First Fluid change on the UD60 rear - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-03-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

First Fluid change on the UD60 rear

Iím at 500 miles and am gonna go ahead and change the fluid.

I found the weight that is recommend 75w-140 and the total which is 2.6L for the rear. What I canít find is the part number I should get for a gasket/seal. Iíd like to get a lube locker if possible. Iíve looked at the PDF of parts and all it has is a part number for the front seal.

Anyone have this off hand?

'14 Anvil JKU Sportis all that's in my garage.
What would I know though...I'm just crawlin' at the mall.

#TheBlacksmithCrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

you'll have to school me on stuff I am wrong about as far as that fancy , bombproof axle set you've got but - at least from what I've read on here and elsewhere - why couldn't you just get one of these or a big, 10ounce can of Right-Stuff & then fill the monster up ? Does it have a proprietary diff cover shape different from D60s?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Anyone know what I should torque the bolts to on the rear UD60 diff cover?

#TheBlacksmithCrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The shape looks exactly like the pic like the picute of the ram 3500 Dana 60 so I picked up that gasket. Worse case I put gray RTV on it and be done. Iím good with the fluid and amount just trying to figure out the gasket cause I didnít want to do rtv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

you'll have to school me on stuff I am wrong about as far as that fancy , bombproof axle set you've got but - at least from what I've read on here and elsewhere - why couldn't you just get one of these or a big, 10ounce can of Right-Stuff & then fill the monster up ? Does it have a proprietary diff cover shape different from D60s?

#TheBlacksmithCrew
post #5 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I used 30 ft lbs from a cummins forum

#TheBlacksmithCrew
post #6 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

i know Marcus from @RiverCityOffroad has the UD 60s if you need verification of stuff like that. I canít believe you pay that much for a set of super high end axles and Dana or Mopar doesnít send some documents or a pdf or something, sheez.

Nice axles, again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

They come with some paperwork, but no aftermarket axle is going to have an instruction manual with torque specs and things like that.

The rear 60 should be a standard Dana 60 Lube Locker, but the front is proprietary.

post #8 of 8 Old 02-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
They come with some paperwork, but no aftermarket axle is going to have an instruction manual with torque specs and things like that.

The rear 60 should be a standard Dana 60 Lube Locker, but the front is proprietary.
i must admit, I’m not usually easily surprised but by that I kinda am;You pay a fair amount , get a serial number and I’m sure some wrrnty data , all delivered to your friendly neighborhood dock in a heat branded wooden crate but nowhere in the crate nor on the Dana or Mopar web resources is some pdf or document that tells ya what the bolts for the diff cover or the torque specs for the lugs or calipers should be?
I mean, we all know these are fairly well known or at least attainable info with in circles such as our ( or other) forum but yeah, I’d have thought they’d throw some spec sheet or something in for purchasing customers .

Thanks ,Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode