they are proud of their wares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #17 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
So where's your Supercharged JK?
I still want to know this...... got a feeling we may not get an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #18 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

@bluewave
You cannot be surprised by the responses to this thread, certainly,right?
I agree with @Cod ; could we at least get a tiny morsel of info on the JK we are all so familiar with? Ya kinda left us hanginí...

post #19 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Shit I was looking for a pre-runner bumper for a possible F150 and ADD was the main thing that googled. LAWDY they are proud of their wares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they do seem to think highly of their operations and products but itís been a while since I saw the site. iirc, stuff was not my style and seemed truck oriented but nothin wrong with options.

post #20 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I still want to know this...... got a feeling we may not get an answer.
Really?? When have I shyed away! Never! Anyways I had it back at Motech to get the fans/Wiring fixed on it. Iím about to go pick it up and itís going for sale. This JL is temp until I can order and pick up a JT with a diesel in it.

5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #21 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 AM
yes, I have asperger's

KOWBOY better get his checkbook ready
terrahawk and jvandy50 like this.
post #22 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 11:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post

I don't think his health could withstand another turd

post #23 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

@bluewave
You cannot be surprised by the responses to this thread, certainly,right?
I agree with @Cod ; could we at least get a tiny morsel of info on the JK we are all so familiar with? Ya kinda left us hanginí...

The Jk has done good, the only thing that hasnít been done is the cage. We took it to a Colorado wheeling trip where the psc steering clamp took a crap. Fixed it and the next day whatever triggers the fan relays went out. So I put a jumper wire in the relays and continued on.

I had the supercharger isolater changed out, did injectors, pulley and head work on it and had Pat G tune it. Made it run a hell of a lot better. It should be around 700 horses.

5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #24 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
I don't think his health could withstand another turd
And here I was just mindin' my own damn bid'ness ...

While I was home this past weekend, I done paid off Jesse for pimpin' out my lil' doors and paid Bob yet another installment to keep the progress goin'. So as of this exact moment in time, my checkbook's got precisely $848.81 in it and I don't get paid again 'til the first of the month. But even with that bein' said ... that's exactly 8 hun'erd bucks more than I'd ever pay for another fuckin' JK in my lifetime.

Therefore, I offer up $48.81 to buy the rig once all the bugs are worked out of it. At 1% simple int'rest, by the time that rig's dialed in, my offer will prob'ly be doubled in value.

My Trailer Queen don't ride on one ... it pulls one.
post #25 of 27 Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
The Jk has done good, the only thing that hasnít been done is the cage. We took it to a Colorado wheeling trip where the psc steering clamp took a crap. Fixed it and the next day whatever triggers the fan relays went out. So I put a jumper wire in the relays and continued on.

I had the supercharger isolater changed out, did injectors, pulley and head work on it and had Pat G tune it. Made it run a hell of a lot better. It should be around 700 horses.
thanks for update. Yeah, the cage was the sore point, I know.
At least you can take some ball-bustin which is alright in my book.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode