JK8 Booster/Master + NorthRidge 4x4 Dual ARB Bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigPrince

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JK8 Booster/Master + NorthRidge 4x4 Dual ARB Bracket

Iím the dude that collects parts and waits until I have most of them for the intended upgrade and then attempts to install them at once (like a shop would). The up-side is the overall install takes less time, the down-side is I always run into upgrade part comparability issues.

This go-round Iím installing Dynatrac 60ís, dual arb compressor setup, JK8 booster/master, and SwitchPros switch. Diffs went right in. JK8 master/booster goes right in. NorthRidge4x4 ARB dual compressor bracket...

Must not be compatible with the JK8 master/booster combo. Never even considered that it wouldnít work but common sense (and hindsight) says it canít. Booster pushes the master away from the firewall and the master is taller so it can hold more fluid.

Initial thought was to make spacers so the compressor could sit above the master. It would be a pain to fill the master but I suppose I was figuring I could remove the compressors for maintenance (dumbass idea). The height difference is about 1 1/2-inches for reference.

Not enough space under the hood even if it was a good idea. Iím about to shift into ďmake it work with what I have modeĒ. Iíll document the fab if Iím blazing a new trail but I want to first see if anyone has figured how to work around this situation.

Has anyone encountered this and figured out a work-around?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 04:51 PM

Hell with that, where's the pics of the 60's
post #3 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Wheeler

the Evo compressor mount works with the JK8 brakes

'09 JK, Dynatrac ProRock 44, 5.38s, ARBs, NV 241OR transfer case, Yukon 1310/1350 driveshafts, JK8 brakes, Hydroboost booster, Evo sway bar disconnect, ect...

Last edited by Gringo Loco; 10-22-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco View Post
the Evo compressor mount works with the JK8 brakes

Heís got got a dual not a single like you.

OP...I had the same issue, other buddies locally did too, none of them have found a good fix. Most of us moved our ARBs under the passenger side seat.

'14 Anvil JKU Sportis all that's in my garage.
What would I know though...I'm just crawlin' at the mall.

#TheBlacksmithCrew
post #5 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
He’s got got a dual not a single like you.

OP...I had the same issue, other buddies locally did too, none of them have found a good fix. Most of us moved our ARBs under the passenger side seat.
and I thought the Evo mount is drilled for either.

but carry on...

'09 JK, Dynatrac ProRock 44, 5.38s, ARBs, NV 241OR transfer case, Yukon 1310/1350 driveshafts, JK8 brakes, Hydroboost booster, Evo sway bar disconnect, ect...

Last edited by Gringo Loco; 10-22-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #6 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Granite Guru

Had the same problem with the MORE mount. My shop ended up making a new mount plate using the MORE hardware that was further forward. A dual will fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JK8 Booster/Master + NorthRidge 4x4 Dual ARB Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
Heís got got a dual not a single like you.

Ok, thatís kinda what I suspected. I think I have an extremely simple mod to the NorthRidge bracket but I had to order some additional nut-serts to pull it off. If it works, I think NorthRidge should modify their design to enable their kit to work with both brake setups. I can do a high-level now.

Concept shifts the bracket towards the front of the jeep to line up the rear bracket howl with the alignment hole already in the fender top.

The support bracket that NorthRidge supplies in their kit is now way short of the countersunk hole in the main bracket.

BUT, if I cut the business end of the bracket and weld it back on, it would land it the meat if the main bracket and work isnít this orientation. In the picture it will be changed from turning 90* to the right to straight down.

Might as well just cut it...Bzzztt...

And now it can be rotated from this:

To this:

And hereís the modified bracket laid out for visual reference:

For otherís reference, it needs to be welded back at a 35* angle.

The compressor now needs risers to be able to clear the brake lines coming out of the ABS manifold. Thereís should be enough clearance to sit well under the hood (or barely, Iíll find out).

Iíll have all the parts I need by next weekend so Iíll be able to complete it and update the thread when I do.

Matt

Last edited by lilscorpion; 10-22-2017 at 06:13 PM.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-22-2017, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
Had the same problem with the MORE mount. My shop ended up making a new mount plate using the MORE hardware that was further forward. A dual will fit.

Was typing while you replied. Looks like Iím headed the right direction.

Thanks.

post #9 of 17 Old 10-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Granite Guru

how long did the JK8 booster/MC take? auto or manual?

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #10 of 17 Old 10-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilscorpion View Post
Concept shifts the bracket towards the front of the jeep to line up the rear bracket howl with the alignment hole already in the fender top.

Question now is will it fit with an SPod? Doesn't look like it.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #11 of 17 Old 10-23-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
how long did the JK8 booster/MC take? auto or manual?

Didnít take long at all. Once drained, the master comes right off by removing the two brake lines, a electrical connector, and the two bolts that attach it to the booster. The booster took me a minute because I first attempted to remove it via the 4 nuts above the brake pedal inside (like all the vehicles a Iíve had before). In this case I could t get the socket on the heads of the nuts so I had to remove the aluminum plate the booster attached to on the engine compartment side and then remove a clip that keeps the booster rod attached to the brake pedal. That maybe took 30 minutes. Install was the same as both removal processes in reverse.

Mine is an Auto Trans. Not sure the process would be any different for manual other than navigating around the second pedal inside when undoing the booster rod.

Matt

post #12 of 17 Old 10-24-2017, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
Question now is will it fit with an SPod? Doesn't look like it.

Probably not but Iíll never find out because Iím using a Switch-Pros 8100.

post #13 of 17 Old 10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilscorpion View Post
Probably not but Iíll never find out because Iím using a Switch-Pros 8100.

I've looked pretty hard at those as well, and haven't ruled it out yet. Just threw that question out because I know so many do run the sPod. I do not (so far). FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #14 of 17 Old 10-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.
I have both and they fit fine. Definitely a tight fit. The two are some of the best engineered parts I've bought. Very well thought out products. I highly recommend both.
tapcola likes this.

post #15 of 17 Old 10-28-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
I've looked pretty hard at those as well, and haven't ruled it out yet. Just threw that question out because I know so many do run the sPod. I do not (so far). FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.

Looks like others have chimed in already. I have plans to install the 8100 module today and already have the GOR dual battery kit in. Iím certain the two will fit together because Iíve mocked it up but there wonít be tons of space around it. Iíll be sure to snap a few pics.

If it didnít/doesnít fit for some reason It would be extremely easy to mount somewhere else. Wouldnít be as quick of an install.

post #16 of 17 Old 10-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
Do you have any pictures of your mount? I plan on using the MORE mount with my dual compressor

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
post #17 of 17 Old 07-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Is there an update to this project? I'd love to install my ARB twin in that location. Pretty sure the sPOD will fit over the booster, then I'm back to having both installed under the hood again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode