When to rebuild the ARB twin compressor? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

When to rebuild the ARB twin compressor?

Hey gang...

I have an ARB twin compressor mounted under the passenger seat using the Carolina Metal Masters bracket and it has been working flawlessly for many trail runs where I air up my 37s from 8psi to 32-34psi. And, FWIW, my carpeting is still in place.

The worst thing that has happened so far is that I blew out a Flexzilla hose right near the coupler that was at the pump side of the hose. The heat made it weak and I was only about a quarter of the way done filling up the last tire. I ran the trail alone that day. I made it to a local free air pump that is always on and available at the gas station at the entrance to Bear Valley, here in California. Someone there loves Jeepers. That was like an 8 mile or so mile drive from trail head with a very low right front tire. Flexzilla ended up sending me a new hose and then I bought a hose end repair kit that is always on board.

After all the use this pump has seen, I feel like I am ripe for a failure of some kind.

Has anyone's ARB twin failed? How long did you get out of it? What happened?

Has anyone just rebuilt theirs just because and to give you peace of mind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I haven’t heard of any failures on the twin, just people saying not to install it under the hood, because the heat will significantly shorten its life. Nor have I heard of anyone having to have their twin rebuilt.

Current vehicles:
2007 Sahara 2-Door
5.38 gears
Trussed, sleeved, gusseted Dana 44 front w/ factory Rubi locker and RCV shafts
Stock rear Rubi Dana 44 with Auburn Ected locker w/ 35 spline chromoly shafts
6 Speed
2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor System w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
17X9.5 Spyderlock Beadlocks
37X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
F&R AEV Bumpers w/ AEV rear tire carrier
JCR Stage 2 rock rails
Warn Zeon 10-S winch

2010 Jeep SRT8 w/ 440 stroker making 550 whp
post #3 of 5 Old 05-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Wheeler

A buddy of mine has had to rebuild it 2x and still had issues. He won't use ARB again but he is one of the few I've heard about

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

08 JK Rubicon 2 dr|2.5” Teraflex lift|Teraflex bumpers with tire carrier|ACE rock sliders| 35” GY MTR/K with 17” Procomp 7005|CAI|Magnaflow exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2018, 08:08 AM
Granite Guru

I do not have any insight on the the arb compressor, I would hope that with the price they cost that you should get a long service life out of it. I would recommend running a stainless leader hose off of the compressor to cut down on the heat making it to your hose (good choice on the flexzilla).
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Granite Guru

I had one of the very early ARB twin compressors and after about 1.5 years, it did no more build up pressure. When we called ARB, they immediately knew, what was the problem. They send me two new motors and the problem was solved. There was some mechanical problem in the early units, as far as I understood. Now it´s running fine.
I also have it under the passenger seat with a Carolina Metal Masters bracket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode