New Shocks or whole new lift system? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SilverBulletJKU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-25-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New Shocks or whole new lift system?

So the lift kit that is on the Jeep right now is a 2.5” Pro Comp. & from the 2013 time frame.
Some guy in Lowe’s parking lot stopped me to comment on the Jeep and said "You need to get (marble mouthed blah blah & I couldn't understand) shocks. You could drive right over that curb and it wouldn't jar you outta your seat." I thanked him for complementing my Jeep and drove home.
Not that I think he was ANY kind of expert but I did find myself thinking about how rough I've noticed the ride has been with the falling apart pot hole roads here in WV.
My question is there just a set of shocks I could get or would it be a whole new lift kit system? If just shocks... what would be recommended for a daily driver that I take to the hills over the weekend? I do tow jet skis too if that matters any at all.

2013 Jeep Wrangler MOAB JKU Bright White

Sent using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Wheeler

Definitely some triple bypass, coil over, remote reservoir shocks

Or use rancho 9000, fox, or bilstein shocks in the appropriate length. All shocks wear out over time and either need to be replaced or serviced periodically.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Like UFDUB said, shocks wear out over time and need to be replaced. I would look into either some Fox 2.0 Series shocks or some Bilstein 5100s, they are highly rated and not too expensive.
SeptemberC likes this.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Wheeler

I have been happy really with the fox 2.0 w/ reservoir that came with my synergy stuff. I am coming from 3.5 inch kings with bypasses on a desert bound dodge ram so I am not easily impressed by shocks. I think fox did a really good job with what is considered off the shelf valving. I will go to a bigger shock once my end setup is kind of dialed in for all around speed and flex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode