CAN Bus Hacking Sway Bar Disconnect - Page 3 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg.foley View Post
Hi,

well I'm to 99% sure thats the firmware is correct on the controller. If I connect it with the platin, the swaybay is blinking in the dash.

Dont know what I'm do wrong
Maybe it's blinking because the smrt bar is not connecting/disconnecting. Is the hack solely to allow use at all speeds/t-case states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 Old 05-15-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
Maybe it's blinking because the smrt bar is not connecting/disconnecting. Is the hack solely to allow use at all speeds/t-case states?
Yes the whole point here is to use it at all speeds and in 2WD.

The LED on the dash is fully functional. If it unlocks as requested doing 70 on the highway, the light still goes on solid, and at all speeds it will blink if it's trying to change state. When locked, the LED is off just like stock.

Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do to remotely help you get it working. If you post some pictures of it all wired up I might be able to spot an issue or at least suggest things to try. Beyond that you'd need to start debugging it from the software side of things which is really beyond the scope of what I can help with through the forum unless you have software development experience.
post #53 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 05:21 AM

Hi,

I'm thankfully for erveryhelp. I know its hard to do it from so far away.

The 12V Power wire goes on the free spot on the Patin an than to the swaybar. (its soldet, but not on this foto)
The black ground wire goes to the black wire on the platin an than to the swaybar.
The Canbus wire withe/blue goes to green wire which goes from CAN2-H to CAN1-H (Green wire, right site) and from CAN1-H to the swaybar.
The Canbus wire withe/black goes to the purple wire which goes from CAN2-L to CAN1-L, and from CAN1-L to the swaybar.

I also connected the Withe/blue to the purple and the withe/black to the green one.

Lg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Hi,

I'm thankfully for erveryhelp. I know its hard to do it from so far away.

The 12V Power wire goes on the free spot on the Patin an than to the swaybar. (its soldet, but not on this foto)
The black ground wire goes to the black wire on the platin an than to the swaybar.
The Canbus wire withe/blue goes to green wire which goes from CAN2-H to CAN1-H (Green wire, right site) and from CAN1-H to the swaybar.
The Canbus wire withe/black goes to the purple wire which goes from CAN2-L to CAN1-L, and from CAN1-L to the swaybar.

I also connected the Withe/blue to the purple and the withe/black to the green one.

Lg
I believe the swaybar should go on CAN2 and the Jeep on CAN1. Sounds like you might be backwards there.

Also after that change, I think you may need to populate a 60-120 ohm resistor (anything in that range should work) on R1.

It's been a while so not 100% sure on anything without digging into mine, but try that out.

Also, looks like you didn't put on the electrolytic capacitor, you might burn out the board from inrush voltage surges without it.
post #55 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 12:03 PM

Hi,

okay. I think you can be right. I will trie it tomorrow and report you.

So, hier is a picture. Wire goes from left to the right side (Swaybar). But, like you say its maybee wrong.

I'm not a electronic guy so my buddy build my this green thing. He told me why he dont solder on a electrolytic capacitor (if this thing is the smal black tower?) but I will give him your answer.

Thank you. I will write you tomorrow.

Lg
post #56 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I want more of this. These Jeeps are getting old enough & hardware / interfaces so open and available that three needs to be more computer pwning & less being pwned by the incredibly basic system & system. It's 'dainty' & delicate ,even at the assembly level , sensitive all thru but easily talked to. It just requires a better mapping of a really complex and parallel circuitry, I think.

Anyway, this thread is ,again, fantastic. Thanks for all of ot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 60 Old 05-19-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Lg

Unfortunately it does not work :-/

Anyone else an idea?
post #58 of 60 Old 05-20-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Unfortunately it does not work :-/

Anyone else an idea?
From where you're at now, I'd probably have to start going into diagnostics through the software. I'm not sure your software background, but if you can start a debugging session through the STLink and set a break point on any of the case statements in the main while(1) loop, that would tell you if your Jeep-side CAN system is working. When the key is on in the Jeep, it should break on at least one of those indicating connectivity with the Jeep.
post #59 of 60 Old 05-31-2019, 06:41 AM
Sac

Hi, i dont disconect the sway bar And i do not need It but i had to d*sconect the Smart bar because It get Crazy the car ( christmas instrument cluster, hotoil, chime, And the car Wont Start) so i keep It unpluged, but the sway bar light is flashing all time. How can i turn that Off?
post #60 of 60 Old 05-31-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac View Post
Hi, i dont disconect the sway bar And i do not need It but i had to d*sconect the Smart bar because It get Crazy the car ( christmas instrument cluster, hotoil, chime, And the car Wont Start) so i keep It unpluged, but the sway bar light is flashing all time. How can i turn that Off?
Either a piece of electrical tape over the light or I think an aev procal can do it but not 100% sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode