ARB Lockers - Any details/materials on air lines - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By MAG00
  • 1 Post By SoK66
  • 1 Post By gt1guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ARB Lockers - Any details/materials on air lines

I am awaiting delivery of new axles that will have ARB lockers. I wanted to see if anyone could offer any specific details on the air lines in regards to fittings, different material lines, connections, routing, etc.

For example, air lines you would recommend over the factory ones, any special or different fittings you would recommend, any tips on routing the lines, etc., etc.?

Any information, suggestions, or recommendations is appreciated.* Please be as specific as possible.
dacotah likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

run the factory stuff.
buy an extra coil of blue line, an extra bulkhead seal, and a double ended push lock connector that can repair breaks.
route the line so it has enough movement for the axle to move but not so much that branches, snow, or zombie bodies can push the air lines into the steering shaft, drive shaft, or exhaust manifold. I like to run the lines on top of the upper control arm mounts.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 08:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Like said above. Run what comes with it and buy a repair kit. I route mine inside the vehicle along the wire harness. Keep away from the exhaust as it will melt. The line is metric 5mm and while you can find more durable lines they are hard to find and expensive and you cant do field repairs. The ARB lines can be repaired in minutes with the push fittings.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks. That's the kind of information I was looking for.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 01:00 PM
yes, I have asperger's

Sweat some 1/2" copper. Should be good to go.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Wheeler

I had a hard time finding it for another project a while back. Turns out it's a lot easier to find if you call it by its real name "Air Brake Tubing". Most large truck parts houses carry it and many places that make air lines and hydraulic lines have it.

If it aint broke your not 4 wheeling
post #7 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 08:34 PM
JKO Addict!

After seeing too many guys experience failure of that blue plastic line, on my former rig I used Aeroquip braided line and AN connector at the housing. Never an issue.
Dkjeep likes this.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-21-2017, 09:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I bought braided lines and mechanical air toggle valves from Poly. Plan to run them down the uppers along with the brake lines.
Dkjeep likes this.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode