Need to replace so time to upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Need to replace so time to upgrade

Well my transmission cross member is smashed up good and my stock gas tank skid is beat up too. My current set up has about 2-2.5" of lift on short arms. I have 37x14.00 Irok on beadlocks with about 4.25" of back spacing (don't remember the exact number off the top of my head). My bump stops are set to give me 1/2" tire clearance at full stuff. I only have about 3" of up travel. So I'm going to swap springs for more up travel.

My control arms are not adjustable so I will want to upgrade. Since I need a new crossmember I thought going with one that has lower control are mounts built in and long arm the front. Should I do Clayton or something similar or have something built?

Is this even worth it or should better short arms and a new crossmember be a better route? Currently all skids are stock but I'm looking get full skids just don't know which ones to go with. I live on the east coast so I'm not as hard on my skids as you guys out west.

I'm hoping to hear Dirtman chime in with his knowledge and experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 37 Irok's - 4.88 - Detroit/OX -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2018, 01:20 PM
Rock God

I do t know much about long arms. I have a metal cloak game changer, and am super satisfied. I also have their undercloak system, which includes the heavy cross member, and like it, too.
As for Dirtman, if you want him to get a notification just type @Dirtman , and he should see it. Whether he chooses to answer is a different story.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 PM
JKO Addict!

I am in JAX this weekend. Clayton is a good product if you want a long arm. I would also beef up the factory crossmembermounts if running control arms off the cross member. If you are beating up your cross member now you might not want to loose the clearance from a long arm.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode