Mid build we found XD60 was shipped with wrong bolt pattenr - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mastrcruse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-16-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mid build we found XD60 was shipped with wrong bolt pattenr

SO with the front nearly complete, we have found that the XD60 front axle has been shipped with 8x170 vs the 8x6.5 I ordered.

Anyone else recently have this issue from Dynatrac? Should I have my builder reverse everything or is it pretty just new hubs and it’s fixed?

'14 Anvil JKU Sportis all that's in my garage.
What would I know though...I'm just crawlin' at the mall.

#TheBlacksmithCrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 12:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Just beat it with a hammer they’ll fit bwahahaaha

On a serious note that sucks . Hope shit gets worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 01:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hub swap should do it.

Or the hammer.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So someone posted that this actually happened to them and that’s Dynatrac said the bolt pattern is a hair off after pressing into the hub. Dynatrac told the person to hit the lugs 1-2 Times with a dead hammer and it would be perfect.

SO this could normal! WTF...if this isn’t true, Dynatrac needs to tell customers this to reduce their “holy shit” emails.
tapcola likes this.

#TheBlacksmithCrew
post #5 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Dynatrac needs to do some hiring and work on customer service and the details. After my last dealings with them I doubt I will use them again. For what you pay for their products so they can live and operate in sunny California there should not be these massive lead times and small details falling thru the cracks.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 08:41 AM
JKO Addict!

They could also add a parts brake down with part numbers so you can find or order parts without having to call or email them. Things like bearings, seals, brake pads, axle shafts.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
They could also add a parts brake down with part numbers so you can find or order parts without having to call or email them. Things like bearings, seals, brake pads, axle shafts.
When I talked with two of the Dynatrac guys at Offroad Expo I asked if they had part numbers for the axles so I could order spares/replacements and buy consumables locally if I bought their axles. They said they send a list of part numbers with the axles and have that. I didn't get to dig in much more before being asked to move along for filming.

post #8 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Whelp, after several small issues the Jeep is running perfectly on 40's as of 1:30am this morning. It drives so smoothly but I'll have to get used to the squishiness of the 40" tires (I turn and the tires catch up haha).

It has been confirmed though that many have had the "panic" moment with Dynatrac axles and trailready beadlocks. How the lugs are pressed into the hubs allow for "freedom" for the lugs to move and can allow the bolt pattern to be a hair off. With small taps from a dead blow hammer, the lugs manipulate themselves into their true lug pattern. With trailready beadlocks having super tight tolerances and the axle being a hair off, it can make it look like Dynatrac shipped a 8x170. You have to negotiate the wheels on and the lugs will then set themselves so the wheels will slide on and off easily after the first install.
Attached Images

#TheBlacksmithCrew
post #9 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Granite Guru

Good looking jeep. For the wheels, that sounds like a real pain in the anus trying to get 40s mounted.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-18-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Hank View Post
Good looking jeep. For the wheels, that sounds like a real pain in the anus trying to get 40s mounted.
It was hard to give each lug a small tap or two with the dead blow hammer. The shitty part is that I had to discover this "issue" and its known by Dynatrac that the bolt pattern isnt a tight pattern. I will say Dynatrac responded on a sunday and confirmed the pattern differences and method of correction. Add a damn sign though that says this....don't let me find it by myself!!

#TheBlacksmithCrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode