Side Steps - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Side Steps

New to me is a 2014 JKU Sport. I am going to purchase a set of side steps so that it is easier for my wife and kids to get in and out of. I have had 3 inch nerf bars on a previous jeep but want something different this time. I am looking at the Quadratec QRC Side Armor with Step or Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor Step for my 4 door. I know the tubing size and cost are different. Does anyone have any other experience, observations, or knowledge you can share? Much is appreciated in advance.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrate...r-unlimited-jk
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1201_07.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJs14JKU View Post
New to me is a 2014 JKU Sport. I am going to purchase a set of side steps so that it is easier for my wife and kids to get in and out of. I have had 3 inch nerf bars on a previous jeep but want something different this time. I am looking at the Quadratec QRC Side Armor with Step or Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor Step for my 4 door. I know the tubing size and cost are different. Does anyone have any other experience, observations, or knowledge you can share? Much is appreciated in advance.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrate...r-unlimited-jk
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1201_07.htm
I don't know one person that has any luck with smittybuilt products.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post
I don't know one person that has any luck with smittybuilt products.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
My 3 inch nerf bars on my previous jeep were smittybuilt. I am hesistant to go back to them. However, in the two products I listed, the smittybuilt ones have a thicker steel but with a smaller diameter. They are $50 more and at the top of my budget. If there is anything else out there with a similar product to the two, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Wheeler

Look into artec industries nighthawk side steps. You might like the combo of armor and a decent step.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Wheeler

2nd the Artec Nighthawk side steps. Artec makes great products and this is similar to set that is on my JK.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-15-2018, 06:02 AM
JKowners Vendor

Hi there, we've been selling side steps for a while, and we keep receiving a lot of positive reviews on the Smittybilt Side Steps, so they are the ones I can certainly recommend.
Here is the assortment of the Smittybild side steps we've got for the 2014 4-door JKUs, so you are welcome to review our assortment and compare prices:
Smittybilt side steps & running boards for the 2014 JKU (4 doors)

Jeep Wrangler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #7 of 8 Old 02-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I have the Smitty SRC on our '14 JKUR as does one of my good friends. We've both had body damage due to them bending when actually used as a rock rail. So IMO if you're going off road skip the smitty steps.

Our '18 JK I'm trying the Teraflex, so far so good.

His- 2014 JKUR
Hers- 2018 JK

Retired- 2016 JKWW
Retired- 2013 JKU
post #8 of 8 Old 02-16-2018, 07:43 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Another option, although I know it is a bit over your budget, is Ace Engineering. My brother-in-law had a set of steps on his and they were really nice.
Rock Sliders

Personally, I bought a set of the GenRight weld on sliders and added them to my Rubicon rails. Took a bit more work, but I bought the kit for like $185 and I like the way they look and have held up well.

RK 2.5" Flex - Body Armor Front Bumper - Superwinch 8500 lb - Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights and Diffused Reverse Light - G2 Gear & Axle Diff Covers - Dynomax Exhaust - Drake Off-Road Billet Knobs - Oliver's Driveshafts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
Coming to JKO to get educated on politics is like a marathoner watching the Special Olympics to get technique pointers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode