BDS Long Arm Suspension - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

BDS Long Arm Suspension

Is anyone running the BDS long arm set up or has seen it in person?
(I did a search with no results )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Wheeler

I have driven one. The brackets hang low, bad suspension geometry in the rear. They have dual steering stabilizers though!! I'm still contemplating on upgrading to long arm and have considered every kit, driven most. RK and Poly are on top.
post #3 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

RK is my top choice as well but I am really stubborn and like having a 4 link design. I know people will argue that its not the best design for a JK and all but thats me and its my money.

RK can you make me a 4 link rear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
...Poly are on top.
Let me know if I can help you out in any possible decision making process.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #5 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Granite Guru

A friend of mine runs the 6.5" long arm on his unlimited. It sees only trail use and gets beat on pretty good. Works pretty well on the trails but seems to go through upper control arm bushings pretty fast and he's had both rear springs replaced. Real nice on the road also. Hope that helps.

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #6 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Wheeler

Terflex

I run the teraflex long arm and love it. Rides and handles great.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who dont
07 ulimited
4"tereflex LCG
atlas
37 toyos
PSC armor
rock jock 60
wild boar
warn
fox coilovers
Psc assist
post #7 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

Alasha

Sorry bud. We do the Triple Threat with the 4 link front, but we will not do a full 4 link rear with track bar. With the rear uppers outboard of the frame it just causes too many issues for what we like. We will be offering our DIY triangulated 4 link rear if you feel like moving your gas tank however.

Rock Krawler
post #8 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_ed View Post
A friend of mine runs the 6.5" long arm on his unlimited. It sees only trail use and gets beat on pretty good. Works pretty well on the trails but seems to go through upper control arm bushings pretty fast and he's had both rear springs replaced. Real nice on the road also. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the feedback. Do the brackets really hang low like fire mentioned?
post #9 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperboyNolan View Post
I run the teraflex long arm and love it. Rides and handles great.
I was a big fan of the Teraflex long arm for a while (and sort of probably still am) but now I have seen 2 major failures of the frame where the rear mounts are welded. That is a design issue and I dont want to spend my hard earned $$ on something that could potentially fail big time.
post #10 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Alasha

Sorry bud. We do the Triple Threat with the 4 link front, but we will not do a full 4 link rear with track bar. With the rear uppers outboard of the frame it just causes too many issues for what we like. We will be offering our DIY triangulated 4 link rear if you feel like moving your gas tank however.

Rock Krawler
Jeremy,

I am going to meet up with Pete Bach some time this weekend to take a closer look at your suspension in person.

Do you need a guinea pig for a triangulated 4 link on a 4 door?
post #11 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
JKowners Vendor

Check your PM
post #12 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Wheeler

Here is the best bds picture of the brackets that I can find.

compared to a RK setup

hope that helps
post #13 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Fire,

Thank you for the pics. I see a huge different in the front. The rear brackets look about the same to me.
post #14 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Wheeler

Another look at just the rear brackets
BDS

RK

BDS hangs about 1.5 inches lower
post #15 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Fire,

I stand corrected. Thank you for the help
post #16 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
JKowners Vendor

The rear instant centers are dramatically different between our products and theirs.

RK
post #17 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Granite Guru

I see u r going to take a look at the RK now. If you want pure indestructible beef its the only way to go. Plus the ride is awesome and the system has amazing flex.if you are going to do the install yourself just make sure you have a buddy to help and have a full 2 days to dedicate to the install. I think we had about 20 hours + in the install

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #18 of 24 Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Rock God

rock krawler is the way to go

post #19 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Jeremy,

I am going to meet up with Pete Bach some time this weekend to take a closer look at your suspension in person.

Do you need a guinea pig for a triangulated 4 link on a 4 door?
Go look at mine. It's at Avenger. Same setup but with a stretch. 3-Link is the way to go!
The instant centers on the BDS are completely fawked up. I'm quite confident that we can get you a VIP deal on an RK System.
post #20 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Go look at mine. It's at Avenger. Same setup but with a stretch. 3-Link is the way to go!
The instant centers on the BDS are completely fawked up. I'm quite confident that we can get you a VIP deal on an RK System.
I sneaked a peak at Avenger on Friday.

I am no suspension guru but I can visualize how you have ~1.5 inches in the rear between the bumpstops and the axle and still rubbed the top of that fender support.

P.S.
Are you running 5.13 or 5.38 because I am super confused as to how you baselined higher than my baseline?
post #21 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by block View Post
rock krawler is the way to go

Bro, your rig is sick! Very well done, and I can appreciate a black, 4-door build...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #22 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 08:32 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

[QUOTE=Fire;524913...and Poly are on top.[/QUOTE]

Incase you were unable to find the link.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #23 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I sneaked a peak at Avenger on Friday.

I am no suspension guru but I can visualize how you have ~1.5 inches in the rear between the bumpstops and the axle and still rubbed the top of that fender support.

P.S.
Are you running 5.13 or 5.38 because I am super confused as to how you baselined higher than my baseline?
Those rear bumpstops squish down to nearly flat. They are like poor-man's air bumps. AKA Dodge Ram bumpers.
My tires just barely graze that support when the bumps are fully compressed, and the top of the tires are about 3/4" from the fender... so it all works quite nicely.

I'm running 5.13's, but mine has always felt more peppy than most others that I have driven.
I'm not really sure why. But that's funny, since you are running stock wheels/tires and I'm running 155lb 41" wheels/tires.
Maybe the intake and exhaust combination? Nothing fancy or expensive there but it seems to work.
post #24 of 24 Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for the closeups of the poly rear arm bracket. I dont see much improvement over the BDS as far as the brackets hanging low BUT your suspension geometry looks much better. After I get new tires(iroks are almost bald) I'll be in the market once my jeep junk fund recovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode