JKOwners Forum banner

Lift size question

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  coilrod 
#1 ·
Looking for some help figuring out how much lift my jeep has installed. It is running nitto mud grapplers 35x12.50x18 and the measurement to the bottom of the doors is 28".

I am thinking it has about a 4.5" lift???? any thoughts from guys running 35's??? Side note this is the first jeep I purchased done. Usually buy stock and build my self but could not pass up this deal.

#2 ·
on my 2016 jkr I just went out and measured and I am 28.25" to the bottom of door (center of door) when parked on flat cement floor. I have a 3.5" aev lift and am running 285/75-17 tires so 34's which are quite a bit smaller than your Nitto's. I would say you do not have a 4.5" lift.

#3 ·
Okay great thanks for the feedback. Oh I forgot to mention this is a 4 door wrangler. So a guess would be I might be running the same lift 3.5" AEV.. I am pretty sure the lift is an AEV as all the parts I have match what I see on there web site.

#11 ·
I keep seeing this photo for anything related to any JK lift.

Question: Wouldn’t it be different for a JKU Vs. a JK or a Rubicon Vs. a Sport? Or are they all exactly the same?

I just got a 2013 JKU Rubicon that has an aftermarket suspension. I’m trying to figure out the lift hight as well as the brand. Will this photo work for me?

#12 ·
If no one smrtr replies, the rubicon has about 1/2" longer spring iirc. That and 2" taller tires give about 1.5" clearance advantage.
Use the picture, it works for just about everything you don't need to measure anyway.

#14 ·
rubicon has exactly the same coils as a sport for any given build except the 10A and Recon editions do have different coils so get 1/2" lift. ie if you have a rubicon4 door with hard top auto and tow package you most likely will have front coils -18 or -19 and in the back 59 or 60 which will be the same on a 4 door sport or sahara with the same equipment. I have done dozens of lifts and coils have to do with how the wrangler. Same goes for 2 doors model to model. a loaded 2 door might have 15 fronts and 54 or 55 rears.

#22 ·
you'll find that badass of a lift - not all of us are man enough to run 8" of bolton awesome lift ! - will consume your taillight fluid & shock-juice far more quickly than just a 6.5" lift will. I think I was refilling the blinkers for every few miles & rocks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.