Need Help, JKU Brakes and Upgraded MC + Booster with my UD60's
This is a bit long but I wanted to cover as many details as I could. I've bled brakes on many cars so this isn't new to me but obviously I'm not a mechanic by trade so I may be doing something wrong.
2015 JKUR, Auto. Just installed UD60's and installed Mopar booster and master cylinder plus new brake hoses for the UD60's. Bled using MightyVac, total PITA, but I bled at least 1/2 quart through each caliper. Brakes were still soft and the Brake light on the dash continuously flashes and dings every time I take off from a stop. I can hear a slight puff of air around the pedal when I press the brake, a second press does not do that.
Attempted to bleed with power bleeder but even at 20psi I couldn't get it to force fluid through the rear calipers even after 10 minutes of the bleeder being open, the fronts did some spitting and then started trickling slowly before eventually stopping. Manual bleeding seemed to be good, pedal would eventually go to the floor and then I would close the bleeder before the air bubble in the hose would get back to the bleeder (it never would fill the hose completely even though I had the end submersed in a half-full bottle of fluid.
Decided to "bench bleed" the master a second time without removing it from the Jeep. Ended up stripping the threads to one of the ports in the MC, had to replace MC. Started the process over again:
- Bench bleed new MC until no air bubbles, left bleeders and hose attached/submersed in the reservoir (no air gets back in this way)
- replaced the line to the HCU from the MC and installed the new MC
- power bleed still does nothing, even with pedal depressed half way
- manual bleeding forces a rush of fluid with no bubbles in it then slowly begins to suck it back in (pedal has sunk to the floor and is still pressed down)
- pedal is very firm with vehicle off, sinks when started
- still hearing a tiny puff of air on that first time I push the pedal so I checked the torque on the booster bolts and the MC -> booster bolts
- brake light still blinks when it is put into drive
What am I missing here? Did I get a bad booster from Mopar? Is there too much air in the HCU/ABS?