Zone offroad - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Zone offroad

Does anyone have any experience with the Zone offroad lift kits? The BB and 3" lifts are priced lower than most. Is it because its an cheaper made or not well known?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Granite Guru

I have the 3" Zone lift no complains other then the shocks. It wouldn't stop me from getting another kit from them. They are made by BDS but sold under zone.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Rock God

Garage

My only experience has been doing installs on freinds jeeps. Both of them had the kit changed out within the year due to sagging coils and the ride wasn't he best in their opinion. I do know their 4" kit sat lower than my OME HD.

Personally looking at the price and the little I know of them, there are better kits out there for near the same price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

IMHO, you should look elsewhere. Poly, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Currie. You only need to buy quality once.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
IMHO, you should look elsewhere. Poly, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Currie. You only need to buy quality once.
X2 You get what you pay for!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

The best ways to look for a lift is:

1. What is your budget?
2. What do you do with your Jeep (Daily Driver, Trail Rig, Mixture)?
3. What size tires do you want to run?

Answering the above questions would make it easier for all of us to answer your lift questions.

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #7 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Got It

Your right about you get what you pay for. TF gets alot of praise, what about rough Country?
post #8 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippimud View Post
Your right about you get what you pay for. TF gets alot of praise, what about rough Country?
Rough Country is also a budget company although I like there stuff and there cust. service is outstanding but I'm not a fan of there shocks so if you go that route buy your shocks else where; Teraflex is great but it will cost more so are Currie, RK, Poly and Rubicon Ex. I also like Rancho they offer a buget lift that is really nice and I have not heard anything bad about them yet except cust. srvc. but that has not been my experience with them.

Quote:
post #9 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Wheeler

I would save a little bit more money and get another kit. I installed my Zone 3 inch lift about 15k ago. I also got their sway bar QD's, and their front adjustable track bar. Well, the springs have sagged about an inch. The shocks are junk and way to soft for a lifted JK with bumpers and other protection. The front QD's have fallen apart a few times (I have them welded in place now, I will replace them when I install the new axle) ,...and the best part. Their front track bar stripped itself out and fell apart on the expressway when I was going abour 70mph and through me into a un-recoverable "death wobble" and I had to pull over and drive like 30mph home.

So, In my opinion, go with another company. I wanted to give their kit a shot, because I'm from Michigan and thats where they're made, just trying to support some of the local guys. Dave from Zone did write me back the other day, and offered to look at the parts, and maybe replace them. After the experience I had though, I choose to upgrade to better quality parts.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdave View Post
I would save a little bit more money and get another kit. I installed my Zone 3 inch lift about 15k ago. I also got their sway bar QD's, and their front adjustable track bar. Well, the springs have sagged about an inch. The shocks are junk and way to soft for a lifted JK with bumpers and other protection. The front QD's have fallen apart a few times (I have them welded in place now, I will replace them when I install the new axle) ,...and the best part. Their front track bar stripped itself out and fell apart on the expressway when I was going abour 70mph and through me into a un-recoverable "death wobble" and I had to pull over and drive like 30mph home.

So, In my opinion, go with another company. I wanted to give their kit a shot, because I'm from Michigan and thats where they're made, just trying to support some of the local guys. Dave from Zone did write me back the other day, and offered to look at the parts, and maybe replace them. After the experience I had though, I choose to upgrade to better quality parts.
Wholey crap that sucks. You are lucky you did'nt take someone out! So he said he would just replace the parts? Well I guess thats better than a big FU but if you already have another lift it doesnt help you much. I'm glad your ok though. That sounds like it could of been real bad...

Quote:
post #11 of 12 Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Wheeler

yeah, It was a little freaky. I had my sister and her boy friend with me and they freaked out quite a bit. haha

But, he didn't offer to replace them yet, he said he would 'look' at them and decided. So, we'll see. I may try to get a few buck back from him if possible.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Wheeler

I had their 2" budget boost. I am now running a RK 3.5" lift. I am still running Zone shocks though. I did change the shocks out to Rubicon Express shocks and found the Zone shocks to ride better so I put them back in...I will probably give the RE shocks another shot since I already spent the dough on them.

As for the michdave's issue with the trackbar threads pulling...that could be either a material issue with the trackbar/joint or it could be that the jam nut was not properly tightened. Even RK states in thier information that the jam nut must be tight or the threads can pull out of their arms/trackbars and may not be covered under their lifetime warranty.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode