Ceramic coatings - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-26-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 461
Feedback: 0 reviews
Ceramic coatings

Anybody try these? I know we all like mud on our jeeps at least a little bit, but if we apply this coating and then get some light pinstriping, or brush scratching in the clearcoat... can we not apply another layer of ceramic coating and disappear the marks?
libordemise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,999
Feedback: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by libordemise View Post
Anybody try these? I know we all like mud on our jeeps at least a little bit, but if we apply this coating and then get some light pinstriping, or brush scratching in the clearcoat... can we not apply another layer of ceramic coating and disappear the marks?
I can only think of one application and I have only seen pics of it. Guy has it on his hellcat. Cost him 1800 bucks.

You got something else that is cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-27-2018, 07:25 AM
Rock God
 
Az Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 513
Feedback: 0 reviews

I had it applied to my Jeep. In my opinion, it did not provide enough protection to justify the cost. The maintenance coats are also pricey. They might be a better value on a vehicle that never sees brush.
Az Scooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 03-27-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 461
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
I had it applied to my Jeep. In my opinion, it did not provide enough protection to justify the cost. The maintenance coats are also pricey. They might be a better value on a vehicle that never sees brush.
Does it not help with bush damage? Or do you just have to maintain it?
libordemise is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 461
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I can only think of one application and I have only seen pics of it. Guy has it on his hellcat. Cost him 1800 bucks.

You got something else that is cheaper?
Small bottles for 50 bucks or less on ebay. Apply to degreased clean surface, tons of good reviews,
libordemise is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 03-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,999
Feedback: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by libordemise View Post
Small bottles for 50 bucks or less on ebay. Apply to degreased clean surface, tons of good reviews,
I am gonna have to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 03-29-2018, 09:34 PM
Rock God
 
Az Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 513
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by libordemise View Post
Does it not help with bush damage? Or do you just have to maintain it?
I donít have a problem maintaining the paint job. I detail my Jeep and truck every time before I go out of town for an adventure. I just think that the benefits and scratch protection were not there for a vehicle like I use mine.
Az Scooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome