New Round Tail Lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New Round Tail Lights

Hi guys,

I am looking for a set of round tail lights. Basically what I want to do is cover the square hole with sheet metal and have the light come out. I will not be using the Steel Corners. Has anybody done this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I started to do what you are talking about, but I was going to use my AEV trail-corners. It would require cutting a small amt of the body sheet-metal to get the 4" lights to fit (regardless of mounting them to aftermarket corners or not.

I was then going to use button-head black screws to mount the the sheet-metal to the corners. Not too complicated of a project, but I have decided to go a different route now and install some Warrior Products steel taillight housings with flush-mounted 4" taillights and 2" LED back-up lights.
Attached Images

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I started to do what you are talking about, but I was going to use my AEV trail-corners. It would require cutting a small amt of the body sheet-metal to get the 4" lights to fit (regardless of mounting them to aftermarket corners or not.

I was then going to use button-head black screws to mount the the sheet-metal to the corners. Not too complicated of a project, but I have decided to go a different route now and install some Warrior Products steel taillight housings with flush-mounted 4" taillights and 2" LED back-up lights.
Thanks and good luck withy the project, looks like you be using two round tail lights. I am hoping to find one single one with all the toys.... what light came with them conrners?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Rock God

I'm going to be doing this soon. I'll be using a template to scribe the tail light opening onto a 1/8" steel plate. Then, drilling the plate appropriately for the ORO LiteDots tail lights. I may weld a nut at each hole in the back of the plate so I can securely screw through the light and into the plate. Then, once all is completed, weld the plate the entire way around onto the body.

The ORO lights have brake, signal, and reverse in 1 unit.

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #5 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Granite Guru

Here is another option

jk steel tail lights

post #6 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Those don't do anything for me... What's the point if they still stick off the body?? The idea is the flush mount. Somebody needs to make
Some Jk specific flush or nearly flush tail lights

no jeep here...
post #7 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer83l View Post
Those don't do anything for me... What's the point if they still stick off the body?? The idea is the flush mount. Somebody needs to make
ORO Lite Dots. Need some fabbing on the body, but it'll be flush. Give me 2 weeks.

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #8 of 12 Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Only you Dimitri...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

no jeep here...
post #9 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer83l View Post
I am with you on this and I would like to have only one light with the reverse integrated and signals. I lost the book mark but one time saw the perfect solution on one of those Steel corners. the round light was sticking out maybe about 1/2 an inch.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenszel View Post
Here is another option

jk steel tail lights

Those look pretty good. Whats the cost (for the one with the reverse light)? I couldn't find that on the website.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #11 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

This is what I got...(The black round lites.) They sit nearly flush..and they are LED's. back up, brake, turn signal, running. get them from Gen Right.
Attached Images

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #12 of 12 Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Rock God

The problem with mounting flush to the body is that the body is not aimed rearward on the backside. Since it isn't flat it aims outward. Some states will have legality issues with that.

Your RJR sponsor carries the taillights here
http://www.rjroffroad.com/steel-jk-t...ad-c-1597.html

I believe he has some member coupon codes as well.

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode