5Likes
  • 1 Post By dalearyous
  • 3 Post By thedirtman
  • 1 Post By TRD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-27-2018, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The search for new shocks...

Ive been flipping around for some new shocks as mine are tired and one started to leak the other day. I would like to get something on the nicer end this time and have looked at all of the manufacturers that I could think of and then I ran across these.....

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jk-2...rber-kit-all-4

WTF is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Granite Guru

I think that these would be pretty slick for a mall crawler like myself.
I am looking at new shocks also and still haven't decided how much money I am going to spend. When you look around these Falcon shocks are getting great reviews. But I don't think I have ever seen a bad review where someone has spent a lot ofmoney on new shocks.
What kind are you leaning towards?
post #3 of 10 Old 01-27-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
I think that these would be pretty slick for a mall crawler like myself.
I am looking at new shocks also and still haven't decided how much money I am going to spend. When you look around these Falcon shocks are getting great reviews. But I don't think I have ever seen a bad review where someone has spent a lot of money on new shocks.
What kind are you leaning towards?
Thats the thing, I have never spent much on them or time learning about them. I just usually ran whatever shock came with the lift kit that I purchased and never looked back. The only original things left of the lift at this point are the springs and these shocks.

I have been looking at kings mostly and then saw these. I have seen this brand around but immediately dismissed them as teraflex fanboi shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 07:46 AM
Granite Guru

i must be the only one that thinks this, but i would never buy these for the reason in the pic below. all that hardware in the bottom rear area getting smashed to shit on rocks.
Attached Images

PED'sReady0219 likes this.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 07:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
i must be the only one that thinks this, but i would never buy these for the reason in the pic below. all that hardware in the bottom rear area getting smashed to shit on rocks.
They make skid plates for that. Gotta be able to up sell you on something...

post #6 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Those shocks have been out about a year. There is a video that shows how you can use them to break rocks. I have heard venders pushing them saying how good they are but never have seen a comparison review or even seen them on a Jeep.
On your higher end shocks make sure you can get parts for them in a timely manner. Fox and King are pretty easy to get parts in a couple days. Look at what options you need. Compression adjusters, internal bypass, reservoir, take down, ability to adjust pressure . Then find the one that meets your spec's, fits your budget, and is appealing to you.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Those shocks have been out about a year. There is a video that shows how you can use them to break rocks.
touche! i always wondered why they would make them like this. now i guess they just aren't all that concerned. video:

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
post #8 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 10:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Talk to Ryan @TRD . He can set you up with something tuned to your needs. Anything off the shelf will be a very generalized valving, sounds like you're looking for something more dialed in for you.

Kevin
post #9 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 AM
TRD
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Talk to Ryan @TRD . He can set you up with something tuned to your needs. Anything off the shelf will be a very generalized valving, sounds like you're looking for something more dialed in for you.
Thank you!!!

Everyone of our shocks is custom tuned for your vehicle:
Weight
Modifications
Springs
Terrain
Preferences
Dkjeep likes this.

-Ryan @

424-377-0808
Pre-Tuned
&
Shocks

Coilovers, IBP's, Bypasses & Adjustable Shocks In Stock
post #10 of 10 Old 01-29-2018, 11:26 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Shocks I've run on the 4 JKs we've had:
Stock Sport 4 door & 2 door
Stock Rubi 4 door & 2 door (Willys)
Rancho 5000 XL
Rancho 9000 XL
Fox 2.0 Resi

I installed the Falcon 3.3 on our 4 door early on, I have about 15k miles and a dozen or so wheeling trips on them. Hands down the nicest shock I've run to date. So much so I bought another set for our 2 door. I like having the ability to change firmness depending on my Jeep's weight (hard top, no hard top, overlanding, DD, etc) and the type of driving I'm doing.

As far as the 3.4 you linked to, tough one. I like having more than "soft" or "firm" as my choices, so I stuck with the 3.3.
Attached Images

His- 2014 JKUR
Hers- 2018 JK

Retired- 2016 JKWW
Retired- 2013 JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode