Rear trackbar bracket that won't rub 2.5 reservoir shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By albertmald
  • 1 Post By albertmald

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-31-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Rear trackbar bracket that won't rub 2.5 reservoir shocks

I bought my Jeep with the lift installed (I think it was a pro comp lift) and have since changed everything out except the rear bracket. I have King 2.5 reservoir shocks on the jeep and the rear track bar bracket has been rubbing the shock. It made a nice gash before I realized it and took a grinder to the bracket to prevent further damage. Well it is still rubbing a little so I want to replace it with a bracket that I won't have to grind down OR weld on.

Does anyone know if there is a bolt on bracket that won't rub with the larger shocks?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the shitty pics.

EDIT: Adding some responses i've received from a few manufacturers.

Synergy Part #8056 - $135.99
Hi Albert,

Thank you for the email. We have run our 8056 rear track bar bracket with Fox's 2.5" shocks and they do work together. The Kings should be similar. Some factors that may contribute to interference are if the axle has been pushed back with longer control arms, if it has been pushed towards the driver side due to the track bar length, or if the pinion angle is too high. Also, relocated shock mounts can affect this as well.

Rough Country Part #RC1166 $29.95
Unfortunately, we have not tried this so I can not give you a definite answer. Sorry!

JKS Part #OGS170 - $118.75

Hi Albert,

Thank you for choosing JKS.

I have attached a photo of our bracket with a 2.5" Fox piggy back. I get a little rub at the base of the piggy back mount on the factory track bar bracket that we attach to, but everything else clears.

Thank you
Justin

Teraflex Part #1954776 - $102.59
I do not know if our track bar bracket will clear the 2.5” king shock I believe it will but am not totally sure. It has no problem clearing our 2 ” Falcon shocks so I believe it will also clear the king. I have attached some pictures so you can see the clearance.
Attached Images

2007 JKU, 4" RE Lift, superflex arms & track bar, King 2.5 series shocks, JKS drag flip, D44s with 5.13, front w/ sleeves, gussets, synergy ball joints, OX locker, rear w/ Eaton E-locker, Hanson front stubby bumper, Warn 8k, Flashpaq tuner, dynomax pre-axle dump exhaust, JE Reel shafts, 730N, Banks CAI, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, ACE Engineering sliders, inner fenders, and light bar mount, trektop, bushwacker flares.

Last edited by albertmald; 06-01-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Rock God

Maybe the Synergy one ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #3 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapcola View Post
Maybe the Synergy one ?

I just sent them an email asking if it will clear larger diameter shocks - we'll see what they say.
tapcola likes this.

2007 JKU, 4" RE Lift, superflex arms & track bar, King 2.5 series shocks, JKS drag flip, D44s with 5.13, front w/ sleeves, gussets, synergy ball joints, OX locker, rear w/ Eaton E-locker, Hanson front stubby bumper, Warn 8k, Flashpaq tuner, dynomax pre-axle dump exhaust, JE Reel shafts, 730N, Banks CAI, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, ACE Engineering sliders, inner fenders, and light bar mount, trektop, bushwacker flares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertmald View Post
I just sent them an email asking if it will clear larger diameter shocks - we'll see what they say.
Let me know I have one for sale 70bucks + shipping 😎

post #5 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Let me know I have one for sale 70bucks + shipping 😎

Haha will do. Got any pics?

post #6 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Rock God

Looks just like this one .

post #7 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:

right, but is yours new, used, beat up or..?

post #8 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:

Quote:
right, but is yours new, used, beat up or..?

Either way, it's worth a shot. Wouldn't mind grinding up a used/cheaper bracket if it does rub. How much is shipping to 90012?

post #9 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Either way, it's worth a shot. Wouldn't mind grinding up a used/cheaper bracket if it does rub. How much is shipping to 90012?
Its in good shape I went with a weld on so I just put it on the shelf .let me check on shipping shouldn't be much.

post #10 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Wheeler

I have the UD60s and was rubbing on the trac barbracket. I loosened that gold resi bracket clamp and moved it down and gave me just enough clearance. Couldn't tell if it was rubbing the body or the clamp. Maybe that will help.

2015 JKU with a few upgrades!!
post #11 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scasorla View Post
I have the UD60s and was rubbing on the trac barbracket. I loosened that gold resi bracket clamp and moved it down and gave me just enough clearance. Couldn't tell if it was rubbing the body or the clamp. Maybe that will help.
Thanks for the tip. Mine is actually rubbing the shock body, not the reservoir so I have to move the shock away or get a bracket that won't interfere. I've emailed a handful of manufacturers looking for the right one.
post #12 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

I've put together some responses I've received from a few manufacturers regarding bracket fitment when paired with 2.5" shocks.

Synergy Part #8056 - $135.99
Hi Albert,

Thank you for the email. We have run our 8056 rear track bar bracket with Fox's 2.5" shocks and they do work together. The Kings should be similar. Some factors that may contribute to interference are if the axle has been pushed back with longer control arms, if it has been pushed towards the driver side due to the track bar length, or if the pinion angle is too high. Also, relocated shock mounts can affect this as well.

Rough Country Part #RC1166 $29.95
Unfortunately, we have not tried this so I can not give you a definite answer. Sorry!

JKS Part #OGS170 - $118.75

Hi Albert,

Thank you for choosing JKS.

I have attached a photo of our bracket with a 2.5" Fox piggy back. I get a little rub at the base of the piggy back mount on the factory track bar bracket that we attach to, but everything else clears.

Thank you
Justin

Teraflex Part #1954776 - $102.59
I do not know if our track bar bracket will clear the 2.5” king shock I believe it will but am not totally sure. It has no problem clearing our 2 ” Falcon shocks so I believe it will also clear the king. I have attached some pictures so you can see the clearance.

Edit: Adding Readylift's response:

Readylift Bracket for 3"-4" lift - $34.79

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ReadyLIFT suspension. To the best of my knowledge we have not tested the brackets with a King. We do offer returns for up to 30 days on un installed product. You could purchase item and hold up to area without installing to determine fitment. Returns are subject to a 20% restock fee and shipping both ways will not be refunded. However this is going to be the only way to determine fitment. Have a great rest of your week. Take care.
tapcola likes this.

Last edited by albertmald; 06-01-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode