Teraflex Elite LCG JK Long Arm Upgrade Kit-Arms and Brackets 2 6.45%
Clayton Control Arms 6 19.35%
Bacon 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Control Arm Upgrade Time

OK, so my stock control arms have seen better days now. I wheeled the piss out of them and they are now officially toast. I have Currie Adjustable Track Bars, 4 inch springs front and rear, Poly Performance HD tie rod and Drag link flip kit, Fox 2.0 shocks, and so now I need to replace my arms.

I would like to know what everyone th thinks of the choices I have narrowed it down to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would take a look at Rock Krawler too.

I currently have the TF short arms. They've been working pretty good so far. My only real complaint is the jam nut. I just wanted to say jam nut.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

X2 on Rock Krawler - sorry, had to vote bacon

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCCotton View Post
OK, so my stock control arms have seen better days now. I wheeled the piss out of them and they are now officially toast. I have Currie Adjustable Track Bars, 4 inch springs front and rear, Poly Performance HD tie rod and Drag link flip kit, Fox 2.0 shocks, and so now I need to replace my arms.

I would like to know what everyone th thinks of the choices I have narrowed it down to.
Looks like you have some of our other products... Wondering why we didn't make the cut list to be considered. :sad:

Poly Performance/Synergy Suspension Control Arms:
-Front Lowers
-Front Uppers
-Rear Lowers
-Rear Uppers

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #5 of 21 Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Looks like you have some of our other products... Wondering why we didn't make the cut list to be considered. :sad:

Poly Performance/Synergy Suspension Control Arms:
-Front Lowers
-Front Uppers
-Rear Lowers
-Rear Uppers
Quite honestly it is a math thing...I hate adding up prices of individual components! It makes my head hurt. Your site does not have a combined arms listing like the others. That means I have to add up the prices and order each set of arms individually. And as bad as I am at adding things up and ordering the wrong stuff...I would have half long arms and half mid arms!

Obviously I like Poly stuff so it isn't a quality thing it is just an I am lazy thing!

post #6 of 21 Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Granite Guru

I just ordered some of the flex arms to replace my rear control arms. The drivers side is bent parallel to the frame so figured I needed to replace them.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #7 of 21 Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkjeep View Post
I just ordered some of the flex arms to replace my rear control arms. The drivers side is bent parallel to the frame so figured I needed to replace them.
Yeah my drivers side rear lower has a frown look to it!

post #8 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Quite honestly it is a math thing...I hate adding up prices of individual components! It makes my head hurt. Your site does not have a combined arms listing like the others. That means I have to add up the prices and order each set of arms individually. And as bad as I am at adding things up and ordering the wrong stuff...I would have half long arms and half mid arms!

Obviously I like Poly stuff so it isn't a quality thing it is just an I am lazy thing!
Ask and you shall recieve my friend...

Part # 8023 made just for you.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #9 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I'm very happy with my poly front arms!
still need to do the back eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Love my Currie Arms... they flex like nothing else! Johnny Joints on all ends is muy bueno.
post #11 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:

Very Nice! Way to listen to the customer!

post #12 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Rock God

get Clayton

ultimate beef
post #13 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very happy with my TF arms. Great trail flex and street ride. I beat on them very hard and they hold up to abuse.

The full JJ Currie arms were not available when I bought my arms, but those should out-flex any other arms of similar size. But lacking that bushing on the frame side may make the street ride a little harsher than the Teraflex or Polys. I have always had fantastic customer service with Currie also.
post #14 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
get Clayton

ultimate beef
i'm a fan
post #15 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Rock God

I love my RK arms. I make sweet love to them very often, they like it rough. This is my second JK with the same lift. I am getting ready to go to the 5.5" Springs and everything else I have works with the new size.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #16 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thank you everyone for your input. After much thought and research I went with the Currie arms.
However I would like to thank Dave from Poly Performance for offering me a great deal on their arms. There was just a backorder issue and the wife wants the JK fixed NOW! So Actually my first choice would have been Poly Performance arms but I had to go to the first runner up Currie.

post #17 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your input. After much thought and research I went with the Currie arms.
You will not be disappointed. Best flexing short arms available thanks to the Johnny Joints on both ends... and don't worry, your ride won't suffer as you have a good set of shocks!
post #18 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
You will not be disappointed. Best flexing short arms available thanks to the Johnny Joints on both ends... and don't worry, your ride won't suffer as you have a good set of shocks!
Yeah, I wasn't worried about the ride. I spent a lot of cheese on shocks to fix that!

post #19 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Looks like that package deal is discounted too.
post #20 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Anybody ever look at JKS arms? Their rotating deisgn (non-locknut) appears to be very flexy...??
post #21 of 21 Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

I'm a big fan of poly stuff... Am running their springs and shocks (and a few other odds and ends) but really like my rock krawler control arms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode