Humvee Beadlocks...opinions please - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Humvee Beadlocks...opinions please

I know there are a few on here running them....whats your take on them? If you had to do it again, would you go with them? Any major problems?

With 37's it is like 150lbs a tire...how is that comparable to other beadlocks? Weight that noticeable?

thanks guys....thinking about going this route in the new year.....
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/ (saw it earlier in another thread)

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Hundy has them and sells them. Ask him.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Owner: TWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolfknip View Post
thinking about going this route in the new year.....
I like the way you are thinking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels Vendor, Marsh Racing Wheels Vendor, Poison Spyder Vendor, Custom Splice Winch Rope Vendor, Cheap LED Light Bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

you don't get stuck re-torqing eleventybillion bolts all the time

you get a true double beadlock

don't run the mag insert, you want to run the rubber or the plastic one

i'm a fan of them.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #5 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I know there are a few on here running them....whats your take on them? If you had to do it again, would you go with them? Any major problems?

With 37's it is like 150lbs a tire...how is that comparable to other beadlocks? Weight that noticeable?

If you are looking for street legal beadlocks like the HUMVEE wheels then check these out:

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36483

Cheers,
Bond
post #6 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
If you are looking for street legal beadlocks like the HUMVEE wheels then check these out:

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36483

Cheers,
Bond
damn those are sexy....

however, with recentered H1's you can choose whatever backspacing you want and the pricepoint is really attractive

post #7 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
you don't get stuck re-torqing eleventybillion bolts all the time

you get a true double beadlock

don't run the mag insert, you want to run the rubber or the plastic one

i'm a fan of them.

PVC inserts are where it is at. They allow you to wheel with zero psi. Pull your cores if you would like and you will not hit anything inside the tire. The same can not be said for any runflat be it rubber or Mag. However runflats were for people at war and pvc inserts are for wheelers, people that plan on airing down. Both make them DOUBLE beadlocks

While there are other cool wheels out there they are not in the ballpark for the same money. This style of wheel has been on H1's for 30 years now. Even the new stuff they still run the same design, split wheel with an insert making them a double beadlock. They have been tested, and tested and passed. Good enough for us to put our men out there to fight on, then they are good enough for me to wheel with

Another thing that sets them apart from others is the fact that a rock ring can be added. This ring when welded in allows you to air down to zero psi. Beat the snot out of your wheel and not bend the lip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels Vendor, Marsh Racing Wheels Vendor, Poison Spyder Vendor, Custom Splice Winch Rope Vendor, Cheap LED Light Bars
post #8 of 23 Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 YJ View Post
PVC inserts are where it is at. They allow you to wheel with zero psi. Pull your cores if you would like and you will not hit anything inside the tire. The same can not be said for any runflat be it rubber or Mag. However runflats were for people at war and pvc inserts are for wheelers, people that plan on airing down. Both make them DOUBLE beadlocks

While there are other cool wheels out there they are not in the ballpark for the same money. This style of wheel has been on H1's for 30 years now. Even the new stuff they still run the same design, split wheel with an insert making them a double beadlock. They have been tested, and tested and passed. Good enough for us to put our men out there to fight on, then they are good enough for me to wheel with

Another thing that sets them apart from others is the fact that a rock ring can be added. This ring when welded in allows you to air down to zero psi. Beat the snot out of your wheel and not bend the lip.
Ya i'm aware why there's inserts

the reason i mentioned rubber is it's more easily cut down than the mag insert. the mag can be but it's a pain.

the mag insert sends some really cool sparks when you're cutting it though

post #9 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

do the recentered h1 wheels balance decently? i want to get into some beadlocks next year also but have other things on the jeep that need the $$$ over some super bling ass beadlocks. being my dd getting them to balance decently is important.

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #10 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_ed View Post
do the recentered h1 wheels balance decently? i want to get into some beadlocks next year also but have other things on the jeep that need the $$$ over some super bling ass beadlocks. being my dd getting them to balance decently is important.
By law I have to tell everyone they are for off road use only. However. I can tell you that (guessing at exact number) 90% of my customers run our wheels on their DD.

Give us a call if you have any questions

316-337-5311

It's hard to find a wheel and a 37" tire for 189 per corner wheel/Tire combo

Take care,

Todd

post #11 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 YJ View Post
By law I have to tell everyone they are for off road use only. However. I can tell you that (guessing at exact number) 90% of my customers run our wheels on their DD.

Give us a call if you have any questions

316-337-5311

It's hard to find a wheel and a 37" tire for 189 per corner wheel/Tire combo

Take care,

Todd
is that for those military tires?

my buddy runs them on his H1 wheels and they do fine. they're obviously not a swamper but they're not bad.

post #12 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Correct me if I am wrong but arent you locked in to getting a 16.5" tire?
post #13 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Granite Guru

yep, all the h1 wheels are 16.5" does kinda limit tire choices a little

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #14 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Wheeler

i just got the rims and tires from trail worthy they are amazing. they drive great on the road and are great off road. you can get amazing grip when u air down to like 8 psi. i thought they would not grip as well as they would but they do. i know the tread is siuppose to last for a long time. yes u are stuck to 16.5 tires but when u can get great 37 inch tires for $75 a tire why would u go with anything else. they are strong tires too. there was a few times this weekend i thought i should of tore my tires up but not even a scratch. at $75 a tire i am no longer scared of blowing a tire out either. as far as balancing a bunch of air soft BB's and you are in business not to mention mounting and unmounting are a easy as hell also.
post #15 of 23 Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Rock God

8 PSI and a beadlock wheel? Dude, I run 8 PSI on 15x8 steelies with a 12.50 tire and have yet to break a bead in 3 years. Run 0-3 PSI, why you got the damn beadlocks!!

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #16 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Granite Guru

+1 on the single-digit tire pressures. The traction is unbelievable!

Also, be careful with PVC inserts. PVC gets brittle when it gets cold. When an insert splits, nothing is going to keep the death wobble away. My friend had one split and even with full hydro steering, the wheels looked like they were falling off. He swapped over to UHMWPE with no problems, and I used them on mine too. UHMWPE inserts are the way to go.

Bryan.

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1350 driveshafts, 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do
post #17 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:

hid kits http://www.trailworthyfab.com/ (saw it earlier in another thread)

You should go for that route. Keep us posted as well.
post #18 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
Unless the wheel says on it "not for highway use", "offroad use only" or something similar to that they are legal to run in PA by inspection law. Not sure about other states.

Quote:
yep, all the h1 wheels are 16.5" does kinda limit tire choices a little
Interco actually makes a decent amount of tires in a 16.5" wheel size. So if you want to go bigger than 37 you can. For instance you can get an IROK bias-ply in 42x14R16.5LT or 39.5x13.5R16.5LT.
post #19 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
is that for those military tires?

my buddy runs them on his H1 wheels and they do fine. they're obviously not a swamper but they're not bad.
Yes Sir. 37" Goodyears. I've run them on all of my own rigs that they will fit on. They run down the road great. Wear like steel. I sell them for 75ea. If you jack one up it's not as big of a deal as jacking up a $300 tire.

post #20 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk JK View Post
8 PSI and a beadlock wheel? Dude, I run 8 PSI on 15x8 steelies with a 12.50 tire and have yet to break a bead in 3 years. Run 0-3 PSI, why you got the damn beadlocks!!

The psi I run depends on A. How much I like my tires and B. what I am wheeling. Around here the rocks are not nice to your tires or side walls. If you run Zero Psi you either have the money to replace a lot of tires or don't like your tires and want a reason to buy new ones

post #21 of 23 Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3073b View Post
+1 on the single-digit tire pressures. The traction is unbelievable!

Also, be careful with PVC inserts. PVC gets brittle when it gets cold. When an insert splits, nothing is going to keep the death wobble away. My friend had one split and even with full hydro steering, the wheels looked like they were falling off. He swapped over to UHMWPE with no problems, and I used them on mine too. UHMWPE inserts are the way to go.

Bryan.

I have 1000's of pvc inserts out there and I'm yet to hear of anyone who has broken one no mater the temp. Let me guess. His pvc was black and from brand x?

post #22 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

mine are on my DD and have zero funkiness in like a year of running them.
post #23 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

zero funkiness is good.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode