3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeremi
  • 1 Post By DJ1
  • 1 Post By libordemise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Gear swap and TrueTrac limited slip

Hi
Just wondering after doing a gear swap and adding TrueTrac limited slip carriers is there a technical way of being sure the limited slip is working prior to going offroad?
Thanks Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerman11 View Post
Hi
Just wondering after doing a gear swap and adding TrueTrac limited slip carriers is there a technical way of being sure the limited slip is working prior to going offroad?
Thanks Steve
If it new it'll work. The clutch pack is still tight, it should spin posi with the wheels off the ground by hand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Hi
Thanks Steve
I got instructions with mine, it said something about having a guy hold one tire and rotating the other? Insttuctions had a diagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post
Quote:
Hi
Thanks Steve
If it new it'll work. The clutch pack is still tight, it should spin posi with the wheels off the ground by hand.

No clutches in a Truetrac, they are a helical gear torsen type. Never used them myself but friends have and love them. They have found that if one wheel is spinning applying the brakes will help transfer power to both wheels.
libordemise likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 05:45 PM
DJ1
Rock God

TrueTrac's will always work unless you somehow grenade them. Many 600HP+ muscle cars running them and they are pretty much bomb proof.

If you're offroad and in a situation where you feel you you could benefit from having the rear wheels quasi-locked, then engage your e-brake a couple of clicks. That will help transfer power to the other rear wheel with more traction.

I run a TT on my rear XD60....
libordemise likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
No clutches in a Truetrac, they are a helical gear torsen type. Never used them myself but friends have and love them. They have found that if one wheel is spinning applying the brakes will help transfer power to both wheels.
Yeah in my front if it didnt engage right away at loss of traction i just tapped the brakes and it clicked in right away.. however.. i dont think it would be good to do this when the tires are spinning fast, sudden engagemnt feels like a bad idea in that circumstance

And i definitely.loved mine, game changer for my rig with open dif rear and e brake locker
eloucha likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
What the hell was I thinking. I read limited slip and my mind went right to clutch packs. I'm showing my age and the worst part is, is I run one in my diff.

post #8 of 10 Old 03-28-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Hey Thanks guys!
post #9 of 10 Old 09-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Hey Thanks guys!
So did you get a TT?
post #10 of 10 Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Rock God

FWIW I prefer the TT in the rear over a selectable locker for DD in snowy conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode