Getting the locker lights on the dash to work on a non rubi - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-21-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Getting the locker lights on the dash to work on a non rubi

My jeep is a sahara model and stock they do not come with lockers. Now I have ARB front and rear and my own switch panel to control that etc.... What I would like to do is when either of the lockers are engaged I would like to have the locker lights on the dash correspond to that. I am sure that those lights are on the can network so has anyone been able to figure that out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I donít know if the ARBís are set to trigger like the factory lockers, but you can buy switches that have lights built into the switch itself that will trigger on...once the factory locker is locked. OTRATTW.COM sells them. I have them rigged up to my sPOD. When the locker is engaged, all the locker is doing is grounding the light indicator wire. My factory rear locker crapped out on me so I replaced it with a 35 spline Auburn Ected. It doesnít operate the same as the factory, because it has no trigger...so I lost the activation light.

Current vehicles:
2007 Sahara 2-Door
5.38 gears
Trussed, sleeved, gusseted Dana 44 front w/ factory Rubi locker and RCV shafts
Stock rear Rubi Dana 44 with Auburn Ected locker w/ 35 spline chromoly shafts
6 Speed
2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor System w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
17X9.5 Spyderlock Beadlocks
37X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
F&R AEV Bumpers w/ AEV rear tire carrier
JCR Stage 2 rock rails
Warn Zeon 10-S winch

2010 Jeep SRT8 w/ 440 stroker making 550 whp
post #3 of 4 Old 04-23-2018, 02:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I bet the signal to the cluster comes from the TIPM. Maybe find a schematic of what/where the communication takes place and jump into that from your locker switches. I'm sure it's more difficult than I just made it sound. There might even be a empty pin on one of the cluster connections on non-rubicons.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-23-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I bet the signal to the cluster comes from the TIPM. Maybe find a schematic of what/where the communication takes place and jump into that from your locker switches. I'm sure it's more difficult than I just made it sound. There might even be a empty pin on one of the cluster connections on non-rubicons.
This is what I am hoping. I just want to add a wire or two and get the light and the chime on the dash when either of them are engaged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode