NEW MEATS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

NEW MEATS

finally made the jump to 37's. I hope these are great offroad cause they suck on the pavement. Now I just need to get some new wheels to mount my street tires on and I am good until we can do 40's
Attached Images

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
JKO Addict!

NICE choice in tires!!!!!!!
post #3 of 31 Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Great off-road tire from what I've seen/ heard. Looks good.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Maxxis Creepy Crawlers?
post #5 of 31 Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yep. Maxxis Creepy Crawler. I hope they do as well off road as my km2.

post #6 of 31 Old 09-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Rock God

Nice. I think I'm gonna make the move to 40's or 42's soon. The 37's already seem small to me. Time to start cutting. I'll have to catch up with you when I get back in town next week.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 31 Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
TrailDuty.com

Creepy Crawlers are great off-road, not so on-road, but you'll appreciate them when the going gets tough.
post #8 of 31 Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Nice meats!

Joe -
-
-
-
post #9 of 31 Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

It's been a couple of weeks and I just wanted to see how those creepies are treating you. I found a pretty good deal on some and am very close to pulling the trigger.

Any thoughts?

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #10 of 31 Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
JKowners Vendor

How do they track on the highway? They look bad ass for sure...

RK
post #11 of 31 Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

they suck on the hwy. Better now with about 500 miles on em but still suck. Great off road, Better than my km2 and I loved my km2.

post #12 of 31 Old 09-23-2010, 04:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
It's been a couple of weeks and I just wanted to see how those creepies are treating you. I found a pretty good deal on some and am very close to pulling the trigger.

Any thoughts?
I think they burn up super quick on the street. That was the only thing stopping me when I found a set of those in 40's. Those are hands down my favorite tire.... just can't use them on the street that much.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #13 of 31 Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

leveline - what was your biggest gripe with them on the street?

i bet they are bad ass off road

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #14 of 31 Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Great looking tire. Do they run true to advertised size?

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #15 of 31 Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Yeah, Brad. It's been 2 and a half years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #16 of 31 Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Yeah, Brad. It's been 2 and a half years...

I shreeded one of his old 37" KM2s last weekend. After he had the KM2s he went with 39" Crawlers. This is an old thread!

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #17 of 31 Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I sold the creepy crawlers and bought the 37" km2 again. I will get back to this later as I am driving right now. I guess the search function works

post #18 of 31 Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

heck yeah it does...and yes i brought this thread back from the dead. i am thinking of getting these tires and need some real world experience. i too shredded my km2s through the sidewalls. 2 of em in one shot

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #19 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

The creepy crawler , in my opinion, is a very good tire in east coast wheeling. They perform better than the KM2 in loose gravel and mud but the km2 and the krawlers that I am currently running, out perform the creepy crawler on big rock where there is very little loose rock or mud. The sidewall on the Creepy is much stronger than the km2 or Krawler. The down side to this is sidewall flexing. In large rock gardens, the KM2 and the Krawler wrap around and grip rock a lot better than the creepy which is why I switched back to a BFG Krawler. I am willing to sacrifice a sidewall to make it up an obstacle but that is just me. Both the Krawler and the creepy require some substantial break-in before they perform to their potential off road.

On road performance, I was suprised at how good the creepies were on the road. Not as good as the KM2 but as good or better than my krawler. They are definitely going to wear faster than the km2 or the blue lable krawler. There is no perfect tire for for every wheeling situation so you need to identify where you wheel the majority of the time and choose a tire that will get-r-done in that environment. Hope this helps a little

post #20 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
The creepy crawler , in my opinion, is a very good tire in east coast wheeling. They perform better than the KM2 in loose gravel and mud but the km2 and the krawlers that I am currently running, out perform the creepy crawler on big rock where there is very little loose rock or mud. The sidewall on the Creepy is much stronger than the km2 or Krawler. The down side to this is sidewall flexing. In large rock gardens, the KM2 and the Krawler wrap around and grip rock a lot better than the creepy which is why I switched back to a BFG Krawler. I am willing to sacrifice a sidewall to make it up an obstacle but that is just me. Both the Krawler and the creepy require some substantial break-in before they perform to their potential off road.

On road performance, I was suprised at how good the creepies were on the road. Not as good as the KM2 but as good or better than my krawler. They are definitely going to wear faster than the km2 or the blue lable krawler. There is no perfect tire for for every wheeling situation so you need to identify where you wheel the majority of the time and choose a tire that will get-r-done in that environment. Hope this helps a little
Brad,

Do you have a 37" KM2 laying around? I need a spare until I get new tires (before April).

Your old tire got crazy and I had to put it down:

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #21 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

wow, i thought my KM2's left a lot to be desired in the rocks, but my creepy crawlers pretty much owned the world.

then again, mine were sticky lol

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #22 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dem Gaytrade bottles is sharp!

Quote:
post #23 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Re: NEW MEATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
wow, i thought my KM2's left a lot to be desired in the rocks, but my creepy crawlers pretty much owned the world.

then again, mine were sticky lol
Mine were stickies as well. It really depends on the rock. For where I go, 90% of the time the km2 was better off road but a place like Golden Mountain orv park, the creepie was marginally better.

post #24 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Re: NEW MEATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Dem Gaytrade bottles is sharp!
Don't you have some poppy fields to burn somewhere?

post #25 of 31 Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Don't you have some poppy fields to burn somewhere?
Heck yes! Me 'n' the crew.

Truly, I've never even considered Maxxis. From what I've gathered in this thread, they have different compounds, but the same tread style?

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode