Blue jeep build - Page 25 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 256Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #601 of 622 Old 04-21-2019, 07:01 PM
pvanfab.com

I have that same piece of shit HF bender. I feel your pain lol. I added some of the usual mods to it, but it's still a pos. And not wide enough. I need to finish my 50" finger brake.
Center console looks great!
Stay safe in Saudi. They usually only cut the heads off good looking people....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 622 Old 04-21-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvanweelden View Post
I have that same piece of shit HF bender. I feel your pain lol. I added some of the usual mods to it, but it's still a pos. And not wide enough. I need to finish my 50" finger brake.
Center console looks great!
Stay safe in Saudi. They usually only cut the heads off good looking people....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thank man.

Here's something that pissed me off so much I had to laugh. Inside to inside of my A-pillar cage bars is 48.5". I can't cut that out of the short side of a 48"x 96"sheet.
pvanweelden likes this.

Kevin
post #603 of 622 Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

please don't get your head cut-off in Saudi . We need you
to finish this build first.

(jk)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 622 Old 04-22-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

please don't get your head cut-off in Saudi . We need you
to finish this build first.

(jk)

#metoo

Actually, it really doesn't matter where I go, it's always the same. Fly in, next morning I'm offshore. At that point it's all water, platforms, and a boat or barge. It all looks the same, same food, the divers generally act pretty much the same...........like rich semi retarded children with differen't accents.

Kevin
post #605 of 622 Old 05-03-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Saudi ain't hot right now. It's actually quite pleasant. Next month forget it.

Head still attached to neck. Ramadan starts soon. So things will slow to a crawl everywhere. Probably lots of guys falling out from dehydration.........cause they can't eat or drink when the big orange ball is in the sky. Should be fun to watch.

A beer in Bahrain is $15
pvanweelden likes this.

Kevin
post #606 of 622 Old 05-03-2019, 10:05 AM
I am the one, a god with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
#metoo

Actually, it really doesn't matter where I go, it's always the same. Fly in, next morning I'm offshore. At that point it's all water, platforms, and a boat or barge. It all looks the same, same food, the divers generally act pretty much the same...........like rich semi retarded children with differen't accents.
lol 300k/yr is not rich. That's a median income in some parts of the country.
(sarcasm for the most part; p.s. your center console is tits)

Last edited by snout; 05-03-2019 at 10:37 AM.
post #607 of 622 Old 05-04-2019, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

A 22 year old single kid with shit for bills, pulling in 200k and living tax free is rich in my book.😎 It's actually really easy to do working just 6 months of the year.

I think I was broke most of the time when I was 22. Probably stoned too.

Oh, galley guy stroked out today. Guess I might need to start keeping score.

Kevin
post #608 of 622 Old 06-24-2019, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

And so the Saudi adventure comes to a end, for a month or two anyways.

Last thing I did while on shift was to pull the trigger on the summit racing shopping cart I had been growing. Already got the first tracking numbers and goodies should start arriving on Tuesday.

Ended up going with a AEM CD7 dash display. Went back and forth between digital or old school mech gauges. Digital won out. And the AEM is waterproof.

Kevin
post #609 of 622 Old 06-24-2019, 08:14 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Welcome back. Now get to work!

2009 JKU
post #610 of 622 Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKommuter View Post
Welcome back. Now get to work!
I'm on it! Already had a box of goodies from Summit waiting at the house.

*Brackets for the 3qt Accusump
*All the 4AN fittings for the brakes, porp valve, emergency bake 1/4 turn valve
*Pushrods for when I do the trunion upgrade on the LS
*Set of the Hella super tone horns
*Orbital mounting bracket
*Stubby adapter from column to orbital
*MSD cut to length plug wires ( coils are going on firewall)
*4 corner steam kit for the LS
*Inline cooler thermostat for the trans
*Inline cooler thermostat for the LS
*Adapter plate to plumb Accusump directly into the oil galley on the block

Also had two LifeLine LL-1257TB batteries and battery trays from Armada show up a couple days ago. Going to run one for the chassis, one for the engine and both for starting. They'll fit perfect on the floor between the back of the front seats and B-pillar cross bar.

Right now the priority is still to get the dash sheetmetal bent up and installed. Just got a tracking number for the AEM dash display, so that needs a dash to mount in. Other than the headlight, wiper and cruise controller switches, everything else is done through toggle switches, so that's a dozen or so holes that need to get drilled in some sort of organized fashion.
cody48 likes this.

Kevin
post #611 of 622 Old 06-29-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

My Holley Hydramat arrived for the fuel cell. The shit ain't cheap, but I've never heard anything other than great reviews for it. My cell has a rather large footprint of 34.5"x 17.5", and I knew there would be issues with the surge tank I bought to put in the cell. No matter where I thought to put it, there would always be a scenario where the fuel was hiding on the other side of the cell.

Enter the Hydramat, and with one pickup hose connected in the center, it will suck fuel from any corner at any angle. The Hydramat is 30"x14", so I should be able to use all but maybe a cup or two of the fuel.

Sometimes you just have to make that funny face, close your eyes and hit add to cart. I did just that. It's over. It shipped. I have it. Already forgot about the price.

Also received the AEM digital dash. It runs off a pass through on the OBDII. 7 pages of confusion I'll be able to set up, if I so desire. Has a GPS receiver for speed.....I guess I can use it for trail mapping too, it's the model with data logging. I can also add inputs to it, so, turn signals, fuel level, high beams, ect. can be displayed.

Most important, it's waterproof.
Rodjk and pvanweelden like this.

Kevin
post #612 of 622 Old 07-10-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Found a place to bend up my dash for me. Now I have to wait a week to week and a half for them to get to it.

I guess I'm working on the frame now. All my link mounts and cross members are only tacked in place, so there's work to be done.

Kevin
post #613 of 622 Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ok, I have a real question for those of you running suspension seats.

How much "suspension " movement do you think you get out of the seats?

I have PRP Podium elite's. Where I was planning to mount the batteries was behind and somewhat below (call it half way) the seats. Well, as luck would have it, due to the latch on the battery box I need to raise them up 4"-5". That will put the bottom of the batteries even with the bottom of the seats.

In that position, the batteries don't touch or push into the back of the seats. But there's maybe 1/4" between them. They're behind the metal (vertical) parts of the seat frame itself.

Problem is, I have no idea what is too close. I can literally punch the seat as hard as I can from the front and I can't feel the battery, baut that's a pretty retarded test.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Pictures:

Name:  DSC00580.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  485.7 KB

Name:  DSC00581.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  488.4 KB

And a really shitty pic from the side.
Name:  DSC00582.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  481.4 KB

@thedirtman , you have suspension seats don't you? What do you think?

Kevin

Last edited by gt1guy; 07-10-2019 at 06:36 PM.
post #614 of 622 Old 07-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Random Dude

Hey Kevin,

IMHO, you should have no safety issues, possibly a little marring on the outer cover if it occasionally rubs. When you use the "suspension", you're deflecting the inner layer and putting the outer wraps in tension.

Naked, your beautiful seats look similar to this:

Name:  PRP Seat Frame 01.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  21.8 KB

Name:  PRP Seat Frame 02.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  33.7 KB

Found a cutaway photo from PRP:

Name:  PRPseats_SeatAnatomy.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  937.1 KB

If you managed to smack the battery, I believe you'd have bigger problems unrelated to seat proximity.

QUESTION: What about re-making the hold-downs, moving the latch to the top, and dropping the batts where you want 'em?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #615 of 622 Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dude, awesome pics. Ya, I can take the bottom seat cushion pad out and see the guts, for the bottom at least.

It also appears that there is way more movement up/down where your butt sits as opposed to fore/aft in the back rest. I tried sticking a battery under the seat, had about three inches to the suspension part. I could easily push my hand down and touch the battery.

I hear ya on moving the latch and that's what I may do. I really want those batteries in that spot. Just want to make sure I keep the use of my legs when it's all said and done.

Sad part is there are two perfectly sized spots right behind the C-pillar. But I don't want to slap another 50lbs directly over the axle, when I already have 250lbs of fuel sitting directly behind the axle.

Kevin
post #616 of 622 Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
It also appears that there is way more movement up/down where your butt sits as opposed to fore/aft in the back rest.
Yeah, if all goes well, the seat will see a lot more vertical hits than fore-aft

Quote:
I hear ya on moving the latch and that's what I may do. I really want those batteries in that spot. Just want to make sure I keep the use of my legs when it's all said and done.
You know I dig modifying crap to the point of ridiculously unique, so just let me know if you want to be talked into another time suck

Quote:
Sad part is there are two perfectly sized spots right behind the C-pillar. But I don't want to slap another 50lbs directly over the axle, when I already have 250lbs of fuel sitting directly behind the axle.
What's going to end up in those two "perfectly sized" spots?
If it's 2 ammo cans with 100lbs of shit, maybe they should live behind the seats and the batteries were destined for that "easy" spot.
Discounting the weight balance issue; on a road trip, would 2 dry boxes or lockers behind those seats provide absolutely kick-ass convenience?

If it's a race missile, I get compromising convenience for performance at all costs.
If it's a toy race missile, I'd give convenience equal weighting.

EDIT: I can't wait to see this monster together.
Hurry the fawk up and give me more eye candy!
Treader likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 07-11-2019 at 07:31 PM.
post #617 of 622 Old 07-12-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]
Hurry the fawk up and give me more eye candy!
How's this.

POF 308, FLIR PTS736 6x-24x Thermal. Just got the thermal need to sight it in after whatever storm passes in the next couple days.

Name:  DSC00585.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  479.3 KB

Let the revolution begin at night.........or not.
ALASHA, 4wheels4life and ExWrench like this.

Kevin
post #618 of 622 Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

New homes for the batteries. Not fucking with the boxes. They'll be more out of the way here. Spine is safe for now.

Name:  battery placement.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  296.8 KB

That gun was just swept away in the flooding here. Crazy
Cod likes this.

Kevin
post #619 of 622 Old 07-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
How's this.

POF 308, FLIR PTS736 6x-24x Thermal. Just got the thermal need to sight it in after whatever storm passes in the next couple days.

Attachment 337706

Let the revolution begin at night.........or not.
I'll see your flir and raise you a trijicon. The yotes are droppin like flys. I'm ready to get on some hogs soon. (Not the ex wife type of hog)

Last edited by Dkjeep; Yesterday at 03:43 PM.
post #620 of 622 Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
I'll see your flir and raise you a trijicon. The yotes are droppin like flys. I'm ready to get on some hogs soon. (Not the ex wife type of hog)
Very nice. Tell me about the rig? How do you like the Trijicon?

Kevin
post #621 of 622 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Very nice. Tell me about the rig? How do you like the Trijicon?
That one is chambered in that new wilson combat 300 hamr. Thermal is real nice. I have wanted night vision for a couple of decades now and when I finally decided to do it and started reading about what to get I found out that the tech for thermal has really come on strong and is not near as fragile or sensitive to conditions. They each have their place but I went with the thermal and don't regret it. Too many hobbies...
post #622 of 622 Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
That one is chambered in that new wilson combat 300 hamr. Thermal is real nice. I have wanted night vision for a couple of decades now and when I finally decided to do it and started reading about what to get I found out that the tech for thermal has really come on strong and is not near as fragile or sensitive to conditions. They each have their place but I went with the thermal and don't regret it. Too many hobbies...
That sounds like a hell of a round. I had never heard of it before. I'm impressed.

I bought a PVS14 a few years ago, and have ran it behind a Nightforce scope on my AR15. That actually worked pretty good, but the PVS14 is only rated to 5.56, so it's a no go on the 308. Far as I can tell, thermal doesn't care what it goes on.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode