New line x ultra exterior paint - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ExWrench
  • 1 Post By HITMONEY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New line x ultra exterior paint

Does anybody have any experience with this? I’m thinking about having the entire body sprayed with this product. It’s not as bumpy as the previous coating and not as heavy and it stands up to UV exposure. The texture is similar to a fine texture powder coat. Just wondering how durable it is and if it’s a good or bad idea. I just like the idea of not worrying about scratching it up on trails with trees and heavy Brush especially since the Jeep is currently black, it’s shows everything and and the only way to hide the striping is to constantly wax it. Let me know if you have any experience with this product. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

The only person I can think of that would give you an honest opinion is Hitmoney, Admin here was a lot more active but family life etc.

He owns / operates Red Desert Offroad and has the Line-X franchise out there,

https://www.reddesertoffroad.com/

I would suggest giving him a call, tell him your a JKO member he may or may not give two shits who knows but he'll give you an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 12:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've been thinking about the Ultra too, for the inside of my tub. I also want it colored, dark grey or something, no way I want it black.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Wheeler

I have been thinking about coating my aluminum fenders with the Line-X Ultra, color matched to the body. I was quoted $650 to prime and Line-X them by a local dealer. Think that is a fair price? Seemed steep to me but I have never had anything like that done before, so what do I know?
post #5 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah that seems reasonable to me. To do my entire Jeep with bumpers fenders etc it’s around 5k-6k
post #6 of 12 Old 05-15-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I just don’t know if I’m gonna be happy with the entire Jeep coated? It’s a big decision and I can’t go back once it’s done
post #7 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper52 View Post
I just donít know if Iím gonna be happy with the entire Jeep coated? Itís a big decision and I canít go back once itís done
Saw one over the weekend that was hideous but I did really like the color

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #8 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I actually like the color. I think it’s the fenders/grill ext that makes it look hideous
post #9 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Saw one over the weekend that was hideous but I did really like the color

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
. . . some idiot paid to hang that Mr. Potato Head, Gay Road Warrior Edition crap on their Jeep

I'll admit I don't know more than a couple gender pronouns but I'm guessing that thing self-identifies as a butt plug

- Cool color though
LeonJk likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #10 of 12 Old 05-17-2018, 02:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
. . . some idiot paid to hang that Mr. Potato Head, Gay Road Warrior Edition crap on their Jeep

I'll admit I don't know more than a couple gender pronouns but I'm guessing that thing self-identifies as a butt plug

- Cool color though
The sign in the back ground might explain it.

Kevin
post #11 of 12 Old 05-17-2018, 04:11 AM
Rock God

TNT Customs is now a Line-X franchise and Bob sprayed the interior of my tub with the Ultra. I'm real happy with it for the inside but ain't gonna spray the whole jeep 'cause I'm needin' some exterior shine to meet my project goals.

Bob sprayed his whole fuckin' MegaCab overlandin' truck tho. It's grey and looks cool. Gotta be pics of it somewheres on the world wide web.

Spray damn near any color ya want but it's gonna be a dull finish. If'n the lack of shine don't bother ya, I'd say it's a pretty good option.

My Trailer Queen don't ride on one ... it pulls one.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

Ultra is pretty bad ass.. We started shooting it last November. It is perfectly suited for exterior "Body Armour" sprays as it is a thin build material.. 15-20mils instead of regular thick build LINE-X which we dont spray any thinner than 40mils but mostly falls inbetween 60 and 120 mils. (120 mils on your truck bed)

Anyone is free to call me with any questions at the shop 435.627.6888

But please... no sexy talk.. Im not comfortable with that shit from you guys anymore.
Donut707 likes this.

įlllllį

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode