Mopar BBK Brake Lines on 4" Lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RTillery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-24-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Mopar BBK Brake Lines on 4" Lift

As some of you know from my posts over the past number of years, I've run the Teraflex BBK for a long time now. I've been running Crown Performance brake lines and just don't like the line routing, below.

Routed like this they don't get pinched in the spings or hit the tires on full lock, but they rub on the upper control arms on full stuff. I've likd the look of the lines that come with the Mopar BBK, so I scored a set of them off Ebay. Like the Tera BBK the Mopar BBK calipers have the port on the back side, ratrher than the sides like stock. Mopar accomodaes this in the way they made the hard line at the caliper. These run in the stock position, between teh spring & shock and are secured with a stock style bracket.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear they'll be long enough to work with my 4" lift unless I do some bracket magic. Mopar includes a set of brackets (77070107 + 11) with their 2" kit that raise the position of the bracket that goes on the spring bucket. They seem to be available via Mopar. I'm wondering if I combined these with a frame mount drop bracket (Teraflex, AEV, etc.) if the combination would get me enough slack. Thoughts?

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Granite Guru

I'm running the 4" Mopar lift and the Mopar BBK on my 2009 Rubi. Similar to your experience, I felt the lines included withe the 4" were just a tad short when you tried to use the nifty brackets that affix them to the lower spring bucket. After some research, I found these tidy little extension brackets from, of all mfgs, Pro-Comp:

Brackets on fleabay

Worked like a charm for me and I'm happy with the slack at full droop now.

'09 Unlimited Rubicon, Deep Water Blue
post #3 of 11 Old 01-29-2018, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
I'm running the 4" Mopar lift and the Mopar BBK on my 2009 Rubi. Similar to your experience, I felt the lines included withe the 4" were just a tad short when you tried to use the nifty brackets that affix them to the lower spring bucket. After some research, I found these tidy little extension brackets from, of all mfgs, Pro-Comp:

Brackets on fleabay

Worked like a charm for me and I'm happy with the slack at full droop now.
Very cool. Did you use the lines that came with the BBK, or the lines from the 4" kit? The BBK lines are the same length as the late style stock lines.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru

I used the lines that came with the 4" kit, as I didn't put the BBK on until much later. Honestly don't know how they compare lengthwise, sorry.

'09 Unlimited Rubicon, Deep Water Blue
post #5 of 11 Old 02-07-2018, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
I used the lines that came with the 4" kit, as I didn't put the BBK on until much later. Honestly don't know how they compare lengthwise, sorry.
Thanks. Got the brackets. They don't look like they'll allow me to use the BBK lines, still too short. I'll snap up a pair of the 4" kit lines & try again.

post #6 of 11 Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Wheeler

I was running the lines that came with my Metalcloak lift zip tied between my springs and shocks but wasn't too happy with the setup. When I installed my BBK, I picked up a pair of the Teraflex Brake line anchor brackets and moved the lines behind the shocks. I haven't wheeled it hard yet, but so far, I like em.
SoK66 likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Well, following up on this one a year later I'm still running the setup pictured above. I tried the Teraflex brake line anchors last summer. After fiddling with them for quite a while I didn't feel they worked well with the stiff Crown performance lines I run so I took them back off. Still looking for a better solution I came across these from Crown perfornace that include the late JK spring bucket brackets. These look like a good solution. Anyone tried them?

Wrangler JK Brake Lines

post #8 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Granite Guru

I have a shorter variation of what you referenced in your link and they have been working great. Hope this helps.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, and more to come...
post #9 of 11 Old 03-07-2019, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Scarlet View Post
I have a shorter variation of what you referenced in your link and they have been working great. Hope this helps.
Yes it does, thanks. It looks like they leave the spring bucket bracket loose on the line. Did you snug it up on the line after installation or leave it loose? Also, I'm looking at the 5" longer variant so I'd have plenty of length to accomodate the rear ports on the Teraflex calipers. In your experience is this the right way to approach the length decision? I have a 4" TF lift.

post #10 of 11 Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Granite Guru

For the rear, I don't believe the extra length will matter. But the front I would say you will need the extra length due to the routing for the brake lines.

I left the front lines loose in the sleeve. It hasn't been an issue for me, so I believe you are on the right track.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, and more to come...
post #11 of 11 Old 07-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Yes it does, thanks. It looks like they leave the spring bucket bracket loose on the line. Did you snug it up on the line after installation or leave it loose? Also, I'm looking at the 5" longer variant so I'd have plenty of length to accomodate the rear ports on the Teraflex calipers. In your experience is this the right way to approach the length decision? I have a 4" TF lift.
Just looking for an update. I'm looking for some new lines to help with my problem in the front with the Teraflex BBK kit and 6pak shocks.
Attached Images

2009 Sunburst Orange Rubicon, 2dr, 6spd.
PSC BFH front bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper, Bushwacker Flares
PSC Rocker Knockers ,PSC Evap Skid Plate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode