Pentastar fan in 07 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4wheels4life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Pentastar fan in 07

Hey everyone, trying to figure out how to get a pentastar fan working in my 07. I have hp tuners and I see the option for a pwm fan. I also know about the need for upgraded power delivery. But I'm not sure on the exciter wire and where it would come from? Anybody have the info and would like to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Wheeler

Subscribed. This would make a pretty awesome write up if you can make it work with the 3.8. Probably not useful to you, but I can tell you in my ls swap in my 08, I'm using the pentstar fan. The pwm control wire runs directly to the gm ecu and power goes directly to the battery with an inline fuse.
-Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Rock God

So as you noted, you need to run its own set of power and ground wires with a self resetting breaker on the hot side or a fuse or whatever you want. As far as the signal wire you need pull out the TIPM and find the connector C3. Look for a brown wire with a light blue stripe on it. It will be in position #2 on that connector. Cut that wire far enough out from the connector to allow you to slice another wire onto it and splice in the small gauge green wire from the fan.

Beyond that I HAVE NO CLUE if you need any special programming other than what you are seeing in your HPT program. This is just the instructions for the hardware side of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
So as you noted, you need to run its own set of power and ground wires with a self resetting breaker on the hot side or a fuse or whatever you want. As far as the signal wire you need pull out the TIPM and find the connector C3. Look for a brown wire with a light blue stripe on it. It will be in position #2 on that connector. Cut that wire far enough out from the connector to allow you to slice another wire onto it and splice in the small gauge green wire from the fan.

Beyond that I HAVE NO CLUE if you need any special programming other than what you are seeing in your HPT program. This is just the instructions for the hardware side of it.
great thx for the info that's what I was looking for. I've been reading I might need to reprogram the Tipm.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiKean View Post
Subscribed. This would make a pretty awesome write up if you can make it work with the 3.8. Probably not useful to you, but I can tell you in my ls swap in my 08, I'm using the pentstar fan. The pwm control wire runs directly to the gm ecu and power goes directly to the battery with an inline fuse.
-Christie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply, I'm also ls swaped but I need the Jeep side to control ac fan speed or else that would be perfect.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Takes a special program uploaded to the TIPM to get the Pentastar fan to run. I plugged in a brand new TIPM and my fan would not run at all. You can send your TIPM to Robbie @MoTech or Jon @rpmextreme to have it flashed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #7 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi-8 View Post
Quote:

Takes a special program uploaded to the TIPM to get the Pentastar fan to run. I plugged in a brand new TIPM and my fan would not run at all. You can send your TIPM to Robbie @MoTech or Jon @rpmextreme to have it flashed.
thx for the reply, yea that's what I thought. Yea I've been dealing with rpm for parts so I'll send Jon a message.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Wheeler

If you end up doing this I have a almost new pentastar fan for sale.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-03-2017, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJKU View Post
ok I'm interested. How much?
post #10 of 15 Old 08-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJKU View Post
Did you sell the fan?

Current Jeeps are '62 FC-170 Dump, '82 Scrambler, '07 JKU, '11 LS JKU, '17 Grand Cherokee
post #11 of 15 Old 05-11-2018, 08:15 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Hey @ScottyB07 did you ever get the pentastar fan to work?
post #12 of 15 Old 05-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Rock God

07 TIPM will not run a Pentastar fan. Does not have the ability to program for it.

I just installed one on my 07. Best bet would be to contact Jon at RPMExtreme and see what options you have. May be able to run his EzCanus to control the fan. I have an LS conversion with his EzCanbus and that is what he reprogrammed and I hooked up to, to run the fan. Works great
rockystock likes this.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"
post #13 of 15 Old 05-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks! I found that AEV has a solution as well. Not sure which way to go yet but I do have the C&R radiator that's set up for the 3.8 (and maybe 3.6?) fan to bolt on.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ersion-harness
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels4life View Post
07 TIPM will not run a Pentastar fan. Does not have the ability to program for it.

I just installed one on my 07. Best bet would be to contact Jon at RPMExtreme and see what options you have. May be able to run his EzCanus to control the fan. I have an LS conversion with his EzCanbus and that is what he reprogrammed and I hooked up to, to run the fan. Works great
post #14 of 15 Old 05-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
Thanks! I found that AEV has a solution as well. Not sure which way to go yet but I do have the C&R radiator that's set up for the 3.8 (and maybe 3.6?) fan to bolt on.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ersion-harness
If you are wondering about the fans (3.8 and 3.6) installing either will fit. They mount the same and in the same locations.

Just looked at the link. It states in there that you have to replace your tipm with a new 2009 model tipm have it programmed or a used one and use their programmer. That is all on top of the $65 purchase of their wiring harness.

You may already see that but just a heads up.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"

Last edited by 4wheels4life; 05-11-2018 at 12:09 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 05-13-2018, 10:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

We have the PWM fan harness in stock RpmExtreme PWM Fan Harness for Penatstar Fan :: RPM Extreme

You will still need the TIPM and ECU programed to PWM and as far as I know the 2007 TIPM cannot be made to run a PWM fan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode