Whose control arms do not have to be removed for adjustment? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Whose control arms do not have to be removed for adjustment?

I'm trying to decide whose adjustable control arms to buy. I don't think I want to remove the mounting bolts for each freaking adjustment...

So whose do not have to be removed to adjust them?

Clayton?
TeraFlex?
PolyPerformance?

Others...?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to NorthGAX Send a message via Yahoo to NorthGAX

I know that Poly Performance arms do not need to be removed.

Love you brother and you will always be my hero!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

Poly or Icon are the only 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Rock God

Garage

RK, is one better than the other that you guys chose not to make yours adjustable on the rig?

no jeep here...
post #5 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer83l View Post
RK, is one better than the other that you guys chose not to make yours adjustable on the rig?
Price, the Poly arms are a little more money than most because the added parts for the double adjuster

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #6 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

its niiiiiice to be able to adjust my poly arms with the rig on the ground!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #7 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
its niiiiiice to be able to adjust my poly arms with the rig on the ground!
X10 I don't do it that often, but often enough to really appreciate how easy they are to adjust on the vehicle.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

you shouldn't really need to adjust them unless you're changing the height of the vehicle.

RK's would be tough since they have that high clearance bend to them...
post #9 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Rock God

Why are you adjusting your arms so much ?

post #10 of 19 Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mall Krawler View Post
Why are you adjusting your arms so much ?
Changes in lift height, adjusting front pinion/caster angle, adding/losing weight, moving axle forward/backward, etc, there are many reasons.
post #11 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Wheeler

I bought the AEV Front control arm brackets instead of adj. control arms.

They not only got my caster near perfect but my steering and overall handling became much better. The brackets are only 100 bucks and are very beefy.... Much cheaper than adj. control arms.

I spoke with Northridge about them and he said they are a great upgrade for the money and 3 times less expensive than 1 set of adj. control arms

i am very pelased with these...

2011 Jeep JK Unlimited

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12
post #12 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 08:45 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanblack321 View Post
I bought the AEV Front control arm brackets instead of adj. control arms.
First time seeing these.

Looks like a poor solution... the stock mounts and arms are vulnerable enough, dropping them even lower.... ouch!
post #13 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM
JKowners Vendor

We do not put double adjusters in our arms because we believe in the KISS principle. It is one more added thread section to possibly have an issue with, it adds even greater cantered loads to thread sections. If it happens to adjust while in the vehicle and the occupant does not know it, a control parameter of the vehicle is changing and the ones that are currently offered to not meet SAE standards for fastening.

We also do not feel people need to adjust their arms all that much unless major changes are occuring. Once the vehicle is set up properly, it should be good to go.

Those are merely our opinions on the subject matter.

Rock Krawler
post #14 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Looks like a poor solution... the stock mounts and arms are vulnerable enough, dropping them even lower.... ouch!
You said it, not me...

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #15 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to sickchilly Send a message via Skype™ to sickchilly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
You said it, not me...
Yeah, they hang a little lower. Yeah, you can bash them. I've done it on the Rubicon. Then again, I only have about 3.5" of lift and 35" tires on a 4-door. However, they held up just fine. They work as advertised and, for the money, they're a great value. I'll replace them with mid arms eventually, but in the meantime, they work just fine as skids while I have bigger things to worry about upgrading!

2007 Jeep Green Rubicon 4-door with various bits 'n pieces... broken in but not even finished!
post #16 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
First time seeing these.

i put these on my wife's to help with castor and i was really suprised at what a difference it made, both in handling (fixing the castor and the flighty steering) as well as the ride (much better small bump compliance)

for 100 bucks they're good value.

if i was building a hard core rock crawler no way would i go near them. But for my wife's DD that'll get wheeled a few times a year, they're great.

AND IMHO light years better than cam bolts! (scary)

that's my .02
post #17 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Changes in lift height, adjusting front pinion/caster angle, adding/losing weight, moving axle forward/backward, etc, there are many reasons.
And how often are you really doing this I've had my set up for 2 seasons and a whole lot of trail rides and my arms have never needed to be re-adjusted.

post #18 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mall Krawler View Post
And how often are you really doing this
Several times a year so far.

Quote:
I've had my set up for 2 seasons and a whole lot of trail rides and my arms have never needed to be re-adjusted.
Great for you, but clearly that isn't the same for everyone else.
post #19 of 19 Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Rock God

Mine, I run a poly long arm and love it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode