PSC Ram Stroke - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

PSC Ram Stroke

When determining the length of ram needed, I turned the steering stop to stop and had a guy measure the stroke needed. He came up with 7 1/4", so that's what I told PSC. I ordered their economy kit for $425 which includes the ram, hoses, fittings, weldon tabs and a modified steering box tower that I was to exchange with the tower on my 2010 box. This kit is much like The Redneck kit, but you don't have to send in your box to modified. However, Jeep changed suppliers for 2010 and the box is slightly different, so the tower won't fit. No problem though, as PSC wasn't aware of that and made me a good deal on their modified box, which will arrive on Monday. My problem is that while building the brackets for the ram, I discovered that I only needed a 6 3/4" stroke and not the 7 1/4" that I ordered. Sooooo, can I add a 1/2" block/spacer to the ram stem to limit the stroke to 6 3/4"? Turning left will be the same, but when turning right, the ram will come up against the spacer and put pressure on the end of the cylinder. Is that a problem? Of course, PSC might just exchange the ram for me, but a spacer would be an easy fix.

97 ZJ 5.2, Atlas, hp30, 8.8, alloys, locked F&R, Clayton LA lift, 35" KM2's
97 TJ 110" WB, Atlas, 350 chevy, D60, 14B, 42" Pit Bulls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Slow and Low

I've heard of people using an internal spacer in the ram to change the stroke. So I don't see why an external spacer would be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode