5.5" RK Trail Gunner kit install review. - Page 7 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
Seems to me you're the one with the axe to grind here. If you have no relatable input to contribute you should keep your fucking mouth shut.
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

I keep seeing this thread pop up on new posts and keep checking it for good info and I have yet to see any. First its bad kit, then its bad warranty, then it's who doesn't like who, then its not personal preference on geometry, then the thread is quiet for two days and then the mechanic who isn't the shop owner and isn't the customer posts another rant on it. Seems like his opinion was already shared and the discussion was over. It's a free forum and I'm wondering why beat the dead horse? At this point this doesn't seem altruistic. And just so you know, I've never bought anything from RK and am not affiliated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BigPrince; 01-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

I keep seeing this thread pop up on new posts and keep checking it for good info and I have yet to see any. First its bad kit, then its bad warranty, then it's who doesn't like who, then its not personal preference on geometry, then the thread is quiet for two days and then the mechanic who isn't the shop owner and isn't the customer posts another rant on it. Seems like his opinion was already shared and the discussion was over. It's a free forum and I'm wondering why beat the dead horse? At this point this doesn't seem altruistic. And just so you know, I've never bought anything from RK and am not affiliated.
My takeaway is bad kit and company making too much money from people who like 4x4s.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
post #153 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
My take away, as a potential customer only, is I have to take everything on this thread with a huge grain of salt due to the obvious personal biases. I'm not sure how much is of real concern and how much is blown up due to the two interacting here.
Missing parts, wrong parts shipped, poor quality fit and finish, poor ride. Photos and video to back it up. $9000 kit. How you feel about it Big Prince if this were your purchase from any company that touts being tops in the industry? Would you be happy with waiting on parts (after a 6 week wait on the kit), back and forth on the phone? Being called a lier, Being lied too, when trying to get what you paid for.

In RK's last post they try and deflect blame saying a miscommunication on the rear bridge, really they have a "note" that says maybe talked about a dana 60 but did not follow up. Nate knew the kit was for a 44 and does not recall even talking about a dana 60. We are lucky it worked and did not have to cut it off and weld on a new one. They state bolts should have been shorter on the lower mount and was a simple mix up, but even if there was a mix up, their supplied nylocks would not even fit between the bracket and tube, but lets pretend it was not a big deal.
coilrod, Biginboca and Jadmt like this.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link

Last edited by thedirtman; 01-07-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Granite Guru

Almost posted.more. i have no horse in this race. Im just bored.
post #155 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
If raw steel sits here too long it will rust, especially in the hot and humid summer so we coat them. We also feel it is very difficult for anyone to get any kind of paint deep in the crevices where powder coating will be electrostatic ally attracted to those areas and help with coverage.

The holes are to allow dirt, water to evacuate that area. If it was completely sealed to the axle housing in that area then all it would do is fill up with dirt and water. Not really what we want. If there was ever a failure of our truss our any other of our long arm mounts that were properly welded on we may have changed that, but to the best of our knowledge that has never happened.

Be sure to have the right truss for the right axle. If you are putting a 60 truss on a stock 44 that certainly could be an issue with the breather tube. Otherwise it should be good to go. We cannot say that our Dana 60 truss fits every and all junk yard swaps etc. that are out there and offers clearance for every breather tube hole for those applications. That would be darn near impossible. Please look up in this thread and you will see the various trusses that we offer.

Give us a call if you need any assistance...

RK
The axle is a 44 pretty sure the truss was too being the tube diameter and truss diameter fit like a glove. I would think the cut out on the truss for a D60 would be bigger. I measured from outside rotor to rotor for a true center.going by that set the right inner mount dead center of the vent.its not a problem and it all worked out. I must say the measurements in the instructions are on point including the track bars. The only thing I needed to re adjust was the upper rear link. Even my steering wheel was straight (what is the chances of that) all in all I think itís a good system (talking about the long arm upgrade). About the powder coating maybe have the p coat guys tape off the weld area?

Ok giving my opinion (I know nobody asked for it but Iím giving it anyways)
RCs kit is no different from any other weld in kit as for fit. Somewhere on here something was said about cheap/thin powder coating and arrived poorly packaged. Everything I received was good. A few chips but nothing that canít be touched up. I wasnít a fan of a front 3 link/true 4link for a rig thatís driven on road but I must say it handles great for what it is. I have no side to side wondering on the highway and it a 2 door. Itís no sports car specially with antirocks. I canít give my opinion on how it works off road yet being I just finished it. I donít think no other kit out there has the ground clearance this kit has right out of the box (talking control arms) so far I think itís a great kit as for road manners. Oh I almost forgot there is no way to grease the outboard joints maybe a 45 degree Zerk? So far Iím happy with it.
libordemise likes this.

2010 jk 2dr 3.5 in lift synergy c/arms synergy high steer RPM fab tierod Dynatrac pro rock front 5:13s cooper stt 37s eaton e locker adv adapters rubicrawler adams driveshafts bilsteins. Bestop trektop pro poisen spyder tire carrier VKS stubby rear bumper VKS fab stubby front. Pure jeep sliders yaesu ftm400. Shit I forgot the rest... KK6WIT
post #156 of 163 Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Granite Guru

Oh. Well there ya go.....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
post #157 of 163 Old 01-08-2018, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Actually off road evolution has better ground clearance on their long arm. The lever has some pretty severe rear steer though.

Some build info here:

post #158 of 163 Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Is this really still a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #159 of 163 Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Actually off road evolution has better ground clearance on their long arm. The lever has some pretty severe rear steer though.
When we release the out board coil over and outboard coil over bypass shock systems we will have raised lower axle mounts just like we showed at Expo this fall. Boy we wish Jeep did not do that from the factory. Even if they were more like TJ/LJ we would take it. The JL is very similar.

RK
post #160 of 163 Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Granite Guru

You are correct on IF you run the evolever or make your own coil over/air spring setup. The standard evo long arm is NOT. I should of been a little more specific in my post. My bad.

2010 jk 2dr 3.5 in lift synergy c/arms synergy high steer RPM fab tierod Dynatrac pro rock front 5:13s cooper stt 37s eaton e locker adv adapters rubicrawler adams driveshafts bilsteins. Bestop trektop pro poisen spyder tire carrier VKS stubby rear bumper VKS fab stubby front. Pure jeep sliders yaesu ftm400. Shit I forgot the rest... KK6WIT
post #161 of 163 Old 01-09-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

The rock krawler lower shock mounts down about 1" over the evo rock stars and both use the same factory control arm mount. So yes, EVO has better ground clearance. If you want to talk just arms then Genright has the best ground clearance for arms in a long arm kit.

Some build info here:

Last edited by thedirtman; 01-09-2018 at 08:04 AM.
post #162 of 163 Old 01-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Granite Guru

Hope you enjoyed your all expenses paid Mexico vacation on RK for your rave review.
libordemise likes this.
post #163 of 163 Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

It was a great trip.
libordemise likes this.

Some build info here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode