JKU STRONGEST ROCK RAILS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
JKU STRONGEST ROCK RAILS

Hey everyone i am new to the forum and i am currently in the middle of building a one ton jku, i am looking to get a set of rock rails that can be used as a step but need to save my body from getting crushed. I have looked at lots of options and really cant seem to find one that stands out. Needs to be strong, im heavy!!

2014 JKU
Anvil
Willys Wheeler
4" TeraFlex 8 Arm
1" Body Lift Daystar
35" BFG Mud Terrains
6 Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 09:31 AM
TRD
Granite Guru

The best I've found so far are by Ace Engineering, but they're still only 2.0 x .134
ACE JK Rock Sliders (4 Door)

My old Toyota buggy DEMOLISHED 0.120 wall DOM, and it was about half the weight of a JK. I'd really like to see some 2.0 x 0.188 wall sliders.
chitown35 likes this.

-Ryan @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

424-377-0808
Pre-Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
Shocks

Coilovers, IBP's, Bypasses & Adjustable Shocks In Stock
post #3 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Wheeler

Honestly any of the frame welded sliders will work you just need to pair them with rocker armor, or be really conscious about how close you're mounting them to your body.

I'd get the VKS sliders with the pegs detached, allowing you to angle the slider to be used as a step or to move it out from the body a little bit. I have the VKS weld on sliders with the pegs in the normal position, and I haven't had any contact with the body...or maybe I just can't tell because I'm running rocker armor too. I did make sure to weld the sliders low enough to leave around a 1" gap between the bottom of the pinch seam and the peg (to account for body mounts flexing).
geberhard likes this.

2015 JK- trussed and locked 44's, 37's, beadlocks, Synergy/Metalcloak control arms, Genright, Warn, Crawler Conceptz, Poison Spyder...blah blah blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Strength and a step I would have to say LOD sliders. Friend of mine has had a set on his Jeep for years and beats them down. They hold up and still look great.
Non step I would say VKS new bolt on. They have a wider mounting plate that attaches to the frame. They are really stout rails.
robertcrav and SlinkySlime like this.
post #5 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Rock God

I have had ACE and LoD and there was no comparison between the two. LoD sliders can take a pounding.
post #6 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Granite Guru

nothing body mounted! ask me how i know.

LoD and VKS were the top two contenders when i searched last.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
post #7 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Rock God

I'm not a huge fan of the body mount bet the Artec one is pretty dam stout. Other than that VKS for the win .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #8 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Granite Guru

I have Lods but I have not beat on them yet. I have the older model that you can bolt or weld to the frame. They seem extremely stout and I had them custom made so the step goes all the way across the whole slider, not just in front of the doors.
post #9 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Wheeler

I am very happy with the quality of the JCR classic sliders.
post #10 of 27 Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Wheeler

Happy with my EVO sliders, Iíve beat the crap out of them for 6 years now and they will change the angle of the slider so you push the rail out from the body and could stand on it if need be

'07 Redrock JKU PIGLET
Wheeling and Off-road Medical Support
🇺🇸🚒 I've got the best job in the world 🚒🇺🇸
post #11 of 27 Old 02-21-2018, 01:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Our Billy Rockers have been shown time and again to be some of the toughest and best looking sliders out there.

https://www.nem-ind.com/products/jee...ocker-kit.html
Attached Images

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST ALL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #12 of 27 Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I run the VKS Fab weld on sliders and they have taken a beating. You can email them and ask them to weld on the feet at less of an angle to make it more like a step.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
post #13 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Granite Guru

I'm leaning towards Poison Spyder... Trying to decide body mounted or frame mounted.

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

post #14 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick13JKUR View Post
I'm leaning towards Poison Spyder... Trying to decide body mounted or frame mounted.
again, don't do body mounted. i won't speak for all brands but i ran what most would consider one of the toughest body mounted sliders and one hit that wasn't outrageous or large or scary put a nice dent in the outside of the slider and the exoskin crushed the body and the whole thing bent up enough that i couldn't open my passenger door.

was this the perfect shot? maybe ... could it every happen again to someone else, i dunno but it was very annoying considering the price and the sledge hammer shots it took so i could open my door again.

[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
post #15 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

If you want something in an actual step that's still tough as nails, consider the Tomken Machine Steps. 1/8" - 2x6 box steel.

It's a step that acts as a skid, not a skid that acts as a step.

JK 4 DOOR ROCKER SKIDS - Tomken

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #16 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick13JKUR View Post
Iíve seen a few body mounted(no names mentioned) bend the front fender when used hard. If you are rock crawling go frame mount for sure.
post #17 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
again, don't do body mounted. i won't speak for all brands but i ran what most would consider one of the toughest body mounted sliders and one hit that wasn't outrageous or large or scary put a nice dent in the outside of the slider and the exoskin crushed the body and the whole thing bent up enough that i couldn't open my passenger door.

was this the perfect shot? maybe ... could it every happen again to someone else, i dunno but it was very annoying considering the price and the sledge hammer shots it took so i could open my door again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason mac View Post
Iíve seen a few body mounted(no names mentioned) bend the front fender when used hard. If you are rock crawling go frame mount for sure.
Thanks guys! Frame mounted it is...

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

post #18 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Wheeler

I have the poisonspyder frame mounted. They are tough and will protect your body, however they are not a step at all. You could, however, weld a small piece to the top tube and create a small step that wouldnít interfere on the trail...I wish I had done this before I powder coated them.

Also, you can bolt these on (with minor drilling) if you arenít sure you want to keep them and then weld them fully when you are ready for the strongest mounting.
post #19 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Granite Guru

Definitely frame mounted, LoD, Shrockworks, Evo, Poison Spyder. I have the frame mounted PS Riccochet Rockers and they work as a step as well as slider

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 JKU Sport - 2.5" TF, Currie RJ44s, Detroit/ARB, 5.13s, Poison Spyder Aluminum Flares, Synergy MFG Bumpers, 37" Cooper STT Pros on KMC Machete Beadlocks, Warn 9.5cti
post #20 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason mac View Post
yes. mine bent up and hit my metalcloak front fender (where the removable overline flare attaches to the fender). fortunately MC fenders are beast and thats where the movement stopped.

|
post #21 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 12:38 PM
Rock God

Frame mounted and add body skin protection. If you use them as they are meant to they will fawk up your body otherwise even with a decent gap.

post #22 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Granite Guru

If you think you are going to take some hard hits, then go with someone like VKS and get them to custom make you a set with thicker lower tubes.

That's what I need to do next

post #23 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Rock God

I have the same dimples from my VKS Vick was super cool to work with and I love his setup. I am installing some body protection (PS) and modifying mine with his slightly longer tubes.

post #24 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Wheeler

Iíve got LOD sliders and they have taken a beating and still look great. Protect my Jeep like they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #25 of 27 Old 02-24-2018, 06:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geberhard View Post
I have the same dimples from my VKS Vick was super cool to work with and I love his setup. I am installing some body protection (PS) and modifying mine with his slightly longer tubes.
I have his prerunner sliders on my 2 door. Theyíve taken some good whacks but no dimple thankfully. Just installed the ps body armor yesterday just in case though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in