UD 60 Questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RiverCityOffroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UD 60 Questions

I was on last night looking for answers in all the wrong places for more than an hour....

Almost a month back, my garage caught on fire (watch those LiPos, people). I lost a lot of stuff including a brand new set of Yukon hubs for my UD 60. I tried to verify which ones I had via the interweb with no luck, and I bought these three years back and carried them as spares. They are toast.

Do our UD 60s just use the 35 spline reverse rotation hubs? The Warn part number is M60 which doesn't even seem to show up on their website, so I just want to be sure--no good way to cross-reference them.

In doing the research, I came across talk of loose hub nuts and switching over to the "standard" Dana 60 hub nut. I'll double check, but I've never notices any issues in my front hubs (with about 15K miles or so). What's needed, exactly? Special socket to get the old ones off? What is the size of the "standard" hub nuts?

Thanks for any advice on either question.

Now to give back (a little). The UD 60s have been great for me. However, last year I did taco a rear upper control arm mount (driver's side) at Fordyce Creek. It got me home, but it was in bad shape and wasn't real fun cutting it out with an angle grinder and sawzall (I need to get me a plasma torch). Those upper brackets have very little weld surface because they arch over the hub nuts. I recommend checking them regularly. Synergy came to my rescue--modded up one of their brackets and welded it up.

And, for the record, I have hydro steer with the front Synergy bracket (also modded to fit the larger tube) with an extra gusset or two--it's in great shape. I've read about the stock trackbar bracket failures with hydro. Synergy has worked great for me.

Just another UD 60 fan looking for advice on the Yukon hubs and hub nut...

Thanks again,

-Randy

2007 JKU (ex)Rubicon w/bolt-ons: LS3 / 6L80E Synergy Long Arm 4.5" Lift 40"s Dana 60s PSC Hydro etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2018, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

may I ask what LiPo battery specifically you had combust on you? Not being crass, just curious when something like that has occured. Glad you and your family are ( presumably) alright.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

It was a transmitter battery (of all things). 3S for a JR 9 channel heli transmitter. Something went very, very wrong. Jeep is almost back in shape--it was in the garage at the time. Melted third taillight and glass hinges, burned up the paint on the rear quarter panel, messed up a 40x13.50 ProComp and a few other things, but it could have been way worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

The Yukon PN you need is 70001.
wellstig1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode