Finally ready to order parts. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Finally ready to order parts.

Picked my white 08 2 dr 6 spd up Nov. 1 2007, and have not done anything to it other than painted all hinges, windsheild wiper bowls, antenna and grill slat edges black with diamond shaped mesh behind the grill. I finally have other projects done and the funds to start doing mild work (About time). I been doing alot of reading and parts browsing and blah blah blah, so here's the game plan. Let me know of anything i might be missing or could change before i make the order. Keep in mind it is a DD with trips every other month to Rausch Creek Off Road in Pa. I don't plan on going crazy big on lift yet(ever) because it is already pretty capable stock even running the 255 good for one years.

GAME PLAN:
Teraflex 2.5 with shocks
JKS Adj. Front and Rear Track bars
JKS Quicker Disco's
Track bar braces for front and rear (Probably Poly Performance since they bolt on and i can't really weld and they seem solid)
Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x17
I'm Undecided on rims

Thanks for your thoughts/help! I'm sure you guys will steer me in the right direction!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like a good plan to me. I kinda wish I would have kept the lift a little smaller. You will love the grapplers. You dont even need the radio anymore. Hell my wife even loves they way they hum.

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

Have you looked at Rock Krawler's 2.5 stock mod system? That would give you all new springs, rear track bar bracket and front adj track bar. The rear adj track bar can be added from RK as well but not needed right off the bat. RK has quick disco's as well. Then add some bilstein 5100's for shocks and have a great riding DD and offroad capable rig and save a couple hundred bucks.

I think that the mud grapplers in your application would'nt be the best choice. They are a very aggressive mud tire for a DD and 2X a month offroader. I would look into a general grabber(new style), BFG's, Falken A/T, Mickey thompson MTZ's. These would be a better all around tire with a great on road ride.

Also with the 35's think about gears and a programmer for the spedo in the future.

Hope this helps and good luck with the build!

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OR CALL 813.361.0869

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

JK ED: I have read and saw videos about the hum on the grapplers. lol. I'm ready for the noise!

WSOFFROAD: I have Looked at the RK kits. The Stock mod kit is missing some other components i would like to have like the Brake line reloc, bumpstops, and the rear sway links. If i do decide to go bigger down the road Rk is on that list. I'm not worried about the ride, a friend of mine has the TF2.5 on his Unlimited. It rode fine to me. It is a Jeep after all not a Cadillac. lol. It will prob feel like a Cadillac after riding my hardtail all day. The Grapplers are something i won't change. Since the day i laid my eyes on them i wanted them. lol. I did think about a gear change and programmer. i will be getting a programmer when i get my tires. The gear change will prob happen when i break an axle or something, that and i.m not worried about mileage at either. if i wanted mileage i would have bought a Honda, well maybe not a Honda but you get the point.

Thanks for your input guys. I appreciate it
post #5 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Granite Guru

My jeep is my DD and I have never regretted the grapplers. They ride good, great on wet roads. mine balanced with very minimal weight and the hum makes everyone take a look. And so far they have worn pretty well.

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ohh I wasnt saying the ride of the teraflex was bad their kits ride great. We like the Rock Krawler kits because everyone always wants to go higher at some point. RK kits are very easy to upgrade and they are a great company. Not to mention we have a better price point on them compared to Teraflex. I completly understand getting what you want on the tires the mud grapplers are a great tire. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know!

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode