PSC front crusher flares and vented inner fender install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2018, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
PSC front crusher flares and vented inner fender install

Getting ready to do the install of both narrow width flares and the vented inner fenders tomorrow, then pull them back off and paint on Sunday. Got the rear pair pre-installed, removed, and now painted and drying for install later this week. I'm looking for pointers from anyone who's done the inners and fenders at the same time. I've read through the instructions for both and think I have a grasp on it but also haven't fully wrapped my head around the best way to install them together. Mainly just trying to avoid installing something just to pull it right back off. Any suggestions?

2012 JKUR, 2.5" RK Flex, 35" Falken MTs, VKS Sliders, PSC Fenders and Tire Carrier, Crawler Conceptz Skinny Rear Bumper, Amazon Cheap-o Special Front Bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Granite Guru

In general with fender installs, it is a lot of install, remove, and reinstall. I have a different set of inner fenders with my PSC flares and the inners can be installed/removed without touching the actual flares. Not sure if PSCs are any different. Sorry I am not more help, but I think if you go into it knowing you will be installing/removing a few times then you will not be frustrated as you work through it. My only advice is to practice with the nutserts on any scrap metal you have lying around. I also put loctite on the nutsert before crushing them...in hope to avoid any spinning them given my history of over tightening. Good luck.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for the advice. I got it all figured out, it's best just to bolt them up after you put the top bracket in and before mounting the flare. They attach with two of the three factory 10mm screws that hold in the top bracket.

2012 JKUR, 2.5" RK Flex, 35" Falken MTs, VKS Sliders, PSC Fenders and Tire Carrier, Crawler Conceptz Skinny Rear Bumper, Amazon Cheap-o Special Front Bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Got the fronts on, still need to put clear coat on the rear flares and install this week. Pretty happy with my duplicolor rattle can paint job.
Attached Images

post #5 of 5 Old 01-14-2018, 09:09 AM

I second using red loktite or some kind of sealant. These nutserts have a lot of pressure put on them during the install while you try to force the fender to curve to the body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode